2405 Curious - Order Date/Arrive Date

jfharper

Limp Gawd
I ordered two 2405s with a new worstation, have recieve one monitor, but not the system or other monitor, since this monitor is holding up the final shipping. Since Dell is not able to give you accurate inside dates on things like, how many people are waiting for their monitors, when are the shipments coming in, how many monitors are getting shipped out for people waiting first in the que...I thought maybe feedback on this forum might help everyone figure out what is being done on this subject. If you could post when you ordered your 2405, when it arrived, if a replacement was order when, if you've received the replacement yet, etc. Maybe this will give us an idea of when things are shipping...here is mine:
Ordered everything above: Mar. 15
Recieved first monitor: Mar 24.
System was complete and ready to be shipped: Mar. 22:
...so I think from Mar 22 is when I have been waiting for the second monitor to reach the system causing everything to ship...given this is in the US.

Ordered March 25 and I'm getting hosed, it isn't scheduled to arrive until April 25. Others have ordered after me and have already received it.

I am in a group of 50 (a bunch of people got together before they were selling it for $860 to individuals) So far Dell has lost our order which we were told would be in on March 10th. (I was told Dell apparently lost around 250 of the monitors and our 50 was in that batch) And now it is looking like it will not come until late April. (our guess is after April 18th) The thing that bugs the crap out of me is that they already charged us for our order 2 weeks ago. I hope I get some coupon or something out of this. I wish I had placed the order because Dell would for sure give me something good after losing our 40k order and us already having to pay for it.

boardmonger said:
(I was told Dell apparently lost around 250 of the monitors and our 50 was in that batch)

What do you mean ? Dell lost the monitors ? What did happened to those ones ?

Olivier.

asevie said:
Ordered March 25 and I'm getting hosed, it isn't scheduled to arrive until April 25. Others have ordered after me and have already received it.
That maybe true for other counties, like Canada and the UK...where I'm sure Dell has warehouses just for those areas...I can't see Dell paying for shipping monitors that are needed in the US that may be in stock overseas.

jfharper said:
I ordered two 2405s with a new worstation, have recieve one monitor, but not the system or other monitor, since this monitor is holding up the final shipping. Since Dell is not able to give you accurate inside dates on things like, how many people are waiting for their monitors, when are the shipments coming in, how many monitors are getting shipped out for people waiting first in the que...I thought maybe feedback on this forum might help everyone figure out what is being done on this subject. If you could post when you ordered your 2405, when it arrived, if a replacement was order when, if you've received the replacement yet, etc. Maybe this will give us an idea of when things are shipping...here is mine:
Ordered everything above: Mar. 15
Recieved first monitor: Mar 24.
System was complete and ready to be shipped: Mar. 22:
...so I think from Mar 22 is when I have been waiting for the second monitor to reach the system causing everything to ship...given this is in the US.

was this the deal where you get two free 24" with a 670 workstation?

intelbrain said:
was this the deal where you get two free 24" with a 670 workstation?
Nope, I ordered just prior to that, where they were offering 1 free 24" with the system...but then when I added the 2nd 24" monitor, I got the guy to disount the system even more to help offset that additional amount, that it really made it a good deal.

What's funny is that we also ordered a Dimension system with two 24" monitors that were built and shipped with the 2 24" monitors on Mar 21...so my precision 670, that was finally ready on Mar 22 must have just missed that last of the monitors...I'm thinking that they have not gotten any monitors in since that time...this being the case for the US shipping locations.

In addition, I'm sure, there are multiple shipping locations, and when a shipment of monitors finally arrives, how do they disperse the monitors to the people that have been waiting the longest?

Olivier M. said:
What do you mean ? Dell lost the monitors ? What did happened to those ones ?

Olivier.

Well at first Dell said our order had shipped, but the shipping company had no info for the order. Dell was blaming it on the shipping company saying they had lost them. It wasn't until later and 2 managers above our contact did they say that 250 of them were either misplaced or lost. I can't really say what is going on, but they pushed back our shipdate because they need to get more stock in. We are now working on trying to get them shiped to us directly from asia instead of having to go through Dell.

I ordered 3 the 29th of March. 2 for me, 1 for a friend. Its showing a ship date of April 29th right now :(

JB22 said:
I ordered 3 the 29th of March. 2 for me, 1 for a friend. Its showing a ship date of April 29th right now :(
I doubt that I am very far off from you. given the fact that my workstation needed parts, then when it was done, they remembered that I needed monitor....could have been around the same time..that sucks.

boardmonger said:
Well at first Dell said our order had shipped, but the shipping company had no info for the order. Dell was blaming it on the shipping company saying they had lost them. It wasn't until later and 2 managers above our contact did they say that 250 of them were either misplaced or lost. I can't really say what is going on, but they pushed back our shipdate because they need to get more stock in. We are now working on trying to get them shiped to us directly from asia instead of having to go through Dell.

I was wondering where did those 250 2405s came from... one morning a shipping container with them just showed up on my doorstep with a note of thanks from Dell for buying so many :D

Just checked today and found that my order shipped

All of the information is the latest provided by the carriers.

This information is current as of Monday, April 11, 2005 2:06 PM. If you feel that this information is out of date, please try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page.
Package Stage: In Transit
Your tracking number will be provided when your shipment arrives at the carrier's regional center. This can take 48-72 hours. Please check back to obtain your tracking number through this tool.

YAY! ;)

JB22 said:
Just checked today and found that my order shipped

All of the information is the latest provided by the carriers.

This information is current as of Monday, April 11, 2005 2:06 PM. If you feel that this information is out of date, please try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page.
Package Stage: In Transit
Your tracking number will be provided when your shipment arrives at the carrier's regional center. This can take 48-72 hours. Please check back to obtain your tracking number through this tool.

YAY! ;)

WHOOT! WTStink Dell...why are monitor orders that were placed after me getting shipped before my system meets up with one...I think my system is sitting in a corner somewhere sadly forgotten.

Did you place the order in the US??????????

Yeah I ordered in the US through EPP Plan. The Rep put a rush on mine, must have actually worked :)

JB22 said:
Yeah I ordered in the US through EPP Plan. The Rep put a rush on mine, must have actually worked :)
Mine was suppose to have an expedite on it too...DANG!...I discussed it with the small business rep in charge of my order and we were just about ready to split the system...which means cancelling the current order and placing a new order for the same system which would ship when ever it has completed begin built (whch could take 5 days) and for the monitor, which would still have a 3 year warrenty on it...but would ship whenever they got it in...but after reading that some monitors are being shipped...maybe I should wait. B/c my current order is supposed to have an expedite on it and next day shipping....BUT, the rep told me she had just spoken with her "Expedite" person and he said the monitors were due to come in late this week...I hope one of the monitors that you guys are getting to ship will reach my system order, causing them both to ship. I think I'll give it 'till Wednesday to see if anything happens...

asevie said:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 24" is shipping! 2 more days to nirvana,
Ordered Mar. 25 right? In the US?
Where in the US did you guys order them from....and were there anything else with your order, perhaps like a system like my order? Thanks.

I have tracking numbers now for all 3. very cool. Arrival Date is the 14th-18th.

I Live in NY, my guess is it comes out of Kentucky, thats where my last 2005 came in from. Once I can see for sure, ill post.

JB22 said:
I have tracking numbers now for all 3. very cool. Arrival Date is the 14th-18th.

I Live in NY, my guess is it comes out of Kentucky, thats where my last 2005 came in from. Once I can see for sure, ill post.
OK...I live in CA...maybe it will take another day to reach the west coast....I know my system is stuck in Reno...but the rep said, once the monitor was in stock and ready to ship with my order, that the system would ship from Reno, and the monitor from whatever location it was at...I hope it comes soon...

My order went in on March 29th and their online tracking and the rep told me I'll get it sometime between May 2nd and May 7th! :(

ElToro said:
Ordered Mine March 30 (US) and it shipped just shipped today, April 11 :D

WHAAAT!! My order was in a day before you and you're already getting them and I have to wait another couple weeks!?

Back