What happened to Blackviper's site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? I hope the site goes down so he doesn't continue to misinform tons of people and give them bad advice.

KoolDrew said:
Who cares? I hope the site goes down so he doesn't continue to misinform tons of people and give them bad advice.

Obviously, cgrant cares. You're just going to turn this into a flame-fest.

versello said:
Obviously, cgrant cares. You're just going to turn this into a flame-fest.

KoolDrew has been doing this all over the forums for weeks. Its getting really annoying, just don't get him started on services -especially IOPageLockLimit. We don't need him crapping all over another thread.

KoolDrew has been doing this all over the forums for weeks. Its getting really annoying, just don't get him started on services -especially IOPageLockLimit. We don't need him crapping all over another thread.

I help others out by explaining what the tweaks actually do and this is considered thread crapping? :rolleyes: If you had any idea how this stuff works you would agree with me.

KoolDrew said:
I help others out by explaining what the tweaks actually do and this is considered thread crapping? :rolleyes:*If you had any idea how this stuff works you would agree with me.*

KoolDrew said:

Way to go on explaining them there tweaks.
:rolleyes:

EDIT: Added in his pointless and clueless edited insulted.

I was talking about the other thread where you posted saying I get a hardon from the IOPageLockLimit tweak... (real mature btw)

There is no point in me explaining services in this thread. It has been discussed here tons of times. Someone can just do a search for "Quackviper" and get a couple good explanations.

In the other thread I explained things that I do not see discussed here often.

I strongly suggest that a maturity upgrade is warranted here...pissing contests and thread crapping are not favorites of mine, so take heed ;)

All the flames about blackviper aside, i do use there Services list to restore the default services when somethings screws the services up

Rombus said:
All the flames about blackviper aside, i do use there Services list to restore the default services when somethings screws the services up

Thats the best thing I've heard in a long time. Using his site against him! :D

OldPueblo said:
Thats the best thing I've heard in a long time. Using his site against him! :D
Seriously! That's honestly the only reason I've ever seen regarding an actual use for his site. You guys are still arguing with KoolDrew, but the fact still remains his site provides some very poor information, and has accounted for many many people hosing their boxes. That is why he is universally known as QuackViper. Could you guys please stop arguing with something that's a fact??? MajorDomo asked for a maturity upgrade, and that will start by doing some research into the subject before you flame someone. KoolDrew is providing warnings against hosing your box. All you have to do is search in this OS forum to find out how much damage his site has caused.

djnes said:
Seriously! That's honestly the only reason I've ever seen regarding an actual use for his site. You guys are still arguing with KoolDrew, but the fact still remains his site provides some very poor information, and has accounted for many many people hosing their boxes. That is why he is universally known as QuackViper. Could you guys please stop arguing with something that's a fact??? MajorDomo asked for a maturity upgrade, and that will start by doing some research into the subject before you flame someone. KoolDrew is providing warnings against hosing your box. All you have to do is search in this OS forum to find out how much damage his site has caused.
At least the guy tried to provide good info. I don't see you with a superior site. And talking about flaming someone, you just flamed blackviper. And on blackvipers site he warns you that these modifications are at your own risk.

slamgoku said:
At least the guy tried to provide good info. I don't see you with a superior site. And talking about flaming someone, you just flamed blackviper. And on blackvipers site he warns you that these modifications are at your own risk.
His tweaks do nothing, he is know as a joke on the internet. Back when TechTV was actually good, they did a episode on the Screensavers basically tearing him apart. For quite sometime he had no warnings. He also has very vague descriptions of what services do, leading users to disable necessary things for their systems. Now tell me how that is flaming? Seriously, man, get with the program of this guys site. Also, in the meantime, look up the definition of flaming. Just because you don't like the facts, doesn't mean they're any less factual. Research, then post....repeat.

I am just going to miss the pictures of his cats.........No that site provided too much information for the people it was geared for. Most of the people who used that site didnt have any business doing the stuff he told them to do. Thats my opinion. Its not a flame I just think the page is/was geared to people that are straight out of AOL tech support chat rooms.

If he had much better warnings, that were more prominent, and added full descriptions of the services, it wouldn't be so bad. But then again, Microsoft has a ton of online documentation doing that as well. Many of us here, and on countless others forums got tired of seeing threads where someone had a major problem, and their first sentence said, "The problem happened right after applying the tweaks from Blackviper". You could bet on it, that you'd see more than a few a day, for quite some time.

slamgoku said:
At least the guy tried to provide good info. I don't see you with a superior site.
In addition to djnes' comments about the wealth of info that MS provides, there's no need for a "superior site." The default Windows service setup is great for home use.

djnes said:
That is why he is universally known as QuackViper.

I relatively new to the OS forum here on [H], and I'm curious about this statement. I've seen the threads on the services debate and I've seen similar statements about "QuackViper" as well.

So why is it that searching for the term QuackViper only gives me links back to this forum?
http://www.google.com/search?q=QuackViper&hl=en&lr=&filter=0

Even putting a space between the words only gives me one other site (one other post/person):
http://www.google.com/search?q="Quack+Viper"&hl=en&lr=&filter=0

If possible, avoiding the whole services debate, how can this be universal if it is mostly confined to this forum?

Malk-a-mite said:
I relatively new to the OS forum here on [H], and I'm curious about this statement. I've seen the threads on the services debate and I've seen similar statements about "QuackViper" as well.

So why is it that searching for the term QuackViper only gives me links back to this forum?

Even putting a space between the words only gives me one other site (one other post/person):

If possible, avoiding the whole services debate, how can this be universal if it is mostly confined to this forum?
Now your going to resort to arguing about semantics? Are you kidding me? When I said search I meant on these boards. That's how it works on these forums. Search means search here. Google it, means search on google. Now there's your semantics lesson for the day.

djnes said:
Now your going to resort to arguing about semantics? Are you kidding me? When I said search I meant on these boards. That's how it works on these forums. Search means search here. Google it, means search on google. Now there's your semantics lesson for the day.

He meant that its just the forums that have made up quackviper. Pointing out the pointlessness and uselessness of even mentioning it. Cause this place is far from balanced.

Now how about taking a fucking chill pill and going back to bed.:rolleyes:

MeanieMan said:
Now how about taking a fucking chill pill and going back to bed.:rolleyes:
No thanks, I'm actually in a good mood today, and I'm loaded with meetings. I just have no patience for people who look for any and all excuses to start a controversy. If they can't argue about the content of a post, it turns to semantics or grammar.

LOL. I used black vipers step by step to turn off my services and had NO problems. I dont want to get in the middle of a fight, but if there is a better tweak guide...... WHAT IS IT?

djnes said:
No thanks, I'm actually in a good mood today, and I'm loaded with meetings. I just have no patience for people who look for any and all excuses to start a controversy. If they can't argue about the content of a post, it turns to semantics or grammar.

Where did you get that from?
I saw a new user ask where the name came from and why.
Then I saw you freak out cause someone popped holes in your argument.

No one even mentioned or hinted at semantics

MeanieMan said:
Where did you get that from?
I saw a new user ask where the name came from and why.
Then I saw you freak out cause someone popped holes in your argument.

No one even mentioned or hinted at semantics

From the post above where someone searched through google for Quackviper, instead of these forums. It's a semantics thing, I don't know how to better explain it to you. It's also bringing this thread and others like it down because many posters on here are simply looking for an argument, without providing anything of value.

djnes said:
From the post above where someone searched through google for Quackviper, instead of these forums. It's a semantics thing, I don't know how to better explain it to you. It's also bringing this thread and others like it down because many posters on here are simply looking for an argument, without providing anything of value.

Wow, you missed the argument entirely...

upriverpaddler said:
LOL. I used black vipers step by step to turn off my services and had NO problems. I dont want to get in the middle of a fight, but if there is a better tweak guide...... WHAT IS IT?
The problem with his site is, it's not really a tweak guide at all, because it doesn't really boost performance on any machines. Quite a few of us have done testing to prove this, including one member who works as a programmer for Microsoft in their OS division. A better understand of the services in question reveals that they don't really use up any resources, especially not on today's faster machines. So, there's no argument FOR disabling them. In addition to that, we've seen many people have trouble with their machines immediately after a visit to his site. After undoing his "tweaks", the problems go away.

MeanieMan said:
Wow, you missed the argument entirely...

No, it is you who is missing the point. The conversation didn't involve you, so know your trying to barge in and make assumptions? :rolleyes:

You missed the purpose of my comments, so move along. Are you going to continue the trolling, or add some useful?

djnes said:
No, it is you who is missing the point. The conversation didn't involve you, so know your trying to barge in and make assumptions? :rolleyes:

You missed the purpose of my comments, so move along. Are you going to continue the trolling, or add some useful?

You attacked a new user for pointing out why quackviper is limited to this forums. This is a forum after all, and the converations are open and thus there is no "barging" in. If you want to insult the new users without getting laughed at do it in PM.

I see your comments, and I see how far off they are. You'd rather look for an arugment then review your own reasoning. ;)

MeanieMan said:
You attacked a new user for pointing out why quackviper is limited to this forums. This is a forum after all, and the converations are open and thus there is no "barging" in. If you want to insult the new users without getting laughed at do it in PM.

I see your comments, and I see how far off they are. You'd rather look for an arugment then access your own reasoning. ;)

Hardly, I provided plenty fo explanations and factual information here. Now, heed your own advice. If you have something to say to me, stop the goddamn trolling and take it to PM.

djnes said:
Hardly, I provided plenty fo explanations and factual information here. Now, heed your own advice. If you have something to say to me, stop the goddamn trolling and take it to PM.

Again, you missed the entire point of a post. :rolleyes:
Maybe you should calm down and reread page 2 and 3.

MeanieMan said:
Again, you missed the entire point of a post. :rolleyes:

Good, than you did as well, we're even. We can agree to disagree. If you have something to say to me, take it to PM. I'd have to be upset first in order to calm down. I'm not upset or worked up at all. Your just wasting time and forum space. Your missing my point, I'm missing yours apparently....good for us.

djnes said:
Good, than you did as well, we're even. Drop it, or move it to PM.

Why move it to PM, I'm also waiting for an answer to the original question.

Malk-a-mite said:

Someone mentions QuakViper, and most people seem to know it means BlackViper. Sounds pretty universal to me.

Malk-a-mite said:

As you've already begun to figure out, the anti-BV crowd is limited to about 3-4 people in this forum. They have the shared addiction to push their opinions as "facts"..... annoying, yet sometimes amusing.

Just form your own conslusion based on whatever results you reach by tweaking services.

Badger_sly said:
As you've already begun to figure out, the anti-BV crowd is limited to about 3-4 people in this forum. They have the shared addiction to push their opinions as "facts"..... annoying, yet sometimes amusing.

Just form your own conslusion based on whatever results you reach by tweaking services.
It's a much larger contigent than that, and if memory serves correctly, even the front page of HardOCP used have comments referring to him as QuackViper. I'm saying this in a non-flammatory way, but follow the tweaks yourself and test it out. Chances are, the services he suggests disabling aren't really being used in your system anyway, so the performance before and after are identical. GreNME and Ranma_Sao have detailed this in many others threads, breaking down each service, and why it's not really in use.

One example would be disabling the wireless zero config utility. It gives no performance benefit, especially if your doing it on a system with no wireless hardware. If your using the adapters utility that came with the drivers, the zero config service isn't used either.

slamgoku said:
At least the guy tried to provide good info. I don't see you with a superior site. And talking about flaming someone, you just flamed blackviper.

So just because quackviper has a website it means he knows what he's talking about huh? Well, I'm going to put a section on my site about how deleting boot.ini makes your machine rox0rz and fast0rz and call it tweak. :p

Service tweaking is the dumbest n00biest thing you can do to your system. :rolleyes: The only service that makes a difference is indexing service. And no matter how many experts on these boards (djnes, KoolDrew, Phoenix) tell you guys that these tweaks are shit, you still worship quackviper and all the drivel he spits out. :rolleyes:

As was stated before, his tweaks are nothing more than a placebo. "My machine just feels faster, I know it."

Mods should start locking threads about quackviper and ban those who start these stupid threads. This topic can't be discussed without flaming because the quackviper fanb0ys don't listen to any of the facts presented to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back