Behemoth PC!!!

Just got my new PC parts all here (apart from sata cables)
I had to sell so many old pc and hifi parts to get this, but it is finally here...
fx-55, dual ledtek ultras, 2gb ram, lian li v-1000, xp-120 etc. etc.
but how do I insert pictures into a thread?

Awh... I thought this was a case mod based on the Polish death metal band...

Upload the picture to one of the many free hosts such as http://www.imageshack.us/

Then type it in like this: [ img]http://www.imageurl.com/image.jpg[ /img]
Just don't put the spaces in the

just curious, what motherboard did you go with? and what have you got in the way of hard drives?

OK here are the exact specs....
Athlon 64 fx-55
asus a8n-sli deluxe (to fit the leadteks)
2gb ram (2x1024)
two leadtek 6800 ultra
plextor dvd
plextor px 716-a dvd rw
2x74gb raptor
1x200gb western digital caviar
mitsumi 7in1 floppy and card reader
aerocool gatewatch
lian li v-1000 black
thermalright xp-120 + vantec stealth 120mm.
enermax 600w sli.

But I still don't get how to upload a pic, they are jpeg on my desktop.....
thanks
f

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any cable management ideas for this, as I could just not find room to put them....

Notice the case window wording!!!!

Modded switch on right side of case for white cathode light...

The one piece of 'bling' on the case....

The main idea for this was to of course be very good, but also quiet and stylish...
I am waiting until saturday to install windows, burn in and benchmark.... pushing the on button for the first time should be pretty scary, as the raptors were delivered as OEM parts only wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap and rattling round a box..

More pics later of all lights on, fans spinning etc. soon....

also, the monitor for this is a 21.4" viewsonic LCD, love thin bezzles!
comments?
f

MAN! I love that case.. been seing more and more of it... I want one! heh.... nice rig... you really need that Asus board with it's bigger space between the PCI-E slots for those leadtek cards. You'll be pulling down 11's on 3Dmark05 without too much trouble I had bet... :) w00t!

quite a jump from my old xp 2200, ti 4600, 768mb ddr266 and 80gb hd......
but does anyone have any advice on cable management?
f

doesn't wire sleeving void the warranty, as you have to open the power supply etc. etc. I mean is there anywhere that I can put these wires etc.?
Also,
(1) what 3d mark 05 score should i be expecting.... 9500?
(2) what would be a suitable idle and load temp for the fx-55 with an xp-120?

thanks
f

you don't have to open your power supply to cable sleeve, all you have to do is take the molex connectors off.

1) don't know sorry
2) What are your temps? then we'll tell you if they're reasonable

I. want. your. computer.

>.>

<.<

*steals*

anyways, nice job. sweet case, did you do the etching yourself?

I got most of it from overclockers.co.uk (bastards, they say yes we will deliver it by x, but then they actually do it two days later, with everything stuffed willy nilly in a big box, filled with those foam ball things. my two brand new raptors and western dgitial were just stuffed haphazardly into the box, taped together and with one layer of bubble wrap on..... it sucked....)
I got the case, the aerocool, the light and the media bay thing from kustompcs.co.uk,
I got the PSU from scan.co.uk (now these guys are great, I would reccomend to anyone, mainly because THEY ANSWER THEIR PHONE!!!!!!!!)
I got the cables from overclock.co.uk, due to being so damn pissed off with overclcokers.co.uk (howevev these guys don't answer their phone either.....)
I got a USB to Serial converter from some random cable site.

I have been waiting for this for ages, as I am the sort of upgrade every 2.5 years to the best out there.... however I am still using my trusty old sound blaster 1!

It cost in the region of £2, 500........

agghhhhhhh
f

also, out of curiosoty (mashie love all your mods), why has lian li not included a reset button?, and is there any way to put one in?
f

thanks, but if anyone has done this, I would really love a schematic or something of how to wire in a reset button...
thanks for all the nice comments
f

You see where the connector for reset switch is on your motherboard?
Run wire from it to front of your case and cut a hole in your case if you want, connect wire to reset button. I'll edit in a sec with a picture.
You have old system with wire in it that you can pirate for new system?

EDIT:

Fancy Button you could add - may require cuts:

mod11.jpg

Or simple button (stealth button?) If you find an old cable with Reset SW on it you can connect it to motherboard and poke it through the front of the case, I could not do this, my arm is in sling, but I took pic of what I am talking about.

mod11a.jpg

mod11b.jpg

Do you really need a reset switch? If so adding one to front of case should not be hard, or hide it under case if you want. Nice thing about this case is all the holes.

Help?

I also use white light in my Lian Li Case just like yours....hey if you modded a button into side for light switch, doing a reset switch should be easy.....?

Well finally after many trials and tribulations (turned it on, nothing happened... etc,) it has booted and is working.

Just have to install all of my programs....

I got 9750 in 3d mark 05...is this expected?

My temps for CPU are 30 at idle and 40 at load...aren't these like way too low?
however when I touch the thermalright it is not even warm....

the GPU are 50 & 55 at idle, and 68 and 70 at load....are these good?

Well here are some pics, and I will be putting in a custom reset button soon (does anyone have any idea where I can get these, preferably looking very similar to the stylish brushed aluminium of the Lian Li power button... why didn't lian li put one in there in the first place?

Note obsessive cable tying!

Thanks very much for the advice full metal and comments from others
f

Hi,
The leadteks were pretty loud, and I was thinking like oh my gosh....
however they have suddenely just quietened down hugely, and my temps are staying the same.....
any explanation for this?
thanks
f

Some changes, changed the leadteks to nv5 cooled, as they were loading at 90.... the warm air being pumped out should make a difference, but I was also thinking about having a fan on the side window... any ideas to placement..
I have also changed the cpu fan to a silenx 120mm red led fan.
f

Wow I just spent 5,000 dollars on my new rig and I didn't even get an FX-55 or dual ultras... Though I did get an sli compatible mb so I can get duals later

Sven_Lee said:
Wow I just spent 5,000 dollars on my new rig and I didn't even get an FX-55 or dual ultras... Though I did get an sli compatible mb so I can get duals later

u spent 5 grand and didnt get dual ultras?
what did u spend that kinda money on?
you better have something like a buttload of hard drive space... (were talking terrabytes)

Sven_Lee said:

hes talking swedish dollars, thats like $400 American.

and yes im bullshitting you, i know know where it went too.

Mine cost £2500....
I have installed the silenx fan, but I have to wait for the nv5, as they only sell the rev.1 in the UK, which I have bought as these fit better on the ultras.
However it does not come with the replacement pci bracket, and the only place for that is frozencpu.com (great site), and this arrives on tuesday...
If things are still not great heat wise, I might put a silenx led fan in the window... would this help?
f

nice btx mod! i spent too much $ on parts to buy a case that allows btx:(

It isn't BTX, it is just the lian-li case nicking some of the BTX upsidedown mobo ideas.
It has also nicked the Apple Mac G4 and 5 ideas of 'thermal zoning'...
However as you can see by the measures that I am going to have to go through, the cooling is not enough for SLI ultras, and porting the heat out of the case will hopefully make things alot cooler.
Here is a pic of the new system (no nv5 yet)
sorry about the colouring, my camera is pissing about.. all the orange is actually a deep red...
f

I am also going to mod a reset button into the side of the case, as for some reason lian li do not have a reset button...
it will look like this

f

There a Death Metal Band Called Behemoth, and they kick ass IMO (if your into that sorta music).

Vapor1000 said:
u spent 5 grand and didnt get dual ultras?
what did u spend that kinda money on?
you better have something like a buttload of hard drive space... (were talking terrabytes)

Ok well it was more like 4,300 after software (Reason 3.0 and WinXP Pro, quick way to spend 700 bucks)

But here's what I bought

2x 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen Dell LCDs
Gigabyte GeForce 6800 Ultra PCI-E
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe MB
AMD 3200+ Processor
1 gig Corsair PC3200
Full tower Lian-Li case
4 Hard drives (2 seagate 120's, WD Raptor 10k rpm 74 gig and a WD 80 gig)
Lights, fans, controllers, other mod stuff
Oxygen 8 Midi controller
and of course all the other various BS.. Will be posting pics of my project in here soon.

Yeh I have the same problems you do with OCUK. While mapping their site, I found two different contact pages whiched looked nearly the same, but had different contact information on it :S, after 3 days of trying them by phone, we had to wait 2 days to see if their fax number worked, which it did, which was lucky for me, as I was cancelling quite an expensive order.
Someone needs to give them a good slapping for the amount of trouble they cause people.

freddiepm61 said:
I am also going to mod a reset button into the side of the case, as for some reason lian li do not have a reset button...
it will look like this

f

why bother? How often do you need a reset button anyway? Try holding the power button down for a couple of seconds, that will reset it ;)

Back