Juicy GeForce News!

call this a rumour, call this bullshit, call it whatever you like, but i managed to get a little info on Nvidia's next project :)

i wont reveal my sources as i dont want to get anyone fired, and the following info you wont be able to find anywhere on the net.

Nvidia xForce NVX-70 Graphics Core 60nm (The G70 that we're hearing about is based on this chip and is a high-end workstation core)
512MB "XDR" Graphics Memory @ 1.8Ghz

my source wont tell me the core speed, but says its a huge leap in technology, and have opted for features more than Mhz speed. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book perhaps?

theres no further details on this, so i cant say if it will be called 7800 series or not, if i can squeeze more info it will be heard here first :)

considering your source, i call bullshit

not to mention that they skipped 22 digits in the core number which is way too much for next gen

Let's see, you're new to the forum, you dream up some great sounding "news" from a "source" who you won't mention, post it, and expect us to....what? Thank you for your insight?

60nm technology is a long ways off dude, we won't see that until next year at best.

i'm just saying what i've been told from a reliable source, and i'm not that new, just dont post much.

i find it hard to believe myself, but i trust who told me, i dont expect you lot to believe me either, just delivering some info.

if you dont believe it fine, i'm not forcing you to post on this thread.

that stuff sounds more feasable for mid-'06 (i say this cuase that is when longhorn is due, DX10 and the like, it could be the "new tech" he is talking about), which isnt improbable... he said the next *project* not the refresh of the 6-series... the FX was around for a couple of years before the 6 came out, and i suspect that is the kinda thing we are looking at here, whether this is BS or not

TheTrebleKing said:
i'm just saying what i've been told from a reliable source, and i'm not that new, just dont post much.

can we ban him yet?

TheTrebleKing said:

i find it hard to believe myself, but i trust who told me, i dont expect you lot to believe me either, just delivering some info.

if you dont believe it fine, i'm not forcing you to post on this thread.

Right. Well, a reliable source told me we'll see a V12 engine Civic coming out later this year...but I can't reveal that. :rolleyes:

Look, it's highly suspect when new forum member posts something so extreme. Not to say it's 100% false, but it's just awfully fishy without some evidence to back you up.

mattsaccount said:
60nm technology is a long ways off dude, we won't see that until next year at best.

Agreed: GPU manufacturing ALWAYS lags behind CPU FAB design changes. I mean jeez GPU's are JUST starting to be released in 110nm for the last couple months... How long have the 90nm processes for CPU architecutre been out?

AMD wont even have 65nm parts till 2006, so if this rumor is true, it probably wont materialize till Q2 or Q3 of 2006...

bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bullshit!

Do you honestly expect us to fall for this?

Once again, BullShit....

I did hear from the Inq. I think that nVidia was changing it's naming convention, with a chip called G70 but I know as much as the rest of you. Don't know why they'd get rid of the "nv" part though??

DermicSavage said:
considering your source, i call bullshit

not to mention that they skipped 22 digits in the core number which is way too much for next gen

According to the driver support file the next nvidia core is infact code named the G70. Just FYI. I too call BS. The fab process is totally unbelievable. Nvidia and ATI simply dont have the money to put into R&D to manufacture ahead of Intel and AMD which are both JUST starting to manufacture reference 65nm procs. Personally i'd even be schocked if the next gen Nvidia core was anything other then 110nm.

J-Mag said:
Agreed: GPU manufacturing ALWAYS lags behind CPU FAB design changes. I mean jeez GPU's are JUST starting to be released in 110nm for the last couple months... How long have the 90nm processes for CPU architecutre been out?

AMD wont even have 65nm parts till 2006, so if this rumor is true, it probably wont materialize till Q2 or Q3 of 2006...

Intel just got thier prototype 65nm parts running recently. So yeah Nvidia should be able to start producing 65nm parts in about two weeks. :rolleyes:

Well ATI's next part is supposed to be 90nm. So that will be probably be released about a year after 90nm has been out with Prescott / Dothan right?

So I'd call bullshit on the 65nm part. Unless its not scheduled to be released until Q4 2006! :) about a year after intel goes to 65nm.

Though the other stuff sounds plausible. You know whats funny. If he had emailed that information to The Inq. It would have ended up front page. :)

I know b/c I emailed a hunch there once about the X-Box2 becoming the next HTPC (or PC replacement). Then the next day he referenced my email about MS trying to take over the Entertainment Center / PC world with the XBOX2.

J-Mag said:

I dont believe there is any law that says it has to lag behind CPU technology.

Since none of you have heard anything different and none of you have any sources it would be hard for any of you to know for sure whether he is telling the truth or not.

I have a few inside connections with different companies that i talk to once in a while and when they tell me things i dont go off telling everyone where i got it from as they can get into alot of trouble because their not suppost to talk about it with anyone. If you dont want to believe what he said then dont believe it. You dont need to jump all over him and tell him he's lieing all because you dont want to believe it even though you have no proof otherwise.

I realize most of you are just saying it because your so strongly in love with ATI but thats besides the point and we shouldn't be rude to new members.

Shifra said:
According to the driver support file the next nvidia core is infact code named the G70. Just FYI. I too call BS. The fab process is totally unbelievable. Nvidia and ATI simply dont have the money to put into R&D to manufacture ahead of Intel and AMD which are both JUST starting to manufacture reference 65nm procs. Personally i'd even be schocked if the next gen Nvidia core was anything other then 110nm.

You dont think nVidia and ATI have more money to put into R&D then AMD? lol

AMD just started making a little money after the release of the Athlon 64's. Before that they were barely breaking even and at times losing money just to keep prices low enough to compete with Intel. AMD's market share only makes up about 20% compared to Intel.

IBM is the one that is coming out with the 65nm cores for nVidia.

Everyone is telling that 65nm is coming within 2005 for mass production, hopefully both nVidia and ATI will just for that for the reviced versions as maybe then all obvious transistor-leakage and other issues would be skipped...

Of course if both jump the IBM bandwagon they could make a 90nm part that would actually benefit from the shrinking.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Mar/bch20040405024602.htm

As part of the agreement, NVIDIA will gain access to IBM's comprehensive suite of foundry services and leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including power-efficient copper wiring, and a roadmap that leads to 65nm (nanometer; a billionth of a meter) in the next several years, giving the company the necessary tools to advance its state-of-the-art GPUs.

http://www.embeddedstar.com/press/content/2003/3/embedded7869.html

The chip will be manufactured at Sony's Nagasaki Fab2 facility, a new production line capable of manufacturing 300mm silicon wafers using its new 65nm process, and Oita TS Semiconductor, a similar manufacturing facility in Japan jointly developed by Sony and Toshiba. Those two facilities currently manufacture the integrated Emotion Engine/Graphics Synthesizer chip for more recent iterations of the PlayStation 2 hardware, and have been the target of substantial investment over the past year to upgrade them for the manufacture of next-generation 65nm semiconductors.

http://www.fastlanehw.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2161

burningrave101 said:
I dont believe there is any law that says it has to lag behind CPU technology.

Since none of you have heard anything different and none of you have any sources it would be hard for any of you to know for sure whether he is telling the truth or not.

I have a few inside connections with different companies that i talk to once in a while and when they tell me things i dont go off telling them where i got it from because they can get into trouble because their not suppost to talk about it with anyone. If you dont want to believe what he said then dont believe it. You dont need to jump all over him and tell him he's lieing all because you dont want to believe it even though you have no proof otherwise.

I realize most of you are just saying it because your so strongly in love with ATI but thats besides the point and we shouldn't be rude to new members.

AMD just started making a little money after the release of the Athlon 64's. Before that they were barely breaking even and at times losing money just to keep prices low enough to compete with Intel. AMD's market share only makes up about 20% compared to Intel.

IBM is the one that is coming out with the 65nm cores for nVidia.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Mar/bch20040405024602.htm

Well said.

burningrave101 said:

you think that AMD is a smaller company than ati or nvidia ?

AMD invest more into R&D then nv and ati do TOGHETER, a lot more

Thanks burningrave.

I think its all these ATI consumers dreading the release of something better than the hardware they've spent hundreds of $£€ on.

xForce NVX-70 is only a codename, and as we know, codenames can change.

Time will show if i'm telling the truth or not, i'll just be sitting here smug in xx months time when all this rings true.

Keep it nice people, and don't go flaming me when you cannot disprove what i'm saying, until you can... just put up or shut up.

I'll be back whenever i hear more.

:)

Come on guys, I can't believe you doubt him. Don't you live by the simple principle that everything is true until proven false? ;)

TheTrebleKing said:
Thanks burningrave.

I think its all these ATI consumers dreading the release of something better than the hardware they've spent hundreds of $£€ on.

xForce NVX-70 is only a codename, and as we know, codenames can change.

Time will show if i'm telling the truth or not, i'll just be sitting here smug in xx months time when all this rings true.

Keep it nice people, and don't go flaming me when you cannot disprove what i'm saying, until you can... just put up or shut up.

I'll be back whenever i hear more.

:)

I think its all the Nvidia users, getting pissed of because they just shelled out $900 on an SLI system.

You forget the R520, IMO this has more chace to come out sooner.

I dont believe you on the sole fact that you just came out of nowehere with this info, Your entire post is a "A friend of an uncle's brother's first newphew on my mom's side, told my twice removed third cousin's sister boyfriend, who just HAPPENS to be my best frind" story.

I dont believe the card which i have given info on will be going against the r520, as far as i know, this new tech is in development and not in any production stage.

Spank said:
you think that AMD is a smaller company than ati or nvidia ?

I dont think i know. Do you have any idea the amount of money that nVidia and ATI pull in from OEM sales alone?

Hate_Bot said:
I think its all the Nvidia users, getting pissed of because they just shelled out $900 on an SLI system.

You forget the R520, IMO this has more chace to come out sooner.

I dont believe you on the sole fact that you just came out of nowehere with this info, Your entire post is a "A friend of an uncle's brother's first newphew on my mom's side, told my twice removed third cousin's sister boyfriend, who just HAPPENS to be my best frind" story.

You think so huh? lol

Well i've purchased 3 x800xl's and an x850xt pe in just the last month so i have no reason to get pissed off because i just spent $900 on a SLI system.

The R520 is an irrelevant point concerning the topic at hand.

Half of the stuff thats said here in the video card section comes out of nowhere with no basis to back it up on.

For example:

Hate_Bot said:
And Nvidia get assraped on D3D, whats your point?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=873603&page=2

Now see i can prove you wrong a thousand different ways but you can't come up with one single link that proves him wrong.

Its in your OPINION that what he says is bullshit but to tell you the truth your opinion just doesn't mean a whole lot unless you can back it up with something.

I'm not saying i believe what he said is true, but i can't say thats it not ither because none of us have any idea. IMO, its nice to hear about these rumors once in a while even if they aren't true because it gives us all something to think about outside of the normal preteen craze over which card is 2 fps faster then the other.

chrisf6969 said:
Well ATI's next part is supposed to be 90nm. So that will be probably be released about a year after 90nm has been out with Prescott / Dothan right?

So I'd call bullshit on the 65nm part. Unless its not scheduled to be released until Q4 2006! :) about a year after intel goes to 65nm.

Though the other stuff sounds plausible. You know whats funny. If he had emailed that information to The Inq. It would have ended up front page. :)

I know b/c I emailed a hunch there once about the X-Box2 becoming the next HTPC (or PC replacement). Then the next day he referenced my email about MS trying to take over the Entertainment Center / PC world with the XBOX2.

Haha that's great. They'll publish anything.

I think what he said could be true because he claimed it to be Nvidia's "next project", not their next product for sale.

TheTrebleKing said:
... on Nvidia's next project :)...

Spank said:

burningrave101 said:
I dont think i know. Do you have any idea the amount of money that nVidia and ATI pull in from OEM sales alone?

All 3 companies are public so you can easily find out how much they spend on R&D

I'll go with the BS call as well. My prediction is with next gen cards NV does a "6900" and ATI adds shader model 3. Oh, and they'll both do some efficiency tweaks and NV will fix the video processor in thier high end cards.

Oh, and the Parhelia 2 will crush them all with it's 1024-bit DDR4 250GB/s memory bus, 32MB embedded dram per chip and 1-4x32x2 architecture. (up to 4 socketed chips, 1 gpu cards upgradeable to 2, 3 or 4, 32 pipelines, 2 textures/clock per pipeline) It'll ship with 2GB ram, with room for 32 sodimms on the back of the card. (must be installed in sets of 16) Oh, and it's SLI capable.

lol j/k about the Parhelia 2. It's much more likely to come with a buy one get one free coupon for Crown Royal.

i want it to be true.

any mods willing to say if his ip is used by a reputable long term member?

Considering all the threads I have seen asking about the next greatest video tech coming up, I would think this would give everyone something to wow over or discuss. Instead I read almost 2 pages of everyone calling shens for personal reasons rather than bringing anything to the table for open discussion.

As burningrave101 has already pointed out, we dont have to beleive the information but we can be a little more open minded about the info. Enough of the info posted has a ring of reason that I dont disbeleive it. But it also is a bit hard to grasp considering past video technology.

TheTrebleKing never said this was going to be the next card released by nVidia. He said it was the next project in the works by nVidia. That doesn't mean their going to release it this year and its definitely not that far fetched to release early next spring.

nVidia will most likely release another refresh of the NV40 cores for this year and that will be that for 2005.

burningrave101 said:
TheTrebleKing never said this was going to be the next card released by nVidia. He said it was the next project in the works by nVidia. That doesn't mean their going to release it this year and its definitely not that far fetched to release early next spring.

nVidia will most likely release another refresh of the NV40 cores for this year and that will be that for 2005.
thats exactly what i said

but then again, no one listens to me :(

I believe you guys. I do believe it's true too and I also hope this means nVidia will release their "spring" refresh" cards...(or whatever thier called) soon.. I"m nevously awaiting the next line up of nVidia cards so that I can use the eVGA step up program by the time it expires.

burningrave101 said:

look at the last quarter's for the 3 companys,

Amd spends about $250 millions on R&D, thats half of nvidias total revenue. Nvidia and ati spends around $150 millions on R&D togheter.

Amd is a larger company then ati/nvidia combined

Back