samsung 242mp 24" 8ms...

jwill

2[H]4U
so im at frys the other day checking out big LCDs and i stumble across this samsung model 242mp. now in the store it said it had a response time of 8ms. when i get home i want to get some more information on it and check out to see if any online retailers sell it as well.

so far i havent been able to find anymore information on it. ive checked samsungs website but that model came up as a multifunctional display and not the normal looking computer monitor i saw in the store (http://www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/multifunctiondisplays/242mp.asp).

has anyone heard of a 24" 8ms display by samsung or any other manufacturer out right now?

Spec wise it looks to be Samsung using their own 24" panel for the first time on one of their monitors. This panel first came out for the Dell 2405FPW, so hence the "8ms" response time. Although the colors, viewing angles and sharpness are great on this panel, if it's anything like the Dell, it's the "slowest" 8ms out there. In fact, I would like to see Tom's Hardware review the Dell 2405FPW to see really what the response times are.

MZ6 said:
In fact, I would like to see Tom's Hardware review the Dell 2405FPW to see really what the response times are.

Depend's how much Dell slips Tom under the table.

I have a 242mp. It is a very nice display. Awesome Samsung quality, beautiful color and contrast, and at 16ms it is a huge improvement over my 243T. The built in TV and FM tuners are kinda nice and I like the wide array of inputs available. The TV tuner allows you to watch TV in PIP mode while using another input. I use this to watch tv while I surf. Mine came with zero stuck or dead pixels. I checked with a magnifying glass. The only real problem with this display is the stand. It is not height adjustable or rotatable. I had to put it on a stand to make it a comfortable viewing height. The speakers are good enough to watch TV or listen to the radio with but they are nothing special. They come with brackets to mount them on the sides of the monitor or they have detachable bases so you can stand them on your desk. Overall I am very pleased with this monitor vs my beloved 243T. It was well worth the upgrade.

what im still wondering is why i cant find what i saw at frys on samsungs website or anywhere else. i saw a normal looking computer lcd display with no speakers and a different stand at frys then what the samsung list as model 242mp.

does anyone make a 24" widescreen display with 8ms response time?

the guy at frys who i talked to about the monitor said it was the first 8ms display that big. (not that i trust him)

Back