Need Help with a Slight Problem with 2405FPW

RobertT

n00b
Ok, I just got the monitor and I must say the picture is beautiful. Very crisp and bright, however I have a problem grays. Light grays seem to flicker as if the refresh rate isn't correct but I double checked and it is at 60hz. I'm running a 6800GT, so if anyone has come across this or any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Robert

I've heard stories (well, more like reports) of this happening with NVIDIA video cards. Go to the NVIDIA website and download their new beta drivers. It should fix the problem! If not, then we have a problem on our hands!

Already got the 71.84's that came out on March 2nd. I really like this monitor and hope I'm doing something wrong. Any other suggestions??

Thanks,
Robert

DVI or analog signal? If it's analog, i've had luck creating a fully gray image and then doing the 'auto' thing. Granted, this is on other monitors as my 2405FPW isn't here yet...

If it's a DVI thing, it may be a bandwidth issue. See if there are any ways to turn on 'reduced blanking' in the drivers.

I tried both DVI and analog. Both give the same result. I couldn't find a reduced blanking setting in the drivers menu. I out of ideas. Looks like I may have to send this thing back.

I don't think so. I have the monitor plugged into my UPS so that should provide a nice clear signal. I unplugged everything else besides my computer. I though it might have been my speakers, but those have been unplugged as well.

RobertT said:
Already got the 71.84's that came out on March 2nd. I really like this monitor and hope I'm doing something wrong. Any other suggestions??

Thanks,
Robert

Those are Beta Drivers and they have had problems, Try the official ones 2 and if they don't work step your way up through the various driver releases, david

I'd swap the monitor if i were you.....not being a nay-sayer but think about all those features for a meager $1200 tag? You get what you pay for ....there have to be sth you need to learn to live with. Hopefully its just a faulty monitor tho.

I had a similar problem on my 2005FPW... Switched from analog to DVI, then rolled back to the official NVidia betas (67.66) and my problems are solved. Try it?

I've got a 6800GT OC. I sure as hell hope I don't have those problems with my 2405. :eek: :mad: If I do, I'll have to return it. :(

Thanks for the help. When I get home from work I'll try to swap cables and roll back the driver. If that doesn't work I'll RMA the beast.

Thanks,
Robert

Well, I tried everything. I even got the new NVIDIA 75.90 leaked drivers. If anyone has the 2405FPW and a 6800gt and are running at 1920x1200, can you check if you have this flickering problem. I've noticed that I can see the flickering when hardforums is fullscreen. Mostly seen in the center of the screen. Can so of you check yours and see.

Thanks,
Robert

Don't use the "leaked" drivers. Go to NVidia.com and use those. Either the betas first (i think they just released 70.something) or the official drivers. I tried the leaked ones on my 2005 and had the exact same problem. But good luck. Could be a monitor issue as well.

the driver is not the point....you need to contact Dell and find out what the story is on their side...

I agree. This looks like a monitor problem. Dell is quite good at sending replacements quickly. Call Dell and raise some hell.

Idunno, those of us with the 2005 had troubles playing video through DVI. It looked worse than interlacing any time we full-screened the image. All we had to do was install the latest official drivers and the problem was gone. Though it's a good possibility that the hardware is faulty, I would try solving the software side of things first. For all we know, there could be a problem with his video card, and not his monitor.

******T said:
Well, I tried everything. I even got the new NVIDIA 75.90 leaked drivers. If anyone has the 2405FPW and a 6800gt and are running at 1920x1200, can you check if you have this flickering problem. I've noticed that I can see the flickering when hardforums is fullscreen. Mostly seen in the center of the screen. Can so of you check yours and see.

Thanks,

I have a BFG 6800 GT OC! There is no flickering with greys at all. Or any other color. I even put the board at full screen. No flickering. I hope you don't have a bad screen but it could be.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Sneak said:
I have a BFG 6800 GT OC! There is no flickering with greys at all. Or any other color. I even put the board at full screen. No flickering. I hope you don't have a bad screen but it could be.

Hope you get it sorted out.

What driver version are you using?

people, when you get the new drivers please learn how to properly uninstall them.

download driver cleaner 3

-In windows, goto add/remove programs, uninstall the nvidia drivers.
-restart the computer in SAFE MODE
-run driver cleaner and run it for all the nvidia labled items.
-restart in regular windows mode.
-press cancel to all the screens popping up about new hardware etc etc.

install nvidia drivers through setup.... then restart one last time.

Jawad said:
people, when you get the new drivers please learn how to properly uninstall them.

download driver cleaner 3

-In windows, goto add/remove programs, uninstall the nvidia drivers.
-restart the computer in SAFE MODE
-run driver cleaner and run it for all the nvidia labled items.
-restart in regular windows mode.
-press cancel to all the screens popping up about new hardware etc etc.

install nvidia drivers through setup.... then restart one last time.

Thanks for the help, but I've tried that already. Looks like I just have a defective panel. I have one more test to do and that is to hook it up to my friends x800 xt pe. If that provides the same results, then I'll send the panel back for sure.

Thanks,
Robert

Back