check out the stacker 2

Wow! That's a sexy case...kinda glad I held out on getting a stacker now!

That is tight, so when do you guys think thermaltake is going to knock this case off and make a messed up version of it?... :D

830.gif
NEED MORE PICS>>>PLEASE

nice case
the front looks retarded.
if they got rid of that front door..maybe

it still aint got shit on the armor case though

honkee said:
nice case

From what the page says, the doors will be interchangable, so maybe youll have a few different option. I think this will be my next case at any matter :)

honkee said:
nice case

The "armor case" is a knock off of the stcker case that Coolermaster built first and had the best idea and Thermaltake just takes it and makes it look like s4!7....I would like to see more pics of this Stacker2

Ive been looking on google, and cant find any more info regarding the "stacker 2." Looks like this info was JUST posted on cm's site.

reminds me of the dell xps case....imagine a black anodized version of it

the armor case looks sweet, who cares if it is a knock off? better for the consumer with a lil more choices...that's business, you see it happen with fashion/style/cars...i think the stacker is a lil more functional than the armor but the armor has better airflow.....besides it just makes coolermaster look better by bein the trend setter

bench261 said:
reminds me of the dell xps case....imagine a black anodized version of it
:eek: That would look SOOOOOO great!

Lol I too cannot wait to see what ThermalTakes version looks like! Predictions? :p

DaRkF0g said:

Lol I too cannot wait to see what ThermalTakes version looks like! Predictions? :p

probably very similar..the only thing they can do is improve it which is not a bad thing...it be nice if tt can make mobo tray removable though

Apallohadas said:
The Armor Case looks like Optimus Prime took a dump in a ThermalTake design room.

then i guess it would look better than the stacker or should i say the crapper...the stacker 2 though is a big improve ment on both funtionality and style....wait till u guys see the wavemaster 2

solofly said:
I agree. The first Stacker looks much better than this.

I can't stand doors on the front of my PC. I had an Antec SX1080 and I couldn't stand the door.

DaRkF0g said:

Knowing thermaltake...it will have....

*Lame checkered flag pattern
*Random LED's
*T H E R M A L T A K E written all over it
*(50x) 80mm fans

Since the door is removable, it looks like it could make everyone happy...eccept those that just don't like things 'cause they're new! :p :D
I'd probably take the door off too...it seems like mine just gets in the way most of the time.

I second the opinion that this looks much worse than the original stacker. Doors on cases are such a hassle, and so pointless unless you actually have a need to lock the drive bays for some reason. All they do is get in the way imo.

I think the new Stacker looks OK, but I like the old one better.

I agree about the door. I had the Antex SX1040 for years, and I was so fed up with the door, I almost ripped it off several times. I think a lot of designers see a door as an easy way out to make case fronts look good. I prefer the praetorian approach, where the nice, simple, industrial look is only complemented by the drive bezels.

....and thermaltake makes crappy cases. Not just ugly, not just cheap rip-offs, but dubious quality too. What a winning combination.

I dont mind doors, well unless they are like the thermaltake doors that wont stay open when you are looking for a cd and the drive is open. I mean the cd tray catches on the door and wont close. Other than that, I think it helps keep dust out and i dont like to see the front of the drives, I am all for a *well designed* door :)

Well see how many different variations of the front door CM makes I guess.

Oh and btw this is in germany does that mean these cases will take a while to get to the US? I see nothing on CM's main site mentioning the new stacker :confused:

god I hate doors. On the outside, some look ok, but when you open the door, it looks like a retard with a crayon took over the design team.

Not to mention they always get in the way. (what a surprise, a door getting in the way!)

Coolermaster ran for the toilet on this one.

R!P13y said:
That is tight, so when do you guys think thermaltake is going to knock this case off and make a messed up version of it?... :D

830.gif
NEED MORE PICS>>>PLEASE

lol....I don't like this one. Personally I find it looks like [i[thermaltake ripoff[/i]

I just found my new case. I love the modular drive bays, all the different fans compatibilities and the ATX/BTX design. Wonder what the price tag is going to be on this baby.

Stacker 2?? I thought that was a weight loss dietary supplement, with commercials that had some big fat dude and a hot chick in daisy dukes??? ;)

bountyhunter said:
lol....I don't like this one. Personally I find it looks like [i[thermaltake ripoff[/i]

NOPE that thermaltake ripped them off, not CM

Crap, I was looking at the P180, and now this comes out :mad: :confused: :D :rolleyes:
I just hope they get this out & reviewed so I can decide once I get some more $$$$

Back on topic, damn! 2mm alualloy, that things gonna be built like a tank, and probably wont be extremely heavy either (def. not LL light though).

R!P13y said:

830.gif
NEED MORE PICS>>>PLEASE
you mean this isn't the Tt knock-off?
Why, oh why is CM going to hell with their case designs? BRING BACK THE ATC-110, DAMMIT!

TR0GD0RtheBURNiNAT0R said:
Why, oh why is CM going to hell with their case designs? BRING BACK THE ATC-110, DAMMIT!
Those guys when and formed Silverstone and I'm guess CM is now playing to the kids who wet themselves over TT cases. :rolleyes:

you can probably remove that door altogether, so no big deal.

that is my next case. unless the stacker gets bumped down to $100.

Another crap case because of the door. I think most designers have their heads up their asses when they add doors to cases. Think about it. Isnt the door usually hinged on the left of the case? Dont most people keep their case on the right side of the desk? That damn door is always in the way. Atleast Antec used some brains with the new P180 and has a door that folds out of the way.

It also says it only has 9 drive bays. What happened to the other 3 from the old stacker? I am actually using most of mine. Also doors do suck. I also dumped my Antec 1080AMG because of it.

*Whew*

My CMStacker just arrived yesterday, and the first thing I see when I log in to [H] is a thread about Stacker 2... :eek:

Took one look at the pic and stats, and am very glad I bought the original. I'm sick and tired of doors, the one on this XaserIII looks nice, but I cant put any kind of protruding controllers (rheobus, Audigy2 bay) behind it and still have it function.

The upgradable side fan bracket is just about the only thing good in the stacker 2 compared to the original, and from the looks of this side panel, modding it to fit a 140mm fan wouldnt be tough at all.

TR0GD0RtheBURNiNAT0R said:

What i mean by all this is..... Coolermaster started the Stacker case...RIGHT or am i wrong, no i am right, and now thermaltake is coming in and knocking them off with that ugly ass ARMOR case :p ... and what I am saying is that thermaltake has knocked off the Stacker case design and Coolermaster is fighting back with this new stacker (that I feel looks bad A$$, but most likly not worth the money) .... I just happen to like CM and I have a thing against Thermaltake.

Hofy said:
Another crap case because of the door. I think most designers have their heads up their asses when they add doors to cases. Think about it. Isnt the door usually hinged on the left of the case? Dont most people keep their case on the right side of the desk? That damn door is always in the way. Atleast Antec used some brains with the new P180 and has a door that folds out of the way.
Read closely, it can be opened from the right, the left, or be removed alltogether.

Back