$0.99 Shipping on everything at Newegg

italstal81

n00b
WOW... Newegg.com currently has $0.99 shipping on EVERYTHING in their store.

TIme to crack open the wallet at last. *evil laugh*

sweet thats a hot deal even though most of there things are free or under 5$ already

this is a very good deal for cases and monitors which usually run $15-30

heh, I just ordered a new keyboard (logitech elite, replacing my old one I smashed up into little pieces. you know? those keyboard can take a lot of shit before breaking) and 16 of those 80mm fans at the volume discount, all with free shipping.

Fuck...why couldn't they have done this last week. :eek:

edit: guess it doesn't matter, the case i ended up buying at ebuyer ended up cheaper than any newegg has even with shipping

at 11:30 PM last night I ordered my power supply and video card which totaled $11.98 shipping.

Damnit.

Roguer said:
at 11:30 PM last night I ordered my power supply and video card which totaled $11.98 shipping.

Damnit.
Cancel the order and then reorder today? I did that with a dvdrw once, when I forgot to order my free dvd's with it.

many of the items are now more expensive though.

the case I was looking at was 45 bucks, now it's 60.

NecessaryEvil said:
many of the items are now more expensive though.

the case I was looking at was 45 bucks, now it's 60.

Yup. Coolermaster Praetorian $108 + $15.99 shipping now equals $122 + $.99 shipping. Basically the same.

Heh, you're right! WinXP Home is normally 82.99 now it's 86.99. But the shipping is (and was before I think) free.

hope they have this when the antec p180 comes out... and i hope they wont jack up the sticker price on their items like they are doing now just to compensate for lower cost shipping.

Call up Newegg. They just refunded the difference on an HSF I ordered last night.

yep yep, just checked on a bunch of items i recently purchased and they already have the normal shipping added on to them. :|

On the good side, if you have a bunch of small items, this is the discount for you, as they're too inexpensive to price bump.

Example, I just ordered some thumb screws, a fan + adapter, and some ram spreaders, and my total shipped was 26 and change.

The $.99 and free shipping sure do seem attractive...until you realize they've jacked up the prices enough to make me scoff and look elsewhere.
The increased prices reflect MORE than the previous shipping cost added to the old prices.
Nice try NewEgg...cover up the jacked up prices with 99 cent shipping.
That sucks!

I suggest we all take our business elsewhere for a week or two.
If they are going to disrespect us by playing that kind of BS...give your money to ZZF, or some other supplier.
They've officially gotten too big for their britches.

I'm the guy who used to help them troubleshoot problems on various forums and started the NewEgg Freebies/Rewards thread here and at AT.
They've lost the magic!

Their refurb prices are not jacked up too much, free/0.99 shipping on what I saw.

This rocks, the HSF I wanted had $5 shipping, the price went up $1 but the shipping is only 99 cents so I'm happy, but they jacked the prices on the copper shims!!!!!! grrr

workingnonstop said:
Cancel the order and then reorder today? I did that with a dvdrw once, when I forgot to order my free dvd's with it.
i did that exact thing :p

looks like its time for me to get that MX310 i was wanting.. as well as maybe a cheap case

edit: unless they jacked up the price, damnit...

Sounds great until you consider that just a couple of years ago virtually everything was free shipping there....and their prices were almost certain to be the lowest of the top tier e-tailers...

joemama said:
Sounds great until you consider that just a couple of years ago virtually everything was free shipping there....and their prices were almost certain to be the lowest of the top tier e-tailers...
i miss newegg:(

i really do... i ordered a HDD from gameVE the other day for 145 bucks, 3 dollar shipping. at hte egg, it was 220 with 5 dollar shipping.

Damn.

Ordered a new switch this morning! And no less than an hour later I could have saved on shipping! :(

This is a retarded sale. All they did was lower the shipping cost to $.99 and jack up the original price to compensate.

This isn't a sale, this is just a way to trick nOObs into thinking their getting a deal on something.

I agree about Newegg. I have been using them for as long as they have been around (4-5 years) and man have I seen their prices go to crap. I now actually look other places before purchasing from Newegg, because half the time I can get better pricing from else-where. Before hand I knew I was always getting the best price available. :)

Still hard to beat their same day out shipping (atleast for me it has gone out same day 90% of the time)

joemama said:

I think ChiefValue is becoming what Newegg used to be.

StarWolf said:
so that place is good? i was considering picking up an MX510 and logi Elite keyboard for 53 shipped or something i think

its 62 at ZZF, and like 69 at the Egg..

StarWolf said:

last time I checked, chiefvalue is a sub-company of newegg. Well, it seems. (they both have warehouses in the same cities, have extremely similar pricing, use the same air/peanuts in their new fedex boxes, same invoice printouts/packing list setup, and carry the exact same products :) )

lithium726 said:
so that place is good?

I've had no problem with them and their reseller rating is 8.88. I saw a thread here not long ago about them being owned by the same people as the egg (or something to that effect). It's where I first heard about them. Some things are more expensive, some things less. The only places I shop are Newegg, ChiefValue and ZZF.

KuJaX said:
last time I checked, chiefvalue is a sub-company of newegg. Well, it seems. (they both have warehouses in the same cities, have extremely similar pricing, use the same air/peanuts in their new fedex boxes, same invoice printouts/packing list setup, and carry the exact same products :) )

ChiefValue and Newegg are owned by the same company.

burningrave101 said:
ChiefValue and Newegg are owned by the same company.
i dont understand why they couldnt have just left newegg the way it was and not have two seperate stores.

sweet deal, right in time since i needed to order a case, this sure opens my options up

it may be a trick but Im gonna fall for it anyway, there's some stuff I've been needing

The price on their CoolerMaster Stacker hasn't really changed.
It was about $163 before the sale and now it's $165. Shipping was ~$20 if I remember right, so I think it's pretty cool.

too bad for us cali guys who get jacked on tax anyhow. ...tax usually kills the hot deals.

fore1337 said:
The price on their CoolerMaster Stacker hasn't really changed.
It was about $163 before the sale and now it's $165. Shipping was ~$20 if I remember right, so I think it's pretty cool.

too bad for us cali guys who get jacked on tax anyhow. ...tax usually kills the hot deals.

Sales tax made me not order many things. Thanks for trying to damage commerce, government! :rolleyes:

Monarch Computers is the way to go to dodge sales tax, though.

Back