Dell doesn't use any more a PVA Samsung panel in the 1905FP

Playmoobil

n00b
Yes, it's true. At least in France where many users from the following forum checked their 1905FP recently shipped and got this AUO panel in place of the famous Samsung panel. So, when AnandTech wrote that the Dell 1905FP is almost the same as the wonderful Samsung 193P it is not true.. at least until today :(

Want to know what panel your 1905FP uses?

1- Turn off your screen
2- Press simultaneously the 'Menu' and '+' button of the screen.
3- While holding the 2 buttons press now the 'Power' button.
4- Once the screen in ON, unpress the 3 buttons.
5- Go to OSD menu (by pressing 'Menu' button) then select the 'Reinit' option (red point at the bottom of menu).
6- Select 'Factory' option.
7- You can see now the panel manufacturer (as the pic posted below).

This 1905FP was shipped last February and it uses a AUO panel..
PICT3057.jpg

That sucks. I hate when companies change panels without changing the model number.

That's not the case here, and my monitor is just 8 days old from Dell.
Mine reports the following via that button sequence:
1905FP AMLCD (LTM190E4-L02) V016
It is a Samsung panel!

Oh no... TN panels in a premium Dell!! Let's hope it isn't so...

Can anyone confirm this? cos according to this website Dell 1905FP use same panel as one in Samsung 193P, which has 20ms PVA.http://forum.ixbt.com/0028/015144.html.

I'm thinkin of getting Dell 2001FP or 1905FP has a replacement for Hyundai L90D+.. I want something easy on eyes and doesn't have washed colors.

I just jumped on a dell deal on this monitor, and mainly because of the Anandtech review and it having the samsung panel. I hope mine does. Anybody out there whove recently ordered and can look to see what panel they have, it would be appreciated.

If you can afford the extra for the 2001 (and you do game), get that. But the PVA 1905 is a very very nice screen for anything but gaming. Better for viewing angles, too.

It seems to be subjective. The anand review claimed it to be quite decent for gaming, but who knows:p

I thought AUO only dealt with TN+?
Anyway, Anandtech's eyes may not be as sensitive to ghosting, but a 20ms PVA panel will have motion blur... as the average response time is far above 20.

Well after doin more homework i'm leanin more towards 1905FP mainly cos PVA panel which would be easier on eyes.. and better colors, even tho 1600x1200 res is very tempting on 2001FP.

If 1905FP has Samsung 193P panel it should be a great monitor for the money. http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2332
After using PVA and TN panels, I would definately rather go for PVA panel with slower response rather than TN with faster response. 193P has fastest PVA panel so it shouldn't be too bad for gaming.

I ordered my monitor on Sunday, and it got here today. Here's what I found for my panel:

1905FP AMLCD (LTM190E4-L02) V016

And as far as the blurring, I can now say that it does blur in some instances of fast motion, however to most people, I guess it would be playable. I just came from a CRT and don't mind it TOO badly. Seeing the picture difference w/ DVI and the samsung PVA panel was quite a surprise. This is very pleasant to look at, and is a nice monitor for DVD watching :)) I'd have to say, even wih the slow response time, I still love it. My older LCD had a 16ms TN panel, and you can tell the difference when gaming between the two, but on the other hand, the PVA has a fantastic picture.

Interesting....according to Samsung's site, that panel is an 8ms and 1000:1CR. On dell's website, the specs are listed at 20ms and 800:1. I guess if this panel doesn't have the overdrive or whatever its called to speed up the response time, 8ms vs 20ms pva will be just about the same. I was however under the impression that all of Samsung's new 8ms panel had that feature. I myself purchased a 1905 at the end of December. At the time I didn't know how to enter the service menu, so I don't know what panel it had. I do however know that its ghosting was just as bad as my current samsung 25ms PVA panel, so I returned it.

Xeon 22: How is the ghosting on it? You mention blurring, but you're probably seeing motion blur vs actual ghosting.

I just got it in today and have not done much testing. I fired up doom3 on it, and didn't notice any ghosting, however, the blurr was very apparrent. Quite worse than the low end E173FP dell monitor I was using.

The panel you are describing is as fast as the one used in Dell's 2405fpw. It should perform pretty well in games

after playing with it a bit more, I can say that the blurring is pretty bad across the board. Text sometimes changes color when you are scrolling webpages. It could handle a slow paced game, but FPS tend to be out for this monitor. The more I play with it, the more I seem to notice it, and the more I don't like it.

I did hear that this monitor is VERY simular to a 2405FB monitor, but have not heard nearly as many complaints about that monitor as the 1905 monitor, but i suppose alot more own the 1905.

Back