Need cheap soundcard

MaxPower

Limp Gawd
Right now i'm stuck with a card that i can't find XP drivers for (Diamond Monster MX400), it has a spdif connector but the drivers won't output from it. (only front speakers work)

So i'm looking for a inexspensive card less than $30 that has a spdif (coax) connector. I was looking at the Soundblaster live 24-bit ,but i can't find anywhere that it has a spdif connector. Does anyone know for sure if it does?

I won't be doing any gaming so hardware decoding doesn't really matter much to me. All i want is to be able to send a digital signal to my reciever so it can decode it primarily for DVDs and music.

You want a Chaintech AV-710. It has an optical output, and a quite nice analog output as well. less than $30 at Newegg.

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately when i checked last night they were sold out. Is the gainward card they sell any good? I noticed they have the same chipsets.

Also what's the cheapest sound card i can get that has a coax spidif output? They also had a Aopen card for sell that comes with a daughter card that has a coax output.

I guess not. I always just shop at newegg period. I never go bargin hunting anymore. Newegg is much eaiser; change is scary.

Plus now i only do my shopping with pay pal vendors only.

Back