Project : AriaTech

This project will be called AriaTech. Reason why? Well here we have a lovely Aria I will mod so that it will blend into the living room of my future home. I guess you could call it my dream home or something of the like. It will be modern with warm tones. You know..."Contemporary, yet stylish." So, AriaTech is just a play on the word architechture.

The AriaTech mod will most likely take some time to do, since this month I will be moving. I'm not sure if I'll have much time to mod, but I'll try to when I get spare time. By posting this thread I'm just letting everyone know that I'm still going to keep modding. It was a promise from me to a friend of mine who kindly gave this to me as a Christmas gift.

I do have a few plans already.

* The Aria will be a mid-end to high-end gaming rig for LAN's since I plan to attend MML this year.
* After LAN's it will be placed in the living room as an HTPC / Gaming computer.
* ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro for the video card.
* AMD Athlon 64 socket 939.
* Corsair XMS in Dual Channel.
* Water Cooled either internally or externally.

All I have at the moment are pictures of the stock case, since I am still in the stages of planning.

Enjoy!

Ariaboxfront.jpg

AriaCaseFront.jpg

AriaCaseLeft.jpg

AriaCaseRight.jpg

AriaCaseBack.jpg

That's a cool box there. What kind of modding work will you be doing? The basics such as aesthetics and such? Or a little advanced?

-J.

Thanks :) At the moment I'm still kind of planning out what I want to do. I do know that there's going to be some acrylic used perhaps tint. ;)

Aww... just look at the cute box, looking adorably innocent... unsuspecting of the terror it'll be facing at the hands of its new mistress :eek:

Please be kind to it :)

Looking nice, I also have one of these cases and had it water cooled but then is it water cooled there is not much air flow in the case,

I’m now thinking of re-shaping the back panel to take one of the shuttle PSU's, and then have either a 120mm/92mm or 2x 80mm fans sucking out all the hot air, and then putting 2x 60mm fans on each side of the card reader at the front. (total of 4x 60mm fan at the front)

ZapperFish

Good luck with the mod Jess I know I'll be watching:)

Although I do have to say that I cringed when I read these two lines:
* After LAN's it will be placed in the living room as an HTPC / Gaming computer.
* ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro for the video card.
For an effective HTPC you should use hardware based TV encoders and ATI's line of AIW cards don't do that. I've seen quiet a few people burned by going trying to go the AIW path, for HTPC usage they're rather subpar quality-wise. Anyways there's a ton of benefit from using a seperate TV tuner and video card. Also learning the ins and outs for an HTPC is also alittle difficult, learning what software you need as well as good hardware to support it. (A brief explaination of hardware and software based tuners and why you'd want a hardware tuner)

Anyways I think I'll probably end up rambling soon if I continue so instead please drop by the HTPC forum here and have a look around, there's a King's ransom (or should that be Queen's ;) lol) of info there to help in build a quality HTPC setup. :)

Sounds awesome. Could you post some pictures of the room it is going to be in, or just the house in general? It sounds nice, and I think the idea of having a PC to match a room is really neat.

Good luck with moving and all that. Label your boxes!

Oh, and I second CrimandEvil's suggestion of a seperate tuner card. I personally like the Hauppage's, but that's another issue.

Can't wait for progress.

What board will you be using coz i could only find 754 boards, and only 2 of them are nForce3 -250GB, - one by MSI, and one by BioStar, i wanted to get one of these board but neather of them were avalible in Australia so i had to go for one with a VIA chipset

Perhaps foxconn, I haven't really looked into it much but someone said an Nforce4 board. I usually get the hardware after the case is done. :)

Oh and the livinroom hasn't been done, yet I'm thinking like 5 years ahead here. But I do know what I want my living room to look like so I'll try to get some sample decor pics. :D

zapperfish said:
What board will you be using coz i could only find 754 boards, and only 2 of them are nForce3 -250GB, - one by MSI, and one by BioStar, i wanted to get one of these board but neather of them were avalible in Australia so i had to go for one with a VIA chipset

Down with VIA!!! :D Go the nForce the SATA actually works properly on nForce boards. Only real prob would be finding a Mini-ATX nForce based M/B :eek:

Definitely looking forward to see what you do to that box! Will be watching this one for sure.

BTW - is that a 120mm fan on the back?

zoidberg3001 said:
Down with VIA!!! :D Go the nForce the SATA actually works properly on nForce boards. Only real prob would be finding a Mini-ATX nForce based M/B :eek:
i dunno of any nForce mATX boards other than the nf3-150 aopen board... and it doesn't have SATA. i've been eyeing this one, though.

and iirc it is a 120mm fan, especially seeing that it is as tall as a PCI slot cover.

the ati chip's supposed to be a good oc'er according to inq and another place at CES. So we'll see i suppose.

and the fan on the back is 120mm. It is the psu fan also IIRC.

Back from the moving...got a job and all that fun stuff.

Slight update for the AriaTech project.

Here we have 3 cans of Duplicolor paint. First is the Primer in black, second is the midcoat, and last is of course the clear coat to give it that shine and protect the finish.

Lots of sandpaper to make everything shiny and smooth.

paintsup3qi.jpg

Perhaps its time to break out the dremel...wherever it is...hopefully I didn't misplace it in the move lol!

By the way got an upgrade for Vash...bigger HD space!

Grab that case by the haunches and just do what you gotta do.
That looks very moddable.

Hi Jess. I think I pm'd you over at bit-tech about this project. Glad to see that you're getting the time to start it up. I really liked what you did on Vash, so I'm looking forward to your take on the Aria. Is there going to be a theme for this one? Or is it just a "decor" job?

awesome little mod. ive seen some great stuff from you in the past. i only expect great things to come from this mod, too! :D

Hmm...it could be a themed mod. Like Vash I usually have an idea, but in the end it turns out better than the original idea if that makes any sense lol. My mind just works in a mysterious way when it comes to going from point A to point B. :)

Jess' current pump, the hydor L35
product_image2.jpg
gave out. She's planning on replacing it with a more powerful pump, the Eheim 1260
product_image.jpg

At the moment she's unable to go online because of the bad pump. Not that she's online all that frequently anymore anyway.

i was not threadjacking, she said that she was going to be useing some plexi so i showed how i used plexi on my case.

Wrong. Check the quote. "here is my aria hope that you like". Sounds like a jack to me.

Frankly Id' like to see more of this mod. I have an Aria myself that I plan to mod in the near future.

lord_tris said:
i was not threadjacking, she said that she was going to be useing some plexi so i showed how i used plexi on my case.

Right, but you could have just as easily PM'D her. since you only wanted to show it to her, not act like a troll.

Jess sure has some staunch defenders in her absence. When is she coming back online anyways? :confused:

And as for the thread-jack, the side doesn't just say "Oria" it says "Ohhria". The line in between the first and second characters elongates the sound. FYI ;)

i liked that trigun case she did, was awesome, love trigun awesome show!

/shrug/ how can you threadjack a worklog? wont she keep posting about her worklog? :p

plus she said she didnt know exactly what she was gonna do

let the man put his crap up there and see if it helps her any, good lord

stop trying to be a hero for points...........

soulsaver

themark said:
Jess sure has some staunch defenders in her absence. When is she coming back online anyways? :confused:

I think she wants me to buy the pump for her. I don't think she likes it when I tell her that she has to pay for it herself.

Back