Project: AeroX. The Cool and Silent Antec Aria

I found a sound card that fits perfectly, has the right leads to hook up the front sound i/o, and doesn't block the NV5. I've also ordered a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu.

Hopefully the combination of the zalman, and my fresh air duct to the nv5 should keep it under control a bit more. The more I look at this case, the more I don't want to hack it apart. I might try to create an intake on the bottom of the case, but this would require I keep it on a desk all the time, not the carpet.

51c isnt that hot for an SFF a64. its not really that bad, especially with the other parts you have in it. you wont see any problems until 65c.

please reply to my PM!!!!!

it isn't necessarily BAD, but it is still worse than it would be were it cooler.

what sound card did you choose? the buzzing is most likely just because of EFI (nothing you can do about that) that is worse because it is onboard. no isolation and a lot of electric noise from the cpu, etc.

Aria's are notoruis for bad airflow, but by simply exhausting all the heat from your gpu you probably cut temps a fair bit.

The best to you. I'm running a a64 3000+ and it is only at 39-40c at idle. I believe the Zalman will help alot more than that stock looking thing.

Also I have that save sound card you mentioned and it works great for my useage.

ZorPrime said:
The best to you. I'm running a a64 3000+ and it is only at 39-40c at idle. I believe the Zalman will help alot more than that stock looking thing.

Also I have that save sound card you mentioned and it works great for my useage.

That stock looking thing is the stock HSF :D Glad to hear the sound card works great. It has some good reviews on newegg. Is your athlon in an aria?

I have an ARIA i cant wait for this project to get some progress i need some ideas for mine
leep up the good work
PS i had mine water cooled but i got rid of it now to crame for the water cooling.

i might get a 120mm RAD and put it on the back, and change the PSU to a shuttel

I want to figure out a way to manage the cables inside. It's just so cramped.

I've actually been using the media card reader in front. I'm starting to have second thoughts about cutting it out :(

I have another idea to force cool air directly over the cpu, ram, and gpu....more to come on that later.

relocate the media reader. :)

and wrt the soundcard: it's a nice one. i was actually gonna recommend that.

manage cables: oragami(sp). fold them.

I got my aria today and I am thinking about putting some kind of intake in the front aswell. I plan on getting the Zalman HSF (7000 whatever), changing the PSU fan to somethig quieter, and putting 2 quiet 80mm fans up front. Im using a guide from some other guys site to help, but Im gonna keep an eye on this aswell. Good Luck

That sound card looks very nice i might get myself one, if i can find a place in australia that has them.

You can fit a 120mm fan in the front of the case, and then just put the card reader verticly on one side and the USB sound ect on the other side

where did you buy the motherboard IO shelid plate from? I have the same motherboard as you and I got mine 2nd hand so it didnt come with a backplate.

Naldo said:
where did you buy the motherboard IO shelid plate from? I have the same motherboard as you and I got mine 2nd hand so it didnt come with a backplate.

Look on ebay for an io shield. The one I bought was "for an asus", but it's the same exact one I need. It was 7.99 shipped.

yeah, i surprised myself with the outcome. I used dupli-color automotive paint. I believe its a lacquer. It's a dark blue, really fine metallic. The color looks darker in real life, the flash really brightens it up. It's not as dark of a blue as the front of the aria. But close enough.

It actually looks really professional in person, and trust me....I'm not a pro. I've botched MANY paint jobs before. I can't wait to get this all together!

BTW, DON'T PAINT DOWNSTAIRS NEXT TO YOUR HEATER. Don't worry, there's no open flame or pilot down there, it's hot water heat, but the blower was about 20 feet away, and it dispersed the fumes throughout my house. oops. noob mistake. My wife just about killed me.

Thats looking pretty nice, should go well with all the blue hardware you have for it.

Naldo said:
Thats looking pretty nice, should go well with all the blue hardware you have for it.

Thank you. I'm starting to wonder If I should put windows on both side to see the internals. I would be cool to be able to see my "air duct blower things", the paintjob, and the clean cable management. I didn't want to put windows in it originally, too cliche. But now I'm thinking twice about it...

sarbz said:
That stock looking thing is the stock HSF :D Glad to hear the sound card works great. It has some good reviews on newegg. Is your athlon in an aria?

I know it was, I have one setting on my desk. LOL And the A64 3000+ with Zalman is in my Aria, yes... Only thing I have really done to the case was cut out the grill from the case since the PSU has a grill already.

Back