HDA Mystique Dolby Digital Encoding Card Info

BeeIzebub

Weaksauce
Ok, since the old thread was deleted due to confusion, we still need to have a place where we can post new information that we recieve from BlueGears and/or retailers so we can all get the card as soon as possible. Please, lets not post any threads about selling/trading,buying the card from or to each other. Also, please summarize any emails you get from BlueGears otherwise they will be deleted by the moderator. Please also post links to reviews of the sound card so we really know what we are going to get and what to expect. As of right now the latest response from BlueGear is summarized as follows.

The Press release is targeted for May 6, 2005. The soundcards are now stocked in BlueGears factory. They said that the cards are shipping this week and next week to online retailers. They said they have talked to Newegg and Zipzoom about stocking the card but did not say if they agreed to it and are actually going to stock them. BlueGears also said that they will not sell directly to the customer. Finally, they said that there will be no more delays.

Lets hope these things stay true and we can all get our hands on these cards soon.

This thread lives the other one died. :)
(we don't need two threads with the same topic)

Can we delete the old thread or renumber it so it can't be used by HDA, foriegn online stores, and Bluegears to pimp [H]ardforums anymore to sell the x-mystique? Since we have a new thread and all... or is this the case when having a dead thread?

I went to the Bluegears site but there is no way to purchase it.

Also, doesn't it seem odd that its not being distrubuted through any of the major nettailers like egg or zzf?

clarkkent333 said:
I went to the Bluegears site but there is no way to purchase it.

Also, doesn't it seem odd that its not being distrubuted through any of the major nettailers like egg or zzf?

didnt u read the begginning?

"BlueGears also said that they will not sell directly to the customer"

grr, now does this thing acually work?

EchoMatrix said:
didnt u read the begginning?

"BlueGears also said that they will not sell directly to the customer"

grr, now does this thing acually work?

Bluegears is just doing distribution - you order through HDA's website. I thought it was pretty weird too...

:confused:

this sucker was cheaper to get off ebay a while back! Dam, those commi's just know we want this card bad so they jacked up the price.

no, from everything I had seen they were looking to get 100 for them back on ebay too.

but look at it this way it's still cheaper than most creative cards

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro $299.99

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro $249.99

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum $199.99

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer $129.99

BeeIzebub said:
this sucker was cheaper to get off ebay a while back! Dam, those commi's just know we want this card bad so they jacked up the price.

Yeah... Price gouging is so communist.

JL_Audio_User said:

Someone bitter that they just bought an Audigy instead of waiting for the HDA Mystique?

Whatever it is, calm down dude.

Hvatum said:
Someone bitter that they just bought an Audigy instead of waiting for the HDA Mystique?

Yeah I'm all busted up over a Audigy 2 zs I bought a year ago and paid $99.00 for :rolleyes: Just think..I coulda waited a year for a card which hasnt been reviewed on ANY major HW review site (that I can find) and isnt bein sold by ANY major retailer??

The linked page shows reviews alright....from a buncha web forums? How about shippin' a test model out to "Toms Hardware" or "Anantech" and lettin me see some critical analysis.

is he talking about the site or the cards? I still think it's a pretty good deal for what you get out of it. It's called supply and demand. I can't wait to see it for $200 on newegg. LOL. :p j/k

Anyone ever buy anything from Bluebones? are they a part of Bluegears? I am sure it will be reviewed soon.. but to tell you the truth.. I trust a bunch of actual users on forums before any one site review. At least they tell their personal opinion of their purchase... and if it's crap.. you'll find a lot of people telling you it's crap and vice versa.

magnetik said:
is he talking about the site or the cards? I still think it's a pretty good deal for what you get out of it. It's called supply and demand. I can't wait to see it for $200 on newegg. LOL. :p j/k

Anyone ever buy anything from Bluebones? are they a part of Bluegears?

they are prolly one of the companies to buy a bluegears template

I ordered mine from bluebone last night and I already got my shipping notice and tracking number. So it does seem like they have them instock.

yea i emailed them about that before i was going to order and they did say they are in stock..

too bad they dont' have the daughter board to go with it though..

the daughter board has the SPDIF Inputs.. (both optical and coax)

I dont mean to sound like a complete idiot.. but what is so special about this card? :confused:

saturnine2 said:
I dont mean to sound like a complete idiot.. but what is so special about this card? :confused:
Realtime Dolby Digital encoding for 5.1 over a single cable. It makes it easier to connect to your reciever, and cheaper cabling.
The daughterboard allows for SPDIF i/o, not just output. That's about the only advantage I see to that part of it...

H-street said:
the daughter board has the SPDIF Inputs.. (both optical and coax)

Just got a response back from Bluebone, he said they would have the Daughter board in stock "soon."

ioCombo.com said:
The World First Dolby Digital Live Certificated PCI Audio Board
Certificated? Sounds like I don't want to buy from these guys... :rolleyes:

edit: Woah. This is on the bluegears site too. Do they not have an editor or something? It should be "Certified"...

BLUEGEARS HDA Digital X-MYSTIQUE 7.1 GOLD hmm that is kinda screwy... looks like they don't know who's product it is.

Frozen CPU has them in stock for 99$.... Not that i normally shop there, there site is great sleection is top of the line, but proces often suck monkey ballz...but there sellign the card for the same price as everyone eles...

FYI

Back