Can't OC my 6800U's in SLI MODE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone else have this problem? I cant seem to OC my 6800U's since im using SLI. Weird....

AuDioFreaK39 said:
why would you need to? its just gonna waste the lifespan of a perfectly good video setup

Way to answer his question. :rolleyes:

Try overclocking each card individually. One card might be lacking, thus no overclock. If they both overclock you could be having a power problem. 6800U's are power hungry. If that's not a problem, the top one might be overheating because they are soo close being 2 slot coolers.

Jellox said:
Way to answer his question. :rolleyes:

Try overclocking each card individually. One card might be lacking, thus no overclock. If they both overclock you could be having a power problem. 6800U's are power hungry. If that's not a problem, the top one might be overheating because they are soo close being 2 slot coolers.

His answer was the BEST answer to the OPs question. There are no tangible benefits to be had OCing 6800U SLI. The risks to hardware and potential cost far outweigh any framerate benefit. Beyond that, they're warm enough.

Rollo said:
His answer was the BEST answer to the OPs question. There are no tangible benefits to be had OCing 6800U SLI. The risks to hardware and potential cost far outweigh any framerate benefit. Beyond that, they're warm enough.

His question was that he can't overclock his cards. He didn't ask about the lifespan, nor did he say that he is going to keep them overclocked. Maybe he is just curious about why it's not overclocking?

I think it's a driver issue. I can only OC my cards with certain drivers. For me the overclockable drivers were the 71.81 and the 75.90a. Non-OC drivers were the 71.84 and 71.90.

kirbyrj said:
I think it's a driver issue. I can only OC my cards with certain drivers. For me the overclockable drivers were the 71.81 and the 75.90a. Non-OC drivers were the 71.84 and 71.90.

YOu are right, I installed the 76.10 driver, and now I can OC again.

I couldn't with the 71.84 drivers but I could with the 71.84 WHQL's. I guess they changed something a little.

starfury6 said:
I couldn't with the 71.84 drivers but I could with the 71.84 WHQL's. I guess they changed something a little.

I couldn't OC with either the 71.84 beta or WHQL. Oh well.

Frankly if you spent so much money on an Ultra SLI setup. Why would you even OC? That's like $1000 down the drain, that could have been spent more smartly

Hate_Bot said:
Frankly if you spent so much money on an Ultra SLI setup. Why would you even OC? That's like $1000 down the drain, that could have been spent more smartly

yeah on hookers and blow

OT: I'm so fucking sick of people being judgemental about how other people choose to spend their hardware $$$'s. Get a fucking clue! It's a personal choice.

newls1 said:
YOu are right, I installed the 76.10 driver, and now I can OC again.

Glad you got it working.

The rest of you making insulting comments towards this poster because he wants to overclock please stop. We will not tolerate this kind of behavior here.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back