X-Box 360?

MartinX

One Hour Martinizing While You Wait
That name's been floating around for a while, and it seems increasingly likely that that's the final one.

It's really stupid though.

I mean, I get why they don't want to call it "X-Box 2", because that's obviously one behind (ps)3.

I thought "X-Box Next" has a certain catchiness to it, but again I can see problems, it's sort of a vague insult to the "X-Box: Last" owners and MS is going to want to steer clear of that whole backward compatability mine-field.

But "X-Box 360", Yeah, I get the "Revolution" implication, a word they obviously can't use, but the 360 thing is too clumsy, and it makes me think of snowboarding games for some reason.
If they're going to do stupid names, they should at least use words.

xbox 360 is a stupid name in my opinion. If they are going to call it xbox 360 why not just name it Xbox 3 and then they are even with sony. I think Nintendo has the best name out of all the next gen consoles. Nintendo Revolution. No one said you had to name your xboxs incrementally. Sony could name their next playstation, playstation 5 for all I care.

I thought they were going to call it the neXt Box.

They should stop half assing and just call it the SeX-BoXXX. It will fly off the shelves.

They can call the next xbox poop-scoop McGee for all I care. As long as the games are good, I'll buy it.

I still say Xenon is the best name (also the one OXM goes with). I wouldn't be surprised if intel ran at them for copywright infringement with the name Xeon.

Michael.R said:
xbox 360 is a stupid name in my opinion....

Hell, I thought X Box was a stupid name... :D

<-- Just ignore the grumpy old fart who thinks that the Atari 2600 is better

yBox sounds much more appealing and arousing to me. :p

I'll be back in 2. ;)

I agree it is a dumb name. Can't wait to see what it is actually going to be called.

Why not call it the SeXboX?

Everyone at Microsoft is made into the Marketing Department's Beyotch.

shadowbreaker513 said:
I still say Xenon is the best name (also the one OXM goes with). I wouldn't be surprised if intel ran at them for copywright infringement with the name Xeon.

Xeon sound like a fucking name of my locas gas station no really I'm not kidding thats what its called lol.

XBXNN667X would be a better name

Why cant it be the Xbox 2? what the hell is wrong with that?

For best originality, I give the award to Nintendo, I mean, fucking GAMECUBE, it's like... tiny, and shaped like a cube...

Hate_Bot said:
Why cant it be the Xbox 2? what the hell is wrong with that?

It is so they don't loose sells to the PS3 because of the Know-Nothings like Ma and Pa Gamer. They will see a 3 on the PS3 and a 2 on the Xbox2 and go with the PS3 because it is a 3 and that is higher than a 2. Sad, but true.

PRIME1 said:
Why not call it the SeXboX?

Everyone at Microsoft is made into the Marketing Department's Beyotch.

If they did. you know some idiot is going to buy it, take a "joystick", and get it stuck somewhere where its not supposed to go, then sue microsoft.

Back