mouse lag with one lcd but not another?

somegei

n00b
I just returned my BenQ 23" LCD (fp231w), and decided to get a Dell 2405FPW.

I was having absolutely no problems with the BenQ (besides a single dead pixel)... but I figured the Dell was an inch bigger, and I could get it for a bit cheaper.

Anyway, I had read about the mouse lag issue, but I hadn't experienced it until now. With the BenQ monitor I was NOT getting any mouse lag at any resolution/refresh rate. With the Dell LCD, if I'm running at anything other than 1900x1220, I get horrible mouse lag. I think I might still be getting it at 1900x1220 too, but its just a bit less noticeable.

This is a problem because my comp cant handle some games at that high of a res, so I am definitely going to have a problem.

How can I fix this? Any why would I have this problem with one LCD and not another?

For reference, I'm running at Athlon 64 3400, with a Radeon 9800 (flashed to PRO). Using DVI input of course.

--Sunil

Lol, some ppl might get tired of this, but I say again: do a search, and u'll find an answer to ur question... :D There were a couple threads on this precise topic :rolleyes:

Back