new bfg motherboard? enhance nvidia audio?

It's nothing more than ALC850 AC97. Nvida doesn't have any "enhanced' audio. Just a marketing gimmick that some board manufacturers like to throw around for renaming AC97 to something that sounds cool.. On a Chaintech board @ newegg it say's "nVIDA 7.1 sound" .. and it too is nothing more than AC97. As far as the board itself (BFG) i don't know anyone that has it, but i'm sure sooner or later someone in some forum.. or sites like this will review the BFG board, but i wouldn't really expect it to be any better than MSI or Asus Nf4 boards. There is one MSI NF4 SLI board that has onboard Creative 7.1 24/96 chip onboard. But to be honest as far as onboard sound or PCI add-in cards go there hasn't been a damn thing worth mentioning past sound quality wich both the Revo and Audigy 2 have. One is good with games, the other with music but with a crippling CPU hit. DFI is actually the only manufacturer from what i have seen that has done well with sound lately - even thier AC97 implementations are very efficient CPU usage wise.

The Creative chip on the MSI SLI board actually uses less CPU cycles than the DFI ALC850 Karajan module solution.

kirbyrj said:
The Creative chip on the MSI SLI board actually uses less CPU cycles than the DFI ALC850 Karajan module solution.

That's good. The DFI board looks good. BTW guys the BFG board looks identical to the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra NF4 minus active cooling on the Chaintech NB - but i hear new ones (chaintech) are shipping with active cooling . Look n' see.

NForce4Ultra_motherboard.jpg

13-152-049-02.JPG

Back