have any of you installed a Blue Illuminated Bulgin Vandal Switch from Frozencpu?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
i wanna install that on my wave master and was wondering if any of you have ever installed this on one of your PCs? I am also interested to know how bright is the LED?

I've not ordered from frozencpu but they are the same the world over, they give a pleasant blue glow its about the perfect brightness imho :)

I have the red switches. They arent super bright, just enough to tell the computer is on. IMO I dont like spotlights on my case, too much of a distraction.

what kind of cases did you stick these in? i wonder if itll fit on my CM WM

I tried one over a year ago and I couldnt' get the damn thing to work, it kept shorting the PSU everytime I pushed the button and no matter what wire combination I tried, nothing except dead computer. I gave up and returned it.

This may help:
bulginhookup.gif

EDIT:
This too (Click Me)

EDIT #2:
Now I'm thinking about getting one... my question is about using two of these switches, one for power, one for reset... or are these not the right type of switches for reset switches? Just curious, because If i do that, I'll just get a blue and a red, blue for power, red for HDD LED and reset button.

i think its kind of $$ for a switch. if you wanna find out bout IM Morgan FrozenCPU on AIM. he will answer all of your questions. super nice guy, he even sent me pics of the button placed into a CM WM case. still thinking of buying or not.

kinick313 said:
This may help:
bulginhookup.gif

EDIT:
This too (Click Me)

EDIT #2:
Now I'm thinking about getting one... my question is about using two of these switches, one for power, one for reset... or are these not the right type of switches for reset switches? Just curious, because If i do that, I'll just get a blue and a red, blue for power, red for HDD LED and reset button.

I've got a red one and a blue one in my Shuttle SN85 case. They are not really bright, but that is what I wanted. I've modded the front on my case, so I think these switches are a big improvement over the stock look, but they are $$$ for switches.

-TeedOff

anyone in the UK know where I can get these kinds of switchs? been looking for ages but havent found anywhere in the UK to get them yet.

Maplins is no good as they never got the things in stock even though they are on their lists ect

^^^ think you can get the link working? that looks like a KICK ASS mod...almost like that Doom 3 , or HL 2 thing..

sweetness

My Cooler Master ATC-710 has one installed as we speak. I had to take a metal file to the chassis, but the faceplate hole for the power switch was 1:1 perfect size.

Back