[DIS] ATI Tray Tool and ATI Tool

publik_en3my

Weaksauce
Did you guy ever try ATI Tray Tool? I feel this tool is better than the ATI Tool. I dun know why my ATI Tool 0.0.23 is really unstable even when I just run it. It often crashes while I scanning for artifact (even @ stock speed), overclocking a lil' bit, etc. This makes me to restart my machine. I found no problem when using ATI Tray Tool.

Just give me opinion on this

It's really nice man. It has lots of cool stuff that ATI tool doesnt have, ie, CCC options like openGL optimizations etc. Im a fan of ATI Tray Tools, it gets an A in my book.

atitool crashes while scanning? crash in atitool or does the whole machine crash?

when searching for a maximum overclock it is rather normal that the system can crash ..
compare load temperatures atitool vs. ati tray tools during scanning and you know which produces most load

Yea the 2 programs are good, but ATI tray tool won my vote because it can detect my fan control, which ati tool still doesn't do with my card, asus x800xt-pe.

I like this one much better! So many options!
Thanks. And it posts both temps to desktop. :)

I had a problem with ati tray tool. It's a very very cool program but when opened it prevents me from opening programs like Paint, sound recorder, on-screen keyboard. Well programs from system32 you got it.
Very weird.

I had a number of problems with this app, I couldn't do properties on "My Network Places", random apps would not run while it was running, and I had some Internet access problems. I think it's either a badly coded app, or it's doing something underneath without my knowledge. I'd recommend uninstalling it.

No problems here whatsoever.. ANy game any prog all works..
Oc feature is easier to use and with this it makes no sense to have ccc.

Yea, I would really like to know what is making all those bugs though.

i used it after ati tools kept crashing and annoying me. great thing.. never got those probs that some are mentioning. im trying out rivatuner now.

LoneWolf said:
I had a number of problems with this app, I couldn't do properties on "My Network Places", random apps would not run while it was running, and I had some Internet access problems. I think it's either a badly coded app, or it's doing something underneath without my knowledge. I'd recommend uninstalling it.

there is a fix for that. Same thing happened to me the first time I loaded the ati tray tools. Basically you need to d/l the updated .dll for it. Something to do with "hookxxxx.dll" if I remember right. try google ATI Tray Tool fix and see what comes up.

Ahhh, I was having the 'properties' problem as well, but thought it was due to a CPU switch. I had to do a repair install of windows to fix it. Wish I would have read this thread...

And yes, now and then on a reboot I get the 'no connection' error for my broadband or slow app loading. I'll have to look into this fix.

If you have an X800XL, don't use this program.
ATI Tray Tools SAYS it overclocks it, but actually doesn't. I OC'd it with a 425/550 (as opposed to the 380/490 stock) and I kept getting 3DMark05 scores in the same area: 4700-4900.

I did the same OC with PowerStrip and I finally broke the 5000 barrier with 5072.

So in short: ATT doesn't seem to work well with X800XL's... or maybe it's just mine. lol

Not true at all...
Before ati tray tool oc.4768
After ati tray tool oc 5154
Dont know ur issue but I do know I didnt have any.
Are you loading/applying correctly.

I didn't have a problem with the ati tray tools either with overclocking my x800xl.

also, the file that needs to be updated to resolve the problems people are reporting is "raphook.dll". I had to grab it again last night but didn't think to post the link here for everyone. <sorry...if I get time I'll post a link if no one else does>

nst6563 said:
also, the file that needs to be updated to resolve the problems people are reporting is "raphook.dll". I had to grab it again last night but didn't think to post the link here for everyone. <sorry...if I get time I'll post a link if no one else does>

I've been looking for it for a lot time too, can ya post that link for us?

yup...found it. here is the link to the file that needs updating...
raphook.dll

just d/l it, unzip it, and copy the raphook.dll to the ati tray tools folder (overwriting the one that's there already).

:EDIT: link to the thread containing the fix in case anyone's curious.

BlueRacer said:
ppl w/ x800xl's using att, do you think its accurately reading the gpu temp?
Well ive opened both tray tools and atitool and left em open bla bla bla. Its the same... If they are both inaccuretely displaying then so be it. Cold out today and windows open 37c. Bout right once I game its up to 65<< both are displaying this also...

browndwarf79 said:
Well ive opened both tray tools and atitool and left em open bla bla bla. Its the same... If they are both inaccuretely displaying then so be it. Cold out today and windows open 37c. Bout right once I game its up to 65<< both are displaying this also...

I think that the temp was read wrongly origined from the sensors on board coz all software just retrieve the info on temp from the sensor on the vid board, didn't they?

publik_en3my said:
I think that the temp was read wrongly origined from the sensors on board coz all software just retrieve the info on temp from the sensor on the vid board, didn't they?

yup all software has to use the same sensor on the board

Back