Post PICs of your old cards!

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
hey this would be a great thread for the great cards that got us where graphics are today...

be it a MX seires or your ISA card you found in a box on the street, post pics of it and its story! Every cards got a story! If you have specs or quake benchs that would be great!

i know this would be a thread ment for bashing but its not..its a thread to enjoy the great card of the history that is now!

please keep pics to a reasonable size

thank you!

i got a few cards to show myself that i have salvaged from our school...they have been donated and i found some jelws that looked like they were nice in "their day"

3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 1 2 , its broke in the corner of the card..missing compassitor..and coner of heatsink missing clip to stay on :rolleyes: . :D

Diamond Multimedia Fire GL 1 1 2

Diamond Multimedia Fire 1k Pro 1 2

all these cards are in ok condition...wouldnt put them in my system but there are great too look at and remember what these babys were going for when they were out

Man those are some bad A$$ old cards, :D GOOD FIND , what frames you get in CSS and what 3dmark05 scores

Warrior said:
i got a few cards to show myself that i have salvaged from our school...they have been donated and i found some jelws that looked like they were nice in "their day"

3dfx 1 2 im not sure what this is..but, its broke. any know what this is..get a gold star :D

Diamond Multimedia Fire GL 1 1 2

Diamond Multimedia Fire 1k Pro 1 2

all these cards are in ok condition...wouldnt put them in my system but there are great too look at and remember what these babys were going for when they were out

that 3dfx card is a voodoo3

x241.jpg

x242.jpg

Guess :D These are a pair of VooDooII's with the SLI connector.

Only old stuff I have out at the moment to snap a pic of.

egawonder.jpg

That's an old card I actually used back in 1989. :D

tasmania.jpg

And that was my first 3D card (2MB Western Digital Tasmania 3D). It used video pass-through like the Voodoo1/2. It supported B-Render and some other pre-DX APIs. Who needs a useful 3D API? I can play FX Fighter at 640x480x16! :p In the few games that supported those oddball APIs, the quality was a lot better than software rendering. It was only $20 on clearance at Fry's when I bought it, no big loss.

ubern00b15 said:
that 3dfx card is a voodoo3
thanks ..i was wondering...how do you know?...and how much do you think i could get for it :D

pxc said:
egawonder.jpg

That's an old card I actually used back in 1989. :D

tasmania.jpg

And that was my first 3D card (2MB Western Digital Tasmania 3D). It used video pass-through like the Voodoo1/2. It supported B-Render and some other pre-DX APIs. Who needs a useful 3D API? I can play FX Fighter at 640x480x16! :p In the few games that supported those oddball APIs, the quality was a lot better than software rendering. It was only $20 on clearance at Fry's when I bought it, no big loss.
he that sounds great..but im having problems seeing your pictures...

all v3's had the same heatsinks. ive had quite a few of them. you would get $15-$20 if you were lucky

Warrior said:
thanks ..i was wondering...how do you know?...and how much do you think i could get for it :D

Well the give away to me was the general layout and the heatsink.

Get for it. Not much unless it is an ES or something and then only a collector is going to care. Now a lot fo people collector or not will jump on a VooDoo 5 6000.....but a VooDoo 3 PCI...not many. Sorry. You kep them becasue you like them not because you think they will make you rich.

Edit:
Damn beat by ^^^^^^

ubern00b15 said:
all v3's had the same heatsinks. ive had quite a few of them. you would get $15-$20 if you were lucky

That isn't quite true. Some voodoo 3's had no heatsinks and the powercolor and supertek's had a fan...while some voodoo 3's had a heatsink with fins like some of the P4 notherbidges do now. There were many cooling solutions on the voodoo3's.

Spectre said:
Well the give away to me was the general layout and the heatsink.

Get for it. Not much unless it is an ES or something and then only a collector is going to care. Now a lot fo people collector or not will jump on a VooDoo 5 6000.....but a VooDoo 3 PCI...not many. Sorry. You kep them becasue you like them not because you think they will make you rich.

Edit:
Damn beat by ^^^^^^
its agp....

ubern00b15 said:
more then i would have thought to get fro it :p

Warrior said:
i'm not. :p I did forget to put "hardforums.com" (without the www) in .htaccess. If it still doesn't work, oh well. I see the paranoid users anonymous proxies/apps in the failure log sometimes but that's not my problem. ;) I had to turn off leeching since other sites have raped my bandwidth several times.

Rifleman70T said:
This is a Matrox m3d. It uses a PVR1 chip and 4MB of Sdram.

http://69.243.95.17/img/m3d.jpg :
QUOTE]I bought one of those from CompUSA but it was DOA. :(  Never got to play with it.

aZn_plyR said:
how do I post a pic in [H] without just giving a link?

Use image shack they auto generate the code for fourm thumbnails. Which is nicer to our 56k members out there anyway.

pxc said:
I bought one of those from CompUSA but it was DOA. :( Never got to play with it.

Lol - you didn't miss out on much. Running anything at more than 640x480 was like watching a slideshow.

I only really played one game on this card - FF7 for the PC. Those were good times...

yes they were..i played that game on PC and Playstation till the morning....great game!!...

Warrior said:
woohoo i can see your cards now..the pics look great and the storys is good too...

come on people..got a old grandma that has old computer boxes in her attic?..got a video card in thoes boxes?..snap a pic of it..and reminis about the time you used use them....i know there is a few cards out there...im not looking for any year rang really..hell if you got a geforce 1-2 card that is showing its age and has a great story..post it..and tell its wonderful tail!

I'd post a pic of my PCI TNT1, but I'm using it right now while I wait for a new video card.

No XP drivers for TNT1 - moving windows, scrolling, etc. are pretty painful.

SlooowJ said:
I'd post a pic of my PCI TNT1, but I'm using it right now while I wait for a new video card.

No XP drivers for TNT1 - moving windows, scrolling, etc. are pretty painful.
i wonder why you cant use it fro XP......

sorry about your performance

Warrior said:
i wonder why you cant use it fro XP......

sorry about your performance

Becasue the currnet nvidia whql drivers only support TNT2 and newer cards.

hmm I can't track down my Voodoo 3 :( But I have something even older!

nVidia Geforce256 - 32MB 64-Bit AGP! It's over 7 years old.

100_0811.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_0818.jpg

Spectre said:
Becasue the currnet nvidia whql drivers only support TNT2 and newer cards.
damn...thats shitty..why dont you go the newegg..and get a MX4000 for like $20 or somethin?

Leon2ky said:
hmm I can't track down my Voodoo 3 :( But I have something even older!

nVidia Geforce256 - 32MB 64-Bit AGP! It's over 7 years old.

[0img]http://leonswebdesigns.com/leon/vidcardboredom/100_0811.jpg[/img]
[0img]http://leonswebdesigns.com/leon/vidcardboredom/100_0812.jpg[/img]
[0img]http://leonswebdesigns.com/leon/vidcardboredom/100_0818.jpg[/img]
nice card man..i remember having one of thoes...it was made buy ELSA and it had DDR and it was smokin!

Warrior said:
nice card man..i remember having one of thoes...it was made buy ELSA and it had DDR and it was smokin!

Yeah it's my first video card I ever owned. The 2nd one I got was a Voodoo 3 AGP 64MB 64-Bit, I think I got it back in early 2000 or late 1999 but man it was the shit when I bought it :cool:

Leon2ky said:
Yeah it's my first video card I ever owned. The 2nd one I got was a Voodoo 3 AGP 64MB 64-Bit, I think I got it back in early 2000 or late 1999 but man it was the shit when I bought it :cool:
that is pretty amazing stats for that card...what where you playing with it?

Warrior said:
that is pretty amazing stats for that card...what where you playing with it?

At the time I was playing Half-Life Death Match and Opposing Force, I also played a little Flight Sim 2000 with it :D

Edit:

Lemme think of what I used to play it on:
350Mhz AMD K6
96MB PC100 SDRAM
4GB 4500RPM (or 54 not sure) HDD
32X CD-R (Later replaced with a 12X DVD-ROM)
24X CD-RW
Onboard Sound
56K Lucent Modem

That computer was decomissioned of all usage just last year. It was my main PC till mid 2001 when I bought an Athlon 1Ghz (6 months later I built what the majority of this rig is made out of).

Warrior said:
damn...thats shitty..why dont you go the newegg..and get a MX4000 for like $20 or somethin?

I'm just using the TNT1 until I get a PCI Express card. My 6600GT should arrive Friday.

|MaguS| said:
Some really HIGH res shots here,,,

yes thoes are definitly highress.a little blurry too...what kind of cards are these?

The first one is an S3 Virge and the crappy blurry shot is a Geforce 2. Don't know if the Geforce 2 works or not but the S3 Virge works flawlessly, I use it when I need a PCI Card. :)

I haven't posted these in years:

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/yesterday1.jpg

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/yesterday2.jpg

I used to always post these pics when people would ask to see either my rig or Kyle's. Check out the modem and the hard drive...YIKES!!! I still have this stuff too.

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/kyle_system1.jpg

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/kyle_system2.jpg

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/kyle_system3.jpg

http://www.****************************/articles/steve/kyle_system4.jpg

Back