Show off your OSX desktop

Garage81

Mac Daddy
Figure I'd start a new thread, show off your desktop, your mods, your themes, customizations, etc.

Feel free to post not only your desktop, but your computer workstation/setup too. Since we're kind of a close-knit group here, I'm sure we can have workstation and desktop shots co-exist. Maybe even the mods will sticky it ;)

Here, I'll start. Nothing too major here:

^Clicky

background is a mod of the shins website, im a small fan, as you can tell :)

personal highlights include getting the butters in a bear costume adium icon, and playing with konfabulator.

desktop.jpg

sieb:

i use that exact wallpaper at work :)

good stuff. i tried taking pics of my new 15" pb last night, but im up there on the worst photographer list. actually, looking at these pics, im probably the top 1-10 spots. you cant even see the powerbook hardly.

yup, second vote for adium.

i use it, i like how you can really tweak it out. i like the look of having my buddy icon transparently integrated into my desktop.

liquidtrance123 said:
My iBook, I still haven't found any good 1600x1200 walls for my mini as of yet :(
They may not be your style, but I am hosting a few in 1600x1200 here.

Also, I like your dock icons and the disk icon. Where'd you get 'em?

morty- how long have you been running expose like that? i tried it for about two weeks when panther first came out and i got some serious kernel panics.

EDIT: lol grab. cmd-shift-3. own it.

desktop20050303.jpg

ooo I want that Heineken wallpaper.. Mind hooking me up? :)

edit: my powerbook. 1.33ghz 1.25gig ram

vinividivici said:
morty- how long have you been running expose like that? i tried it for about two weeks when panther first came out and i got some serious kernel panics.
I don't remember. Since 10.3.4, perhaps. Several months, anyway. It hasn't caused any problems.

this may sound retarded, but im still kind of new to osx...

what are you guys using for skinning the osx interface?
and is there a simple way to change icons? - edit: figured it out like 3 seconds after posting

synergyo1 said:
desktop20050303.jpg

ooo I want that Heineken wallpaper.. Mind hooking me up? :)

edit: my powerbook. 1.33ghz 1.25gig ram

Can you tell me where you got the pic? Thanks!

I am from cheap land. I've come to look at your lushious graphics.

Ooooh I want a Mac.

I was going to simply say I admire your grafx, but I remembered my desktop scheme, so I am going to go out on a limb here and post my desktop because, it is paying homage to Mac OSX.

lol how did you change the confirm msg? that is awesome. lemme guess...registry?

lol...thud...I was looking in there saying where is the Mac?!?! then the mini struck me :p

I have to figure out how to do a screen shot first.. :D its great learning a new OS

edit.. alright well i figured that out now I dont have a program to crop the picture :p

jonw757 said:
I have to figure out how to do a screen shot first.. :D its great learning a new OS

Use program called Grab It under Applications -> Utilities

charles555 said:
I am from cheap land. I've come to look at your lushious graphics.

Ooooh I want a Mac.

I was going to simply say I admire your grafx, but I remembered my desktop scheme, so I am going to go out on a limb here and post my desktop because, it is paying homage to Mac OSX.

athlon64 3400 @ 2.6ghz...paired with 256mb ram...

am i the only one who sees a problem with that? :(

workingnonstop said:
athlon64 3400 @ 2.6ghz...paired with 256mb ram...

am i the only one who sees a problem with that? :(
lol no, that's the first thing I noticed. I almost responded a few days ago with the same thing... I figure it's his dedicated AMD64 "Windows Skinning machine" and he never opens up any real applications

I have to figure out how to do a screen shot first.. its great learning a new OS

boneca said:
Use program called Grab It under Applications -> Utilities

Its better to just use Command + Shift + 3

You can find a list of hotkeys via System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Back