New Watercooled SLI Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego!

managerman

Limp Gawd
I have been reading posts here and other places for about a month now...
Thanks to all who have posted some great information!

I have finally taken the plunge and built a new watercooled AMD 64 3700+ SLI system...

System is stable at 2.95 Ghz! Will tweak some more to get to 3.0...

I mounted the Radiator outside the case for better cooling....

My Watercooling components:

Polarflo TT CPU block
Dangerden Maze4 SLI cooling kit
Dangerden Res.
Black Ice Extreme Radiator
Zerex coolant
2 120mm Sunon fans
10 feet Clearflex 60 with 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Hydor L30 II Pump

Here are some pictures...

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new5.jpg

Thanks again for all the advice....would love any suggestions to make it better....I have a feeling I will continue to tweak....Wow....This is an addiction....

-M

Awesome job, that's almost identical to the system I'd like to build this summer (Venice core instead). Is 1.4V stock on a San Diego? I wonder how high it will go with a little more...Keep us posted :)

Nice, the setup is very clean and uncluttered (especially for a wc system). Good luck with getting to 3 Ghz :)

strwrsxprt said:
Awesome job, that's almost identical to the system I'd like to build this summer (Venice core instead). Is 1.4V stock on a San Diego? I wonder how high it will go with a little more...Keep us posted :)

Thanks for the nice comments....Yes...Stock voltage is 1.4....

The big issue with the MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI is that none of the vcore settings will change the vcore....only the +3.3, etc...will do it....I am hoping a new BIOS will come out from MSI soon...

-M

I dunno how different the bios is in the neo4 plat. But i have the Neo2 plat. Doesn't changing from the default VID from startup to somethin else work? On this Mobo i think i can select 1.5V and then add the upto +18% incriment on top of that. Sorry i dont kno ur bios, jus a thought

That's a nice purple man, keep up the good work. Seems a little demanding from a single 120 rad though.

So you have two 512MB sticks of TCCD pulling 295MHz 1:1 on the San Diego? Damn they really improved the hell out of the memory controller...

tsuehpsyde said:
So you have two 512MB sticks of TCCD pulling 295MHz 1:1 on the San Diego? Damn they really improved the hell out of the memory controller...

Yes....Two sticks G.skill LE doing 295 1:1....It is 2T however...I can switch to 1T in windows with A64 Tweaker, but it is not 100% stable...

-M

simon27 said:
THATS PRETTY SICK :|

Temps?

is it noisy?

Thanks!

Not noisy at all....Wife likes that a lot.... :D

Temps are running 35-38 idle and 38-43 on load....depending on ambient temp of course....
I am wondering if I should replace the Black Ice Extreme with a Black Ice Extreme II???? Would it make a big enough temp drop to be worth spending another $100.....????

-M

theseeker said:
Did you cool your chipset?

No...I could not physically get the water block to fit because of the 2 6800gt cards...so I had to leave the MSI heatsink fan on the chipset...

-M

Back