FX53 or 4000--which one.

keimigca

n00b
In my never ending quest to build a new system, I am now looking at one of those two chips. Except for the unlocked multiplyers is there any difference between the two(socket 939). And if I have no thoughts of OCing them is there any reason to get the FX over the 4000.

chris

I saw a benchmark where the fx53 suprassed the 4000 in a certain test for some unknown reason... (they didnt even know why) but other then that everything looks the same. Except for the obvious unlocked multis!

If i find that review ill edit it back up.. ;)

the coolness factor of saying you have an fx chip would be the sole reason if you're not going to overclock.

fx-53, just because of the afoementioned coolness factor, and the unlocked multi's which could help tremendously....only problem with the fx-53 chips is they still use more voltage than an fx-55 chip..so granted you'll have to do some modding in order to get that fx-53 to massive OCage...

But still if you don't really plan on total domination in the OVerclocking arena..i would stick with an fx chip..than the normal 4000+.

Back