Looking for gamers in Iraq

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
Can I get this thread stuck for a bit?

I'm looking for gamers in Iraq. MWR doesn't seem to want to LAN their computers so it's up to us to find our own opponents. I am located on LSA Anaconda, have laptop, will travel. I play shooters and RTS's. I have Thursdays and Fridays off.

I know the LAN's exist, I've seen pics.

Feel free to use this thread for other locations in Iraq as well.

"Will travel"??
"Have thursdays and fridays off"???

Got to love the combat zone.

Good luck with your system, though, seriously.

drdeutsch said:
"Will travel"??
"Have thursdays and fridays off"???

Got to love the combat zone.

Good luck with your system, though, seriously.
I don't know if your being a smartass or not, but do you think soldiers could stay sane if we didn't have time off to do other stuff, even in combat?? Sounds like your saying we should be hunkered down in some hole for months at a time, constantly in battle. Doesn't work that way. You run missions, then return to camp.

I was running combat patrols behind enemy lines in Iraq for 22 months, but you damn well better bet that when we had down time, we were drinking beer and playing some video games. There's not much to do over there, and gaming is one of the biggest past times, I'd say.

NOT MUCH TO DO? WHAT? Since when?

All my buddies over there tell me its great.

You have your daily scropion hunts, and your hide and seek with the sand flees.
You have an endless hourglass for any board games you play. So a simple game of Taboo takes like 36 hours, or at least till the wind quits blowing.
Then you have the track and field events on the weekends, where you are always running and jumping.

But on a seriouse note, let me check with a few of my buddies and see where they are over there, and I will try to get them in here, or at least back with you.

Keep you head down, and stay safe soldier.

Back