how heavy is your pc

how heavy is your case(must be fully loaded, proove with photos if its light or heavy

• 10-20lbs (4-9 kilograms)(you cant be serious)

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • 20-30lbs (9-13 kilograms)

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • 30-40lbs (13-18 kilograms)

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • 40-50lbs (18-23 kilograms)

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • 50-60lbs (23-27 kilograms)

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • 60-70lbs (27-32 kilograms)

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • 70-80lbs (32-36 kilograms)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 80-90lbs (36-40 kilograms)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 90+ lbs (40 kilograms)

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters

ryuji

2[H]4U
this is AFTER cutting off about 12 lbs worth of steel for windows and cable managment, and removing the drive cages to make room for water cooling
if you have somthing real light or real heavy, prove it with a photo

haha, nice idea for a thread mistar warui, this is a placeholder until tomorrow when I can grab my camera from the car :cool:

Mines about 60-70lbs depending on what scale you use...
and thats in a Lian-Li PC-75 ALL ALUMINUM CASE too :eek: :eek: :eek:

refer to my sig for the specs that make it so darn heavy...

Vapor1000 said:
Mines about 60-70lbs depending on what scale you use...
and thats in a Lian-Li PC-75 ALL ALUMINUM CASE too :eek: :eek: :eek:

refer to my sig for the specs that make it so darn heavy...

Lian-Li's and Coolermaster's are quite a bit more heavy than any aluminum case should be by default... fully loaded they weigh about the same as a steel case

i have a super lan boy with 4 hard drives , 2 cd drives and all the rest of my stuff for good framrates :D so im guessing 30 to 40 pounds

uberlight weight. I'll get it on the scale soon.
First pic shows the bare case after I trimmed some excess fat from it.
case6.jpg

This is with the guts in it.
case10.jpg

ScHpAnKy said:
Lian-Li's and Coolermaster's are quite a bit more heavy than any aluminum case should be by default... fully loaded they weigh about the same as a steel case

when was the last time you lifted a bare, completly empty Lain-Li Classic series (not their current V seires)??? i remeber when i picked mine up last year (may) @ Fed-Ex it was bulky... ill say that.. but not heavy... about 10lbs at most.. they arnt heavy...
now the cooler master Stacker Server Case... now that one is fairly heavy... its gota be 20lbs+ easy...

75% of the weight of my case comes from the 7 hard drives, 2 power supplys that top 10 lbs a peice... & about 60 fl OZ of water with 3 solid copper bottomed water blocks... (well and th copper Res)

rest of the weight comes from case weight + IDE/SATA/Audigy/Firwire/Audio/USB Cables + CD/DVD Drives + all the PCB items in there.

I have a Coolermaster 620 (mATX). Its about 25 lbs id say. Its alot easier to haul around than my steel chieftech. I still need to chop down the excess steel though.

Comes with optional casters. But bork if I'm going to pick it up to play on the scale and find out how much it weighs.

Tee-hee, here's my beheamoth tipping the scales at.. oh who cares? It's goddam heavy as hell! You try to wall-mount it alone!!!! Gotta weigh at least 90 lb. :p
callisto1.jpg

zeusenergy said:
Tee-hee, here's my beheamoth tipping the scales at.. oh who cares? It's goddam heavy as hell! You try to wall-mount it alone!!!! Gotta weigh at least 90 lb. :p

That is awesome man... wow. Are there two PC's in that encloser? Have any closep images? heh... Art with more than just asthetic purpose. :)

zeusenergy said:
[ IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~zeusenergy/framed/callisto1.jpg[/IMG]

Hey, I saw that in Popular Mechanics... congrats!

File server in Supermicro SC801 case= 100lbs loaded and 26lbs empty

Dual case mod with each a p3 quad xeon mb, 100 or more lbs.

ryuji said:
lol got a fork lift for that?

No kidding.
I thought my stacker was over loaded.
I would still say my CM stack runs in at 60 lbs

My main rig is probably ~50lbs, but my server is a fucking beast. Its a 6U and I suspect that when full, it weighs in at at least 80-90lbs.

Those pics are old, but it has 13 SCSI drives in it ATM.

Stacker. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 lbs. So much so I felt the need to have to put the wheels on it !!!!

stacker0319ng.jpg

im in the 90+/ super heavyweight category.

i cant put it on a scale, but just the YY cube full of drives gives me a backache, nevermind the 2 fibre arrays and battery unit.

cat not included.

comp.jpg

if we are counting displays as well i am using 2x19's and a 22 for the center, so theres another 165lbs right there :)

opus13 said:
im in the 90+/ super heavyweight category.

i cant put it on a scale, but just the YY cube full of drives gives me a backache, nevermind the 2 fibre arrays and battery unit.

cat not included.

comp.jpg

if we are counting displays as well i am using 2x19's and a 22 for the center, so theres another 165lbs right there :)

but the question everyon really wants to know... is how much does the cat weigh?
:)

Mine weighs about...35lbs...ish. Somewhere in that neighborhood, I'm not taking the damn thing out of its intricately woven spiderweb of wires and cables to weigh it to be exact.

im guessing my lian li [1hd, 2cd drives, heavy pcp&c psu] weights about 20-30 or so... pretty light... my system when in my old thermaltake v1420 must have weighted over 60 pounds.... huge difference in weight

I think the bare case is 60+ lbs, so with a dual cpu board, 14 hdds, and a 3 way redundant psu, its gotta be over 100lbs. I should weigh it some time.

DCP02634.jpg

SoulkeepHL said:
I think the bare case is 60+ lbs, so with a dual cpu board, 14 hdds, and a 3 way redundant psu, its gotta be over 100lbs. I should weigh it some time.

DCP02634.jpg
hahahaha i didnt even realize the black thing was a computer, i thought it was the end of the desk :p

40-50, it's an Antec Soho with all the fixins... I love the steel, but looking at some cases on here, I have it easy :D

Back