Project: Batman Begins (completed!!!)

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
forumtitle.jpg

So I've toyed around with this idea for a month or so and I'm finally building it. Apparently nobody likes the mediocre cases I've been doing, they all want to see the big stuff or as I call them "grand-scale customs"

Anyway, this thing is huge at just about 4 1/2 feet wide. It will hang on the wall just above a monitor, tv, plasma, whatever.... If this doesn't get your attention, well, :p I don't have a concept drawing yet because it's all in my head....and I can't draw for squat. This will be updated every couple of days so check back for new stuff.

No specs will be announced till later.

batman1.jpg

is it gonna have another side and pc parts in the middle or just the pc parts behind it?

It's going to be about 3-4" deep (or as deep as a plasma screen pretty much). The connectors (USB, power, etc) will be mounted into the bottom so the wires hang straight down. Right now the plan is to have the front black with a red glow around it. Possibly going to airbrush the front in a red smoke similar to the artwork above.

neat idea.

i ask that you please do not diminish the honor of the batman label

BATMAN dododododododoDO BATMAN :D :p . Any way paint the front black with the glow around it HOT. And were did you get the plexi online or like home Dpot?

PS,home Dpot is a joke.....

Wow its so big you can put Batchairs around it and seat four. :D Ahh..I see so it's a large illuminated wall-mounted sign basically with a PC inside?

Looks like it wiull be fun--Good luck with it Q!!

tight, I have always wanted to see some batman cases or superman or something in the comics field of cases, anyways cool deal, and can not wait to see it finished

CrimsonSky said:
Ahh..I see so it's a large illuminated wall-mounted sign basically with a PC inside?

should I put a yellow circle around it so i can warn gotham city?

shoes said:
...i ask that you please do not diminish the honor of the batman label

Joel Schumacher has already thrashed it enough. :mad:

The new movie is starting from scratch. This mod sounds like a really interesting concept with lots of room to evolve. I'll be watching...

Cut it out. Also traced the red 1/8" that will go behind it. Will cut that tomorrow night and probably start cutting holes for led's, then epoxy the aluminum backing after all the wiring is done with the leds.

batman2.jpg

Qtip42 said:
I don't have a concept drawing yet because it's all in my head....and I can't draw for squat.

I have a suggestion for you: take a studio drawing class. Do'nt go in with any preconcieved notions, listen to the instructor, and try all of it, and do'nt quit. You'll get to the point where you have confidence in yourself and your abilities (you can visualize fine, and it's just practice to get it on paper), and you will be able to sketch anything in short order. ;)

looks good, now if only you had the balls to use a nice big 42" plasma screen as the base of the mod, would look kinda funny trying to watch movies on though. Good luck with the project.

Batman Begins is gonna be good hopefully.
I can't wait to see the movie and your wicke case ^____^.
Bravo on ur idea.
Case needs a very dark theme. And good lighting >P
Lvoe your batman symbol so far it roxors your boxers

Nipples it is!

Ok I actually thought of something while working today...........instead of adding more features to an already unique case, why not do a "bat console" and have it rest below with digital gauges, an LCD, etc all in one batmobile-esqe cladding.. If I had the $ I'd make it a touchscreen and have it interface with a plasma screen on the wall. Then make it a media center pc....but thats just dreaming......................or is it?

edit: I'll be on www.modcam.net tonight (cam5) if anyone is interested in seeing some work get done.

Got the red layer cut tonight. Will hopefully start laying the led's tomorrow.

batman3.jpg

Very fucking awesome.. What size plasma do you plan on puttin in that thing? It doesn't look like it will house anything bigger then like a 13"

I meant put a plasma under or above it. It wont fit a plasma screen IN it. As far as screens go, I'm thinking a 7-10" LCD for the console. Right now I have no plans to hook it up to a plasma screen unless I get to borrow one from a friend :D it's possible but I'm concentrating on the work ahead right now and not the screens.

1/8" aluminum. This will be the base of the case. I decided not to do a backing for the red acrylic....at least for now.

batman4.jpg

Ordered a flex-atx motherboard for the case. The case can hold two flex-atx boards but I'm not sure my budget allows for dual everything. Since nobody stocks flex-atx boards, you have to buy a SFF case and hack it up. If anyone wants to sell or trade a newer flex-atx board, let me know.

Anyway, I made the structure for the walls today. I'll be doing this for the top part also but not till later. Once these get screwed in place, I'll get some of the walls up and start mounting template parts. Still haven't decided on the rest of the specs yet, video card prices are stupidly overpriced at the moment. Motherboard will be here Tuesday so expect some more pics then.

batman5.jpg

Holy giant cake pans, Batman! That would make a cool birthday cake for some lucky kid!...or one BIG ass cookie~

look'n good man--I know it will be as fine and polished as your other great pieces. Now come to my shop and help me organize my parts bins.

:p Little did everyone know, I was going to make a cake with it instead of a case :D

I used a jigsaw to cut the 1/8" metal and a band saw to do the majority of everything else.

wow...simply amazing...i literally registered just so i could tell you it's looking great, and that i check these forums for an update on this case 3-4 times a day. I'm just amazed!

mashie said:
Batman meet Gingerbread man :D

Skip the FlexATX idea, you can fit a full Mini-ITX cluster in there ;)

Hmm if only nano itx stuff was availible at a decent price...

CrimsonSky said:
Holy giant cake pans, Batman! That would make a cool birthday cake for some lucky kid!...or one BIG ass cookie~
- Haha stolen for sig.

LOL it does look like a cake tin hey. will look ausome under a masive plasma. cant wait to see how it turns out

:p warthog will be the next big one. I've got a while till Halo2 for the PC comes out.

Back