Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Badge 4

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hito Bahadur

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2006
Okay guys/gals. This is phase 3 of the competition to chose the art for Hardfolding Case Badges. I have narrowed down the results of Phase 2 entries to 4 contenders. Please pick the art that you like the best. This portion of the contest will continue until 10:00 PM EST on Sunday the 13th of March.

Submissions comprise art from: p[H]ant0m, Schmave, Mayhem33 and Lperry. Please thank them when you get a chance.

Full resolution images of the badges can be looked at on the following page (appologies in advance for my rough html skills):
www.nefolding.org/phase3.html

A little note on how the phase 3 art was selected: Schmave had 2 entries that were ranked 2nd and 3rd. The only difference in the art was wording. Schmave asked that the art that ranked 3rd not be included in Phase 3. There has been some posted controversy on the wording of the badges. We will discuss wording at the end of the artwork contest so please don't let that be a factor in your decision.

There was a 3-way tie for 4th place. One was a repeat, with different wording, by Schmave and there was artwork by Mayhem33 and p[H]ant0m. I increased the number of entries in Phase 3 in order to accommodate the tie. All this was discussed with the entrants before making a decision.

P.S. Sorry about the delay on getting Phase III out. My move caught up to me.

schmave_3_s.jpg
Lperry_1_s.jpg

mayhem33_3_s.jpg
phantom_1_s.jpg

Edit: Here they are at the approximate final size (will be higher resolution when printed):

schmave_3_96.jpg
Lperry_1_96.jpg
mayhem33_3_96.jpg
phantom_1_96.jpg

I wish that the 1st one had the H centered in the brackets... I think it would look more like all the other [H]s around...

Good work guys!

Keep on Folding!!

OSUguy98 said:
I wish that the 1st one had the H centered in the brackets... I think it would look more like all the other [H]s around...
If you look at all the "Official" [H] Symbols you will see the "H" is never centered. That's the "real" way it looks in all graphics used by Kyle. ;)

It isn't a big deal I guess, but #4 is the only design that doesn't follow the original design... ;)
Maybe everyone likes it that way... it looks cool either way. :)

LPerry said:
If you look at all the "Official" [H] Symbols you will see the "H" is never centered. That's the "real" way it looks in all graphics used by Kyle. ;)

It isn't a big deal I guess, but #4 is the only design that doesn't follow the original design... ;)
Maybe everyone likes it that way... it looks cool either way. :)

Creative license is a good thing. :p Anyhow, the whuppin by Schmave has begun!

Hey Hito could you knock those pics down to actuall size for a view?
They usually look a little different when sized down! :)
Thanks!

Thanks xENo!!!

They are actual size on the website. Do you mean put them in the thread full throttle? I hate to make this a large bandwidth thread.

Hito Bahadur said:
They are actual size on the website. Do you mean put them in the thread full throttle? I hate to make this a large bandwidth thread.

Actually what I ment to say was...show them as a 1" X 1" picture.
That is what size the case badges will be....that is what I ment. ;)

Thanks xENo!!!

WIll do, although with the resolution of the screen it's still not perfect.

Since the computer I am using at the moment has a screen resolution of 96DPI I will post the four badge at 96x96px. Obviously, when the badges are made they will be higher resolution and therefore clearer (especially noticeable on diagonal or curved lines (so that that into account). Here you go:

schmave_3_96.jpg
Lperry_1_96.jpg
mayhem33_3_96.jpg
phantom_1_96.jpg

Alls I have to say is that all 4 are very good. I like them all, but thankfully, I like #1 the best. Woot! When do we buy these case badges? Cuz, I'll be first on board!!

apHytHiaTe said:
Alls I have to say is that all 4 are very good. I like them all, but thankfully, I like #1 the best. Woot! When do we buy these case badges? Cuz, I'll be first on board!!

Soon, Soon. More on that later.

tough choice...these all rock.

When are we gunna get more info on purchasing these things. I must say when it comes to this sorta thing, I enjoyed running a contest more than being a bystander :p

Viper87227 said:
tough choice...these all rock.

When are we gunna get more info on purchasing these things. I must say when it comes to this sorta thing, I enjoyed running a contest more than being a bystander :p

I have a couple questions in to Kyle that I am hoping to get a response on, but....

I'm going to be looking at taking pre-orders within the next week. I will mail them out to people. Current price is $3 per badge. I think the minimum points to qualify will be 5,000 points. Any profits, not anticipated, will go towards the next CPU contest.

Anyone have a problem with what I'm saying so far?

As far as payment, I'm thinking Paypal, Check or Money Order.

Hito Bahadur said:
I have a couple questions in to Kyle that I am hoping to get a response on, but....

I'm going to be looking at taking pre-orders within the next week. I will mail them out to people. Current price is $3 per badge. I think the minimum points to qualify will be 5,000 points. Any profits, not anticipated, will go towards the next CPU contest.

Anyone have a problem with what I'm saying so far?

As far as payment, I'm thinking Paypal, Check or Money Order.

Check your PMs... I have a few ideas to throw at you.

Guys,

Who would be willing to pay a $1 surcharge (i.e. $4 instead of $3) in order to help fund contests?

Also, might as well let me know who is interested in badges and quantity.

Hito Bahadur said:
Guys,

Who would be willing to pay a $1 surcharge (i.e. $4 instead of $3) in order to help fund contests?

that's not out of the question, i would think everyone would do that

Hito Bahadur said:
Guys,

I think the messly $1 extra will be cool with everyone here since its will help to fund another contest which is good for the team and the cause.

And im thinking 3 or 4 of them would be good for me. (have to check and see if the fiance would mind a [H]ardon on her box :D )

Buck

Great job on the organization. I would not mind putting the extra $1 for the badges. Probably get 2-3 myself.

w00t! Sign me up. I know a handful of folding boxen that are just begging to have something a little [H] on them! :D

Buckshot said:
I think the messly $1 extra will be cool with everyone here since its will help to fund another contest which is good for the team and the cause.

And im thinking 3 or 4 of them would be good for me. (have to check and see if the fiance would mind a [H]ardon on her box :D )

Buck

She hasn't had one there before? ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Pending comments back from Kyle, I will start organizing myself, with the though of $4 per badge.

Viper87227 said:
I would get atleast 1 for sure, proably 3-4 to decorate my room xÞ
Can anyone say [H]ardWallpaper?

Not me... I'll take three.

unhappy_mage said:
Can anyone say [H]ardWallpaper?

Not me... I'll take three.

haha...if only I had a couple hundred dollars to blow....it have the [H]ardest wall you've ever seen :p

I'd be more than willing to pay the extra $1 or whatever to have it go towards the/any future folding contests... I've got 3 PCs at home that are just screaming for a case badge... of course, I hadn't planned on buying cases for the next boxen... but.... I might have to!

Keep on Folding!!

I am glad Hito took charge, with all my drama the past month. it would not have gotten this far. Bump!

when you get all the badges in, you have to make them into a huge [H] and take a picture to put up on the front page. but yeah, me and u_m have a couple of computers that need to be made [H]arder... and we should get some for the future machines... and... we'll be buying a couple.
nothing to see here, folks...

You guys are going to make me have to bust out an alternate style sheet just so I can read the convo's aren't ya? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back