Epox 8KMM3I Questions

mr_ouija

Limp Gawd
I currently have one of these motherboards in a HTPC system w/ an xp1700+. Since I upgraded to the a64 3500 for my main system, I had a spare XP-M 2500+. I figured I would swap in the XP-M into the 8KMM3I and give the little monster a boost, when I discovered that the 8kmm3i doesn't support XP-M processors, as it boots at ~800Mhz (133x6) I tried clearing the CMOS and also setting it to 166Mhz FSB, but still it only boots at ~1Ghz (166x6). I tried flashing the BIOS to a newer version (which I just found an even newer version that is about to get flashed to it) and still no-go.

Basically, what my question is is there a hacked bios perhaps that does support the XP-M? Or at least one that allows multiplier changing in the bios? Or am I doomed to putting the XP-M in another system with the old 8RDA3+ motherboard it came off of (which also didn't support XP-M, but I could set multiplier, so it didn't matter)?

Jeez, a few quick searches for "Hacked Bios" and magically I find Overclocked Inside who has a pin-mod guide for setting your Multiplier by wrapping wires around pins, soldering bottom of motherboard pcb, inserting wires in socket pins, and using conductive paint to short pins together. So, I now have some wires in the socket to connect pins (took a pic while doing so) While there, I found out some more about my 3500+. Anyways, moment of truth, going to switch over to that comp. to see if she's booting at ~1.83Ghz (11x166) now, then from there going to OC using FSB til she can't take anymore. Wish me luck! :)

Well, it boots @ 1.83Ghz now, but the Vcore is @ 1.6v! Unfortunately on that page there's no way to go under 1.475 and that involves cutting on my proc. =/

Here are the pics...

Wiremod up close:
wiremod.gif

It's working!!!
working.gif

Back