File Server Remote Access Rec

PoW

Limp Gawd
I am running a windows xp file server that runs eXeem, a bittorrent client, and an ftp server. My objective is a way of managing all of these services remotely without the use of VNC which tends to eat up resources like no other. I am currently using ABC as my bittorrent client. It is ok..., the web interface doesnt work particularly well (aka hasnt been updated to match client upgrades). I am running an apache server on the box as well. I have system info (temps, etc) displayed on this page and a link to the php pages I use to control eXeem. I still have to ftp into the box on a regular basis to manage/move/delete files.

Anybody know of a slick preferably web based solution for managing these types of things. I have come across a few Bittorrent clients with web interfaces, G3 is anther one I've used their web interface doesnt allow for uploading of torrent files which isnt cool. My objective is to be far away and use a public comp, laptop etc to check up on the fileserver and make sure all is well. Any suggestions?

I have TorrentFlux setup on my home web server. It doesn't have all of the robust features of, say, ABC, such as universal upload rate control or even on the fly upload rate changing, but I've grown to like it a lot. For some people it's a pain to setup, while for others it was easy. I didn't have many problems with it.

Now here is a n00bish addendum to my first post, currently I am running 4 harddisks of all different sizes etc. They are drives C, D, E, and F. Now I know I can set up logins for each drive and perform actual file managment through that method but I am sure there is a more intelligent way of doing this. Any more suggestions.

BTW TorrentFlux looks really excellent I am getting a MySQL server up as we speak in order to see if I can get this going. I am even considering running this box eventually as a purely linux server running TorrentFlux if it works well enough for me. We'll see!

Azureas has a nice web interface.

as for exeem i haven't heard of a web interface for it yet.

Back