TODAY ONLY (4/29) -- 15" LCD @ Staples for $129.98

karrock

Limp Gawd
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=594187

Norcent 15" LCD Display with Speakers

Special Buy $129.98!
Reg. $229.98 - $100 instant savings = $129.98. Save 40%!
Valid Friday 4/29/05 ONLY.

Save valuable space on your desk and have great picture quality with the Norcent LM560 monitor.

DisplayType LCD
Diagonal Screen Size 15"
Maximum Resolution 1024 x 768 75Hz
Recommended Resolution 1024 x 768 75Hz
Image Max H-View Angle +120/-100
Image Max V-View Angle +120/-100
Image Contrast Ratio 400:1
Image Brightness 250cd/m2
Input Signal 15Pin D-SUB , 0.7Vp-p Analog
Ports/Connectors 15Pin D-SUB
Speakers 2 x 1W
Compatibility PC
Regulatory Compliance Not rated
Power Consumption <2W
Warranty 1 year limited

Looks like I good deal, I know nothing about lcd's. Is this decent monitor? I am looking to get my fiance a lcd. she doesnt do much on here computer but photoshop etc.

Use this $20 off $100 coupon to bring it down to $109: 84934 (taken from fatwallet) It is damn tempting, but I don't know if I even want to spend money on anything smaller than 17".

was just about to pull the trigger, but 15" with no dvi just isn't worth it for me

nice price, tho

won't be long will 17" LCD's in that range

Decent deal. You do occasionally see 17" ones drop into the high $100 range and I'm sure that will progress. I'm tempted to get one for Mother's Day but think I'll hold off for now.

bump. for you. gooood deal.

i think i might get this as my 2nd display for showing my email and konfabulator stats. if i can fit in my desk that is...

anyone know if this one would work for the LumenLab project?

Tiny said:
anyone know if this one would work for the LumenLab project?

It would probably work but I am sure it has a really crappy response time which may effect how well your movies/games would look on the big screen.

I'm guessing this Panel would work well with the LL project.

$110 for a 15" panel is a great deal!
Considerring you'll pay $65 more for one with 16ms response and higher contrast ratio. ...that $65 will get you the standard fresnel kit.

w00t!

jpmkm said:
Use this $20 off $100 coupon to bring it down to $109: 84934 (taken from fatwallet) It is damn tempting, but I don't know if I even want to spend money on anything smaller than 17".

is there a printable copy of that coupon somewhere?

DooLocsta said:
It would probably work but I am sure it has a really crappy response time which may effect how well your movies/games would look on the big screen.
Shouldn't be all that bad, really -- it's not 16ms, but according to their website the nearly identical LM565 is 25ms. All the other specs are the same.

http://www.norcent.net/main/product...&category=monitors&type=lcdmonitor&view=specs

I'd strip it for a projector, but I already have a 15.4 wide for that particular project! :D

Ordered that Friday, got the monitor Monday -- looks nice and is currently serving as a secondary display.

Not sure about taking this one apart for a projector though... the power supply in integrated in the chassis instead of an external brick. Don't need it for that, so I'm not going to attempt to dissasemble and possibly break a perfectly good LCD.

karrock said:
Not sure about taking this one apart for a projector though... the power supply in integrated in the chassis instead of an external brick. Don't need it for that, so I'm not going to attempt to dissasemble and possibly break a perfectly good LCD.
Many strippable monitors have the powersupply built in. The BenQ's are an example

anybody that bought one plan on stripping theirs?

Back