"Print Ad" Type Photos?

O'Doyle

Limp Gawd
I was bored last night and decided to try some photos that would seem like it belongs in print ads. I shot these in "Super Macro Mode" and I had to use a lot of the manual focus feature. I used my Canon Pro 1 and my tripod. I didn't really photoshop any of them (other than resize, auto levels,contrast,color [on some], and bordered them). Feel free to comment :) .

Print Ads:

Banana Republic.jpg

Clinique For Men.jpg

Odoyle Rules.jpg

Clinique Happy.jpg

Grayscale.jpg

BurBerry.jpg

Odoyle Rulers 2.jpg

Banana Repub.jpg

I'm here for ya buddy. This so called "Super Macro Mode" that you speak of is crazyness indeed. Looks like it, takes a ....*picture*.....and then.....suspends the object in the air......Magic? I think so. Sorry I'm weird right now.

But ya these shots are very good. As good as mine, well that's debateable haha. j/k of course

And your stain was mustard. :p

No, it has to be Ketchup! :p

What kind of backgrounds did you use? I think one of them is an acrylic plate of some sort with the reflections of things on top of it, but the other yellow background with the phone floating on it baffles me. What did you do to make it look like it's floating on the background? I like the angle of the floating phone, but everytime I look at it I can't understand how it is seperated from the background the way it is...

BTW, next time glue them to the backgrounds/page, because magazine editors won't be too happy when all of their advertisements float off of the page and get lost :D

It works...... The "Twist" works....... :)

Ember & Tim: The floating effect will have to be our little secret ok........

I shall reveal it, now..............................................

I first started off with................. Oh no I got a cramp on my right hand, it is hindering me from revealing.... must get........Tr-ea-tment.........

:D

ps: how's that for a "Twist?" dun dun dun........ Tune in next time.... same Bat Channel.... same Bat time...... :D

Tim_axe said:
No, it has to be Ketchup! :p

But What Brand?...... Ahhhhhhhhh! Ohhhhhhh!

Tim_axe said:
What kind of backgrounds did you use? I think one of them is an acrylic plate of some sort with the reflections of things on top of it, but the other yellow background with the phone floating on it baffles me. What did you do to make it look like it's floating on the background? I like the angle of the floating phone, but everytime I look at it I can't understand how it is seperated from the background the way it is...

You sir are giving me more credit than that.... To be honest, I just manually focused (a whole lot) enough to make the background seem whole, when in fact it is suppose to be blinds/ curtains... Had two torchire type lights and over-exposed the yellowness coming from the light bulb ( kinda tricky, but it is in fact simple!) And it wasn't acrylic :p

Tim_axe said:
BTW, next time glue them to the backgrounds/page, because magazine editors won't be too happy when all of their advertisements float off of the page and get lost :D

What if they cater to "Hippie" type consumers who just happens to want to smell good and get a "High" off of floating pics :p ?

ps: If you really must know or would just like to try it out, I can PM you (and / or Ember too ). Just because you guys were nice enough to comment on my lonely & pathetic thread.

(Hint: Reflection from last Cell Phone pic)

Emberghost said:
But ya these shots are very good. As good as mine, well that's debateable haha. j/k of course

And your stain was mustard. :p

Yeah, Yeah, your shots are good..... :mad: Damn you!

But nothing compares to the "Lure" that you add/ bring with your threads.... You sir are a Wizard indeed..... It's like, you leave all your audiences in limbo....... Damn that "Twist" :mad: ...... I still wanna see those SHOES.... and know your AGE......

Why must you torture me.... :(

This is some neat stuff! How about some whiskey shots to go with the handle, aye?

mwarps said:
This is some neat stuff! How about some whiskey shots to go with the handle, aye?

Hmmm good idea (Odoul's?) :D .... I don't drink much though :( .... but I like the way you think! :p

I love the first Banana Republic shot. :)

I tried this before when I was taking a super-macro shot of someone's eye (very difficult to do, 10-year-olds don't stay still :D). It's my Quiksilver Surfers watch.

quiksilverlogo.jpg

lorcani said:
I love the first Banana Republic shot. :)

I tried this before when I was taking a super-macro shot of someone's eye (very difficult to do, 10-year-olds don't stay still :D). It's my Quiksilver Surfers watch.

That Banana Republic is what reels you in.... then the "lure mysteries" is what may keep you :p (learned from my mentor Ember and his side "twists", lol ).

Anyway:

Wow, nice photo & watch, it looks like it fits snuggly. What camera do you use?

O'Doyle said:
Wow, nice photo & watch, it looks like it fits snuggly. What camera do you use?
Thanks for the compliments. I use a Canon Powershot A95. Still learning all the settings, but I spent quite a while setting up the manual focus, with a tripod.

Also, on Big Ben up there, how did you get that level of detail? It looks like he has a lazy eye. :D

lorcani said:
Thanks for the compliments. I use a Canon Powershot A95. Still learning all the settings, but I spent quite a while setting up the manual focus, with a tripod.

Also, on Big Ben up there, how did you get that level of detail? It looks like he has a lazy eye. :D

Nice cam. Fyi, make sure that when you manually focus, that you "set" it, I always seem to forget to set it and I have to redo the focus :( .

Can you try to get really close and dump it into a crazy angle? It might make it look crazy, plus I get to see that watch of yours some more :p !

About Big Ben, I used manual setting, manually focused, and used "Super Macro Mode" (its an actual feature on my Canon camera, I don't know if the A95 has it, check it if it does, it's a badass feature).

About Big Ben's lazy eye, leave him alone, he is still a popular/ sought after currency despite his wandering eye! :p Plus, that hundred dollar bill was a special edition one, must be the newest ones because if you look closer, you can see the writings on his collar, lol!

Whoa, hot!

I like the blue hue that it gives off, almost has that calming blue effect going on :p !

What camera are you using there? DId you use blue light or was it just a blue desk with light shining though? Pretty good, I like it!

O'Doyle said:
Whoa, hot!

I like the blue hue that it gives off, almost has that calming blue effect going on :p !

What camera are you using there? DId you use blue light or was it just a blue desk with light shining though? Pretty good, I like it!

Thx...the camera was a Sony F-828 set to custom white balance to give it a blue shift and shot on top of a white posterboard.

Oh, that's a nice camera. I was also considering that.

If you took those a few months ago, I wonder how good you are now, you must be more familiar with your camera now.

Anyway, I will try to take more pics myself. Maybe try the Coin stacks or some close macro shots of flowers and junk.... We'll see :) Keep it up guys... I wouldn't mind seeing more!

Nice Billy Madison Referene w/ he ODOYLE RULES.

Good movie, one of sandlers last good movies.

And That veronica vaughn... Sry to thread jack

Nothing fancy really, just those tall "torchire" lights, (basically 2 household lamps). :)

Back