WoW [H]ard Guild

b_tenant

n00b
I thought it would be interesting to start a guild for the forum members on my server in Wow. So if any of you WoW addicts out there would like to join up send me a telegram and I will invite you into the guild. My character "Tenant" is on the server Stormreaver. I am still trying to decide what i want the tabard to look like. I am leaning towords the beer mugs right now. But suggestions are appreciated. I wonder if we could get blizzard to add the [H] logo to the tabard design just for us? ok I am done talking to you now.

I think the people here are spread out over so many servers, and have put in so much time into their toons that switching or coming together on another server isn't going to happen. GL though.

60 Priest Rogermortis on Hellscream

I'm not a fan of playing on my alt until I get to a higher level, so...

20 Alliance Warlock/Lightning's Blade/"Amaruu"
6 Horde Priestess/Skullcrusher/"Camara"

QHalo said:
I think the people here are spread out over so many servers, and have put in so much time into their toons that switching or coming together on another server isn't going to happen. GL though.

Will agree as to how spread out folks are, but leveling up in WoW is pretty quick. Would be a good time to take advantage of the new servers out there: 2 new PvP, 2 new RP, and 1 new PvE. Since PvP seems more popular, I'd suggest one of those. (Although anytime I see Spirestone, I think of Firestone.)

I have a level 60 priest with a ton of high level blue items and I found the Epic Truefaith Vestments pattern. I wouldn't recreate a toon for anyone right now. Sorry. If any of the people here put in the amount of time anywhere close to what I have, you won't be getting them to move.

To each his own though..

Yes I agree though that if you are just starting out a toon and there's enough to here just starting, find a similar server and go to town for the [H]!

They opened 4 new servers yesterday. 2 PvP and 2 RP.

Even if people had been playing sense yesterday getting ganked by a lvl 30 would be rare as they would not venture into territories this early... maybe SV or other contested area but no lvl under 30 should ever be in those areas.

If you do a Hardforum guild it should be on one of those new PvP servers.

Blizz is toying :) with the idea of copying characters to another server to ease the load that is plauging the servers. Lets hope that they do and I would copy right on over. lvl 53 Warlock

I'd be willing to start up another character on Stormreaver or one of the new servers. Horde or Alliance?

Tofu Drift said:
[H]orde would be fitting :D

If we are putting it to a vote... I'd say [H]orde also.

But hey... that might be just because I had a lot of fun powerleveling a Tauren Shaman to level 20 last weekend.

Well..... since I'm new to both the [H] forums (as a registered member. I've been lurking for a long time) and to WoW (just started last night.... 5th lvl Taruen Warrior named Tarquin), I don't know if anyone would take me, but I would love to join an [H]orde guild... I'm on one of the new PvE servers (Eldre'Thalas) and things seem pretty zippy so far (not much lag).

Anyway, just my two cents. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Would agree that [H]orde is fitting as well. What's better - a PvE or PvP server?

Im on shattered hand a pvp server, I got to say it has to be one of the funniest things in WoW. Just venturing into contested territory and going into huge battles against the Horde and pwning them is a great way to break up the flow of leveling and questing.

Dunno why anybody would want to miss out on this action by going to PvE or RP unless you were like a pacifist or something :eek:

Most people that did PVE thought it would be like EQ where averyone could trade and talk.

If you have the game you know that if you are Allience and your friend is Horde you will only meet in battle.. no trades, no talking.

PvP has problems.. Rooftops being one of them.

DemonDiablo said:
Im on shattered hand a pvp server, I got to say it has to be one of the funniest things in WoW. Just venturing into contested territory and going into huge battles against the Horde and pwning them is a great way to break up the flow of leveling and questing.

Dunno why anybody would want to miss out on this action by going to PvE or RP unless you were like a pacifist or something :eek:
I've mostly played on PVP servers. Even though I don't PVP very well, PVE just seems way too easy. And, while questing in contested areas, it adds much more tension and gives me a reason to stay extra alert. Sure... You will get ganked once in a while, especially when questing in Stranglethorn Vale.

Heh... i'm on Shattered Hand also. My main character (right now anyway) is Tisha, a Gnome Mage. Do you play Alliance or Horde?

DemonDiablo said:

Seeing as I'm:
1) completely new to this whole new-fangled "MMORPG" thing
2) only a lvl 5 char (for now)
3) a member of the Horde to which you have much pwnage of
.... I've found PvE to be quite alright in my book, thank you very much...

Getting yr arse handed to you over and over again is not the best motivation to keep playing :D

But I have a feeling a majority of [H] warcrafters are probably advanced enough and are going to want PvP... guess I'll be stuck in newbie land for a bit longer.....

Raedon said:
Most people that did PVE thought it would be like EQ where averyone could trade and talk.

If you have the game you know that if you are Allience and your friend is Horde you will only meet in battle.. no trades, no talking.

heh... crossfaction trading and communication is what the neutral AH and 1337$|>3@|< is for.

but yeah... rooftop battles in Booty Bay and Gadgetzan are sometimes fun. However, it can get annoying when you are just trying to turn in quests or just use the neutral AH.

BarbeauBot said:
Seeing as I'm:
1) completely new to this whole new-fangled "MMORPG" thing
2) only a lvl 5 char (for now)
3) a member of the Horde to which you have much pwnage of
.... I've found PvE to be quite alright in my book, thank you very much...

Getting yr arse handed to you over and over again is not the best motivation to keep playing :D

But I have a feeling a majority of [H] warcrafters are probably advanced enough and are going to want PvP... guess I'll be stuck in newbie land for a bit longer.....

While it is true that you will usually be at the mercy of higher level opposing faction members, I really haven't had any griefing or corpse camping problems. And, just because they are able to attack you doesn't mean they will always attack you. They might be busy questing also, and not want to get in a fight that would slow them down. Opposing faction members even help each other out every once in a while... It's rare, but it happens. Just be careful to avoid using area effect spells if it happens to you.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
I'm on Daggerspine. It's a Newer PVP servers still considered low pop. Anyone else there?

I'm gussing if you switch servers you have to start a new character on it from scratch, correct?

BarbeauBot said:
I'm gussing if you switch servers you have to start a new character on it from scratch, correct?

That's correct. I'm "only" a lvl 20 now. But it's enough time spent that I don't particularly want to switch. It'd be easier lvling and stuff I guess with a group though.

Raedon said:

lvl 60's camp roofs in darkshire constantly on Mal'Ganis. You kinda have to sneak through town to make it around. Its like they dont have anything better to do. Oh wait they dont! :D

Well, unless there is any action on this idea, it's destined to die. Perhaps we should set up a vote to see if folks would do it. If not, this idea could RIP. Judging from what I've seen it looks like the best chance for this to get off the ground would be to select one of the new PvP servers.

wfalcon said:
Well, unless there is any action on this idea, it's destined to die. Perhaps we should set up a vote to see if folks would do it. If not, this idea could RIP. Judging from what I've seen it looks like the best chance for this to get off the ground would be to select one of the new PvP servers.

*cough* daggerspine *cough* :p

I am on Kel`Thuzad and it is always a pain in the butt to get on the server.. I am willing to get in a guild w/ [H]]ard forum members.

PvP is much more intersting but more annoying as well. However in a guild PvP is great.

Though [H]orde may be a choice on any server as a Guild name it might go agenst Blizzard's Guild name policy. Might have to call Blizzard to work it out if that is possible.

Has anyone started this? Someone has to pay to start the Horde guild.

Maybe the thread CREATOR? :)

If not, I ran a high level guild on EQ for years called Mayhem which was a Dark PvP guild so if someone doesn't step forward..

.. I'll need some seasoned PvP MMORPG generals and we will get the [H]orde started.

I just started a character on the new pvp server Spirestone. I have a level 18 undead mage and would love to help make a [H] guild on this server. Its medium population which is perfect, the economy is great, and there is no lag.

Drawshot said:
Heh... i'm on Shattered Hand also. My main character (right now anyway) is Tisha, a Gnome Mage. Do you play Alliance or Horde?

I actually believe ive seen you around a few times im not compeltely sure though. Im a night elf hunter playing under the name DemonDiablo

uB3rn00b3r said:
I just started a character on the new pvp server Spirestone. I have a level 18 undead mage and would love to help make a [H] guild on this server. Its medium population which is perfect, the economy is great, and there is no lag.

Well, it seems as if there is no interest. I posted a poll which got 3 votes total - none of them willing to move to a different server. Everyone seems attached to their current chars and wants everyone else to move to their server.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=873149

There is interest it just happens to be the weekend and people are not reading the forum they are playing or at some party or etc..

Leveling in WoW is so easy that people will get bored at 60 like many of us and a week or two from now you will see this fly. Hell, Most players already know how to complete quests for at least one race of Horde.. I can take an undead Rogue to 40 in no time now because I know where the quests start and end.

That and many know where to grind now to level fast to 60.

I haven't bought the game yet as I just recently got my internet connection back up, but i'd definately join. Unless you're already in a guild there's not much to be lost by making a new toon(unless, like one poster, you've found some uber rare item, although i'd just ebay that), and it's always fun playing with like-minded people.
The only problem I see is that the guild would be letting any kind of person in, since it'd be based on forum membership. So trying to make an organized guild would be pretty fruitless, while making the guild into a place where pvp gank squads could be easily formed would work well imo.

So my advice: get a few people, join a new PVP server, and start the guild. The high lvl ppl might not switch immediately, but once there's something to go to that's been built by newly joining members, the switch will have been made easier for them.

For those interested in the guild idea I am starting a new character on Frostmane. Frostmane is one of the new pvp servers that just went live. Everyone will be on equal footing if they start soon. It will be a [H]orde guild. My character name is Tenant. If you send me a telegram in game i will make sure you make it into the guild. It may take me a few days to get enough money to start the guild. It is kind of nice not to have to wait a billion years to get onto the damn server at night. Which was a problem with the other server i have characters on.

b_tenant said:
For those interested in the guild idea I am starting a new character on Frostmane. Frostmane is one of the new pvp servers that just went live. Everyone will be on equal footing if they start soon. It will be a [H]orde guild. My character name is Tenant. If you send me a telegram in game i will make sure you make it into the guild. It may take me a few days to get enough money to start the guild. It is kind of nice not to have to wait a billion years to get onto the damn server at night. Which was a problem with the other server i have characters on.

I'm Making a character now. I'll msg you in a few seconds.

edit: What's your character name.

well no reply. Me and 3 other guys just bought a Guild Charter for "Hard" on Stormscale (one of the new PVP servers).

Undead Rogue, Tauren Warrior, Undead Warrior so far.

Feel Free to message me. My name is Seleste on that server.

well i'd be interested, i have a 27 Troll Hunter on NerZhul but getting kind of bored of him. The only problem seems to be a split in this now, so where's the guild? How many people? and what lvls are you guys already?

Back