[Help] P5AD2 Premium, 3.4 EE, DEAD!

zappo_ee

n00b
Hi All,

Having a real nightmare of a time at the moment with my system...

I noticed an article on the [H] frontpage linking here:

http://www.onlynewz.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=395

where Onlynewz have listed 21 new bios updates, one of which included my P5AD2 Premium...

It's Saturday evening, and with equal doses of stupidity to bravery I decide to flash my BIOS...

Since getting the new ROM on there, the machine is dead... totally. It powers on but stays there with the fans running, my PEG X800XT-PE connected to my TFT via DVI shows no signal, nothing, nada, and the "acclaimed" ASUS "CrashFree BIOS 2" doesn't give two hoots :(

I've tried clearing CMOS, I left it disconnected for an hour with the cmos battery removed too, no joy... Has anyone got any ideas? or am I going to be waiting for payday on the 30th and buying myself a new mobo? I really hope I can get it up and running again, if nothing else so that I can get some game time in this holiday weekend.

Thanks in advance for any relevant replies :)

Just a little more detail on the note of the CrashFree 2 "feature" - the machine doesn't even POST, let alone read the floppy. I tried leaving a disk in the drive with an appropriately named ROM "P5AD2.ROM" in its root, but it's not even getting that far by the looks.

I remember the Intel 925x board I had originally had two separate BIOSes, one of which was a failover and could be reached with a jumper swap, does anyone know of anything like this on the ASUS?

i got the same board and the exatsame problem cept i never touched my bios lol and never overclocked, one day it just froze and wasent able to get it going for longer than 5 mins then it just had the fans running no beeping or anything it never posted i mailed it to asus to get it fixed :/

they havent mailed it yet :/

Well now I know to stay away from bios upgrades for the board. I have been running the P5AD2 for a couple months now and have been happy with it. Is this a problem that is specific to this bios version or anytime you try to flash the board. This is a tad concerning.

I have upgraded to the lastest bios and have no problems like that. The only thing i noticed is that it hangs when detecting my IDE devices.. but this was after I installed an new NEC DVD burner. I have each IDE device on its own ribbon, so I dont know what the problem is. My Seagate drive is IDE, not SATA - I bought the drive to get the system to boot as I had trouble with SATA RAID.. now its used for extra storage.

Have you changed any of your drives/devices?

Back