ATI x800 XL for $269

This might have been out on other deal sites...but I searched and didn't see it here. Hard OCP just linked that Tech Report article on the 16th about how all the x800 XLs were selling for $350...which doesn't make them much of a deal over some of the competing cards. But I just bought one for $269 directly from ATI...and it shipped to my house in 3 business days from the time of order. Total cost with shipping...didn't have to pay taxes...was $283. I know compusa is carrying them for $299 plus tax...but that still makes these from ATI $30-$50 cheaper (depending on your sales tax). And they're ATI branded...so straight from the source.

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2599078

$299 + coupon code 4242 or 1010 (-10%) = $269
Maybe not a killer savings...but a good deal on a good card...and in stock.

Delta_Farce said:
$299 + coupon code 4242 or 1010 (-10%) = $269
Maybe not a killer savings...but a good deal on a good card...and in stock.
...plus $12-$25 shipping, and ATI seems to have caught on to the tax mistake in some states. :mad: I got mine from ATI a few weeks ago for $285 shipped. I would be charged tax now, but wasn't before.

I saw a single X800XL PCI-e OEM box for $300 @ Fry's Electronics Burbank, Ca yesterday. I don't know how hard these things are to find, but I was surprised to see it. :D

I got in on this deal a few weeks ago. (but I've since then sold the card for an X800 XT PE.)

my X800 XL order came to something like $283 after shipping which is still a pretty good deal considering places like CompUSA is getting like $299 plus sales tax which in FL alone would come to $21.

Not dead. Note that FireFox doesn't work with ATI's online shopping setup though. You have to use IE. :mad:

Shakes fist at ATi... Get with the firefox program people, eh? :)

I wish it was AGP too :(

I was going to look it up before posting, but I thought there was something like a $50 premium for the AGP ver (Which I don't understand.)

I think that Minomine was right. I'm using IE and I get a "Unable To Locate Technical Information For This Product" message. If anyone is able to find it again, please post here.

Thanks.

mutazx said:
I was going to look it up before posting, but I thought there was something like a $50 premium for the AGP ver (Which I don't understand.)

Supply and demand. :D Lots of people have AGP systems that they would like to upgrade with a cheap 16 pipeline card.

That's such crap. I never thought that I would have to spend MORE on OLDER technology.

Note: ATI called me to confirm my shipping address since it was different than my billing one (I get some items shipped to work to avoid home dropoff issues). I called them back since I hadn't been home and confirmed my address, and the guy confirmed with me that they had cards in stock and would be shipping out of Carol Stream, IL (note: This is the location of one of Ingram Micro's big warehouses and I don't think that's a coincidence) and that mine would ship out the next day, which means mine should have shipped yesterday. I should be able to track it on ATI's website by the end of today. This deal should still be good (I used coupon 4242 but 1010 will still work too as I got it in a reply e-mail when ordering the card, to refer my friends with) so if you want one, I'd get on the bandwagon.

My Neo 4 Platinum board is on the FedEx truck for delivery today, and the ATI card should hopefully get to work Monday. :)

Ordered mine on Tuesday night, and it's coming from Corrollton, TX. I get mine on Monday as well :) I have a DFI n4 Ultra-D coming as well.

SRT-4 said:
Ordered mine on Tuesday night, and it's coming from Corrollton, TX. I get mine on Monday as well :) I have a DFI n4 Ultra-D coming as well.

Hey SRT-4...has a tracking number shown up on ATI's website for yours yet? I'm just curious.

Somewhat OT, but those that didn't get on this - NewEgg has a Rosewill branded X800XL on sale for $279/free shipping til the 28th. Not the best price, but it is a RETAIL unit, as opposed to the others (in the general price range) being OEMs. Not that it matters much - no software, other than the driver disc, anda cable or two...

Link

I'm not a big fan of Rosewill. So many things are branded with the Rosewill name, and it's hard to tell who made them. RAM, PSU's, graphics cards, etc. I think of them kind of like companies like Reveal (dead and gone for some time now) or Hi-Val...you don't know how long they'll last, or whose stuff they rebrand. I'd rather pay $10 more and wait slightly longer for the Built By ATI version. Plus, the BBA label will make for a little better resale value later.

I was just gearing up to order and added it to my cart successfully, then proceded to checkout, and after hitting next once, i was told my shopping cart was empty. I tried to go back and add the product again, but it was taken off. That was irritating, especially since it was right as I was ordering.

Myrandex said:
I was just gearing up to order and added it to my cart successfully, then proceded to checkout, and after hitting next once, i was told my shopping cart was empty. I tried to go back and add the product again, but it was taken off. That was irritating, especially since it was right as I was ordering.

As I've said a ton of times in this thread, YOU MUST USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO ORDER.

ATI's shopping cart is not compatible with other browsers, and causes this. Or, if IE is set to reject cookies, this could happen too. If you use IE, your order will work. I found this out using FireFox, I got the same problem until I used IE to order.

As for my card, it was supposed to arrive today at work. Unfortunately, ATI sent it FedEx Ground (Home), even though I specified to a business. Residential delivery can happen any time before 8pm; of course we close at 4pm. I had to call FedEx and straighten out the mess and I won't get my card until tomorrow. Grrrr....I hate waiting.

LoneWolf said:
As I've said a ton of times in this thread, YOU MUST USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO ORDER.

ATI's shopping cart is not compatible with other browsers, and causes this. Or, if IE is set to reject cookies, this could happen too. If you use IE, your order will work. I found this out using FireFox, I got the same problem until I used IE to order.

As for my card, it was supposed to arrive today at work. Unfortunately, ATI sent it FedEx Ground (Home), even though I specified to a business. Residential delivery can happen any time before 8pm; of course we close at 4pm. I had to call FedEx and straighten out the mess and I won't get my card until tomorrow. Grrrr....I hate waiting.

I definitely was using Internet Explorer, as that is all I use. I have firefox installed on here, but it isn't good enough for me yet.
Jason

Hmm, that's really odd then...have you considered temporarily adding the ATI site to your Trusted Sites list until the order goes through? It sounds like a cookie issue.

OT, but as for Firefox, 1.0.2 was just released last weekend. I've been really happy with it. I blame ATI for the site problems, not Firefox.

My card actually got delivered tonight, roughly 20 minutes after I left. I drove all the way back to get it (I live a fair distance away), and I'm glad I did. It works great. :)

Myrandex said:

This happened to me when I ordered this card on saturday with IE. The first time I opened the page everything looked fine and it was added to my cart normally. When I tried to checkout nothing happened and after reloading the page my cart was empty. The pci-e card was missing from the product selection combo box and going directly to the page that it should have been at didn't work either. A few page reloads later, the card was back online and I was able to purchase it with no other problems. So keep trying if you are still having problems and it should work eventually.

I think I'm gonna pass and get the GeForce 6800 256MB PciE for $230 from newegg Refurbs and try to unlock all 16 pipes, as then I will pay $231 total instead of like $285.

Myrandex said:
I think I'm gonna pass and get the GeForce 6800 256MB PciE for $230 from newegg Refurbs and try to unlock all 16 pipes, as then I will pay $231 total instead of like $285.

From someone who owned the AGP 6800 and now has the X800XL, I'd say that's a bad move.

If it's a refurb, someone probably returned it (minus some parts) because it wouldn't unlock in the first place. Most NewEgg refurbs aren't refurbished, per se; they're returns that worked fine but couldn't be resold as new or returned to manufacturer. You're unlikely to get a 16-pipe bargain from a refurbished card.

Secondly, now that I have the X800XL, I have to say it blows the 6800 away. Better video playback, better gaming, better color quality. All 16 pipes open without having to try to do an unlock. Plus, a three year warranty, for which I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for, and all the cables and DVI adapter, which do not come with NewEgg refurbs (which are bare card only). If you want to save money, consider a PCIe 6600GT perhaps, but if you want performance, the X800XL is worth the extra green.

It is my understanding that the PCI-e 6800 gpu is NV41 (not NV40 like the AGP version) and only has 12 physical pipelines and nothing to unlock - something you might consider investigating.

One thing to keep in mind - the lower priced X800XLs (like this one) are all VGA/DVI outputs - $40-50 more and its 2 DVIs. Not that its a big deal for most people but given how cheap 20" LCDs are getting I'm planning on doing a 2 monitor setup sometime soon. :)

If I could have gotten an X800XL for closer to $250 I woulda paid the difference. But do you guys think the difference between the $231 (256MB GeForce 6800) and $280 (256MB X800XL) is worth it?
Jason

Yes, but the 6800 offers very good performance and if it suits your budget better you should be happy with it. Just don't expect to unlock any pipelines on the PCI-e 6800 (see my post above).

Yep I saw it unfortuneately. At least it seems that many people have been able to overclock the 6800 PciE cards.

Back