FS: Ultimate ATX OCer 754 *nForce3 250* board / MSI 9800 Pro (R360 core)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
Before I forget, redundant, non-free e-mail: [email protected]
See sig for feedback/evals.

New! Biostar K8NHA-M Grand (nForce3 250, 754, IDE/SATA RAID 0+1, 6-Channel Sound, LAN, Firewire)

If you are looking for an Athlon 64 microATX board that can overclock - this is it! This is the only mATX board with PCI/AGP locks for socket 754 that includes any OC options. Although there is no multi control in bios, you can use Clockgen to adjust the board and apply settings on bootup. You can also get up to 1.7VCORE using this! The VDIMM also goes to a decent 2.9v.

You can not find this board for sale in the US!!! The overseas supplier that I bought this from (www.computeruniverse.net) also no longer carries it!

This is virtually brand new. I bought this to replace my board, because I thought it was FUBAR after I used some acetone and artic silver epoxied the new heatsink on. :) Turns out I only screwed up the bios, which leaving out the CMOS battery overnight fixed. So I don't need a second board.

Also, since the bios supports the new Palermo Semprons, it may support Turion! This is a great board, which I am still using myself. :cool:

*Click on the pic to take you to the manufacturer's site

Price = $80 shipped (SOLD to magnux on Anandtech)

MSI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB "RX9800Pro-TD128" R360 (XT) core

This is one of the original MSI's and one of the first cards to use the XT core! This card was sold before, but the memory was slightly damaged by the buyer when he pulled off the epoxied ramsinks. There were some other things that I unintentionally left out when I sold the card, because I was not aware of, so I still let him return the card.

Other things you might want to know are that the shim has been removed (good for cooling) and that the card probably was voltmodded before. It's also a "Medion" card, which is MSI's UK distributor. I have both the front of the Medion heatsink as well as the MSI one. Only difference is the sticker on the fan. ;) The MSI one is currently installed, but I will ship them both.

Still need to fully verify the memory, but it looks like it will run about 400/313, using ATiTool artifact checker. I will post ATiTool pics as soon as I can. Automatically identifies as a 9800 XT in Windows with Pro clocks and uses the XT's enhanced pixel shaders for faster performance. Scored 7000+ 3DMark03 according to the original owner!

*Click on the pic to take you to the manufacturer's site

Price = $115 shipped (SOLD to Imnewatthis on EOCF)

Swiftech MCX64-V (754, 939)

"This model is specifically designed to comply with AMD® mechanical specifications, while surpassing the thermal and acoustical requirements. The MCX64-V™ is primarily intended for OEM's, system integrators, and users who desire to keep their cooling solution in strict conformance with AMD® specifications, while offering top notch cooling performance at low audible noise levels."

One of the only performance heatsinks that meets AMD size requirements, makes it ideal for restrictive cases, such as the ARIA. Also one of the few heatsinks that will work with lidless, mobile A64 processors. Swiftech has been known for making high quality air/water cooling products and this heatsink ranks among the best Thermalright solutions!

Review: http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=swiftmcx64v

Heatsink is in good condition. Edit: It looks like I have misplaced the fan, grill & those 4 pin-push doohickies so the price has been lowered again. I will still include 4 fan screws and the cooler looking/less restrictive thermaltake grill that I was using on it.

*Click on the pics to take you to the manufacturer's site

Price = $25 shipped (SOLD to iczerjones on EOCF)

PM replied. :)

I am going to be out of town until next Wednesday, but should be able to ship until about 2pm tomorrow.

California rocks. :cool: I am back in this tree prison that people call "Georgia." Help me finance moving back to the sunlight. :)

wonders how heatsink compares to zalman , am wanting one for small case i am building

Jen

All I can really say is it would be close. If you look at the PC Perspective review, the Zalman at medium speeds (~2,000RPM), has about the same performance as the medium speed NMB fan. Estimating that the 92mm fan on the Zalman running at about 2,000RPMs puts out about 28dBA, that would be about the same noise as what the Swiftech fan does and what they list on their web-site.

Anyway, I have seen a review that compared high-end sinks (Zalman, the SLK-900 & the SP-97?) and they all performed within about 1/2 a degree at the same low noise level.

One nice thing about this sink is that it only weighs about a pound.

sleepeeg3 said:
All I can really say is it would be close. If you look at the PC Perspective review, the Zalman at medium speeds (~2,000RPM), has about the same performance as the medium speed NMB fan. Estimating that the 92mm fan on the Zalman running at about 2,000RPMs puts out about 28dBA, that would be about the same noise as what the Swiftech fan does and what they list on their web-site.

Anyway, I have seen a review that compared high-end sinks (Zalman, the SLK-900 & the SP-97?) and they all performed within about 1/2 a degree at the same low noise level.

One nice thing about this sink is that it only weighs about a pound.

thank you for your honesty

hugs

Jen

Hey, I got my first legitimate job! Woot! :eek: No longer gainfully employed as a mercenary...

sleepeeg3 said:
Hey, I got my first legitimate job! Woot! :eek: No longer gainfully employed as a mercenary...

....... :)

should i be worried?

Only if you use Cingular's service for a cell phone! :eek:

n. mer·ce·nar·y
1. One who serves or works merely for monetary gain; a hireling.
• See "contractor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back