40% off Coupon code - XC5VNQ5SCL7PVQ
Endprice - $377.40 (+ shipping) from $629.00

Dell Ultrasharp 1704FPV
30% off Coupon Code - K22H3GP0F5JLLJ
Endprice - $244.30 (+ shipping) from $349.00

Expires January 27th - Thursday -

:)

Edit: Sorry, put wrong link on 1704FPV.

Edit II - Looks like they changed expiration date to Thursday..

Yea I'm thinking hard about 2 of those 19's(saw it on sd) but are they any good for video? I mean they 20ms

RiDDLeRThC said:
god i remember paying $450 each about a year ago for my two 17" Ultrasharps :(

Do you know the response times on the 17" LCDs. I want one for gaming to replace my 19" CRT that is going out. If its above 25ms I won't buy one, but if its 16ms or less I will likely get one of these monitors.

Snobok said:
Do you know the response times on the 17" LCDs. I want one for gaming to replace my 19" CRT that is going out. If its above 25ms I won't buy one, but if its 16ms or less I will likely get one of these monitors.

The 1704FPV is 25 ms. I wouldn't be so quick to judge it solely on the written specs though. There's always a case where an LCD with supposedly higher response time scores a lower reponse time than an LCD with supposedly lower response time. Check one out for yourself anyways, that's what I'd do.

Out_of_View said:
The 1704FPV is 25 ms. I wouldn't be so quick to judge it solely on the written specs though. There's always a case where an LCD with supposedly higher response time scores a lower reponse time than an LCD with supposedly lower response time. Check one out for yourself anyways, that's what I'd do.

I was reading about a new BenQ that was only 4ms, but it only had a 350:1 contrast ratio; so there are other things to keep in mind.

dont forget this code too

Dell UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1in Digital LCD monitor $799 - 25% off coupon code: XP61JFTR4PCH0L = $599

I just tried that coupon out, and it actually added 25 cents to the price since it was already reduced.

Ocean said:
dont forget this code too

Dell UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1in Digital LCD monitor $799 - 25% off coupon code: XP61JFTR4PCH0L = $599

eh, it was showing up as 800 when i checked it. though i dont remember whether it was business or home.

whenever i go to their site and do a search of their entire site for for 2001fp, there are no results. i end up using google.

My aprent swont let me get this unless my grades are better :mad: How does a monitor affect my grades ahhh the crt we have doesnt fit on my desk unless its angel to the side :mad:

Cry me a river. Thank the gods that you have parents who would even consider buying you a computer, monitor, etc. The fact that mommy and daddy even put up with that kind of whining means you have it MUCH better than most. Damned ungrateful kids...
Another thing to note carefully is that Dells have a light-bleed issue if the monitor's backlit. (IE near a window) That aside that's a damned good price on a pretty good monitor, whether you play games or not. If speed is an issue while desk space is not, get a CRT in the same price range.

Here's a couple of Small Business codes I'm not going to use.

Was going to make a new thread, but I figure this is here.

15% off Select Dell Peripherals!
Enter coupon codes
KCJV84$3Q1BM91 at checkout for 15% off4.
Expires 01/26/05.

Mystery Code?
Enter coupon code
?M9LK0JRBD9LLW at checkout to find out exactly how much you could save.
-If someone uses this one, tell me how much it was for, because the email doesn't say.

WTF?

$377 for a 19" Dell LCD? thats freakin' nuts.... my brother in law just bought an Acer, 16ms, 19" LCD for $309 at Newegg and he's tickled pink with it so far.

man, I'd wait for another 2001FP hot deal to come out (which happens quite often) before I were to plunk almost $400 on a 19-incher.

nephilim said:
Cry me a river. Thank the gods that you have parents who would even consider buying you a computer, monitor, etc. The fact that mommy and daddy even put up with that kind of whining means you have it MUCH better than most. Damned ungrateful kids...
Another thing to note carefully is that Dells have a light-bleed issue if the monitor's backlit. (IE near a window) That aside that's a damned good price on a pretty good monitor, whether you play games or not. If speed is an issue while desk space is not, get a CRT in the same price range.

Its my money not theirs, my parents haven't bought anythign for my PC.

I find it interesting that the 19" is scoring a lower response time on the Dell specs.
Doesn't that mean that its a 6-bit LCD and therefore can't really display 16.2million colors but only 262,000 colors at once.

The 1905fp is a 20ms PVA panel. The colors are pretty good however it ghosts a decent amount on browns/greys. I had one about a month ago and ended up returning it. Check out the display forum for a review I had done on it, including some pictures. No matter how fast pva/mva panels get, whenever they display grey colors, the response time climbs to 80-90ms. The stated response time is the lowest the monitor can produce. UT 2K4 and Far cry didn't really ghost, but HL and CoD ghosted quite a bit. It was a nice monitor though at a really good price.

Here's a link to my review
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027153284#post1027153284

Ety said:
From selling all my paintball stuff and money and money I've been saving.

did you buy the paintball stuff?

sorry, couldn't resist.....

you guys are being really critical, theres no point on asking questions like that to him

heh....i hav parents also and they would not buy stuff for me....especially high priced electronics (due to b/c they are trying to make me stop wasting $$$)....if you want stufff....find a job or open up a business, i am 16 and i started a business but I decided to shut it down.

i now hav a $1500 dlp projector, crt projector, went through over 10 cpus and 7mbs in less than a year, tried all sorts of cooling for pc except for LN2....hardcore benchmarking :) *note everything i bought is mostly from my hard earned money :)

very off topic but w/e....sad things happened to me such as 6800U died b/c of faulty antec psu :mad: and that was during the summer 04. NOW I WILL NEVER BUY ANTECS!!!

BACK TO TOPIC :)

Light issue for dell lcds only apply for the 20" widescreen? Very tempted to buy two of them 17"...

Hey guys, I ran this by the wife, and she wants one of these monitors (I think I would prefer the 2005FPW, but the 2001FP is fine... better than our 17" NEC).

But None of the coupon codes I can find are valid any more, and the best deal I can find on Dells site is 640 bucks for the 2001FP.

This is obviously not so [H]ot as the 450 bucks that I have seen some people get it for... are there any new coupon codes out? How can I sign up to get coupons from Dell?

echow87 said:
heh....i hav parents also and they would not buy stuff for me....especially high priced electronics (due to b/c they are trying to make me stop wasting $$$)....if you want stufff....find a job or open up a business, i am 16 and i started a business but I decided to shut it down.

I am doing that too but my parents won't let me do that ether right now.

2005fpw here I come...

yes I am aware of bleeding and other issues but I'm not that picky

I picked up two of the DELL 1905FP LCD's before the coupon expired. What a great deal. They arrived very quickly. Really blow away my previous Viewsonic VP181B. (which is for sale on ebay BTW).

Here's a pic of dual 19's under XP.

ferrari-desktop.jpg

ericsan said:
I picked up two of the DELL 1905FP LCD's before the coupon expired. What a great deal. They arrived very quickly. Really blow away my previous Viewsonic VP181B. (which is for sale on ebay BTW).

Here's a pic of dual 19's under XP.

ferrari-desktop.jpg

Dang that looks pretty sweet! I am debating on doing the 2005fpw DUAL :) I could spend another $600 on a really nice GFX card so I may do that.

Back