Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX SLI scores 22,000 in 3dmark05

And you got that barfed up quote from where? The link you provided doesn't contain it.

-edit- nm i found the thread. all rumorville folks.

well i cant be specific but around 300000000fps in ut2004 at 4bajillion in cs source.

Well, I say the G70 will hit 30,000 3DMarks on 2005, and that the R520 will only hit 29,999.

TIME FOR A MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION

robberbaron said:
Well, I say the G70 will hit 30,000 3DMarks on 2005, and that the R520 will only hit 29,999.

TIME FOR A MEANINGFUL DISCUSSION
LMAO :D

Thank god Leadtek will be one of the first ones out the door with these (if that guy is telling the truth.)

Leadtek has a customer for life since their cooling systems are so awesome. If it means nVidia cards only, so be it. My 6800GT will last me past this generation and probably the next in case the G70 is a lemon. My GeForce3 sure lasted me past the GeForce FX series :cool:

will this new gpu be available for an agp slot i dont care if i need to plug 4 molex connectors into it

demons9872 said:
will this new gpu be available for an agp slot i dont care if i need to plug 4 molex connectors into it
Actually whats been said is that there are no plans currently for APG but you know this could always change like it did with the 6600 series.

CrimandEvil said:
Actually whats been said is that there are no plans currently for APG but you know this could always change like it did with the 6600 series.

nVidia will do it since DFI is about to release an nForce3 S939 lanparty board. I'm pretty sure that the DFI-nVidia-AMD establishment (My computer is made out of this vicious empire :p) will do what they can to help eachother out. nVidia's support of AGP versions would be beneficial to DFI, and vice versa.

demons9872 said:

from what that guy on that forum says NO >.< wtf
oh well just means ill be getting a new PC this x-mass

My 9800se @ stock > 7800 series. GG fannies.

Wanna trade your 7800 for it? :p

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
My 9800se @ stock > 7800 series. GG fannies.

Wanna trade your 7800 for it? :p

~Adam

I have my friend's computer sitting on my bed. It has a GeForce 2MX and a 1.05 (yes, 10.5x100) Thunderbird Athlon CPU. It's stock voltage is 1.8v and does a 1:59.98 SuperPI 1M. How about that in exchange for that awesome 9800SE?

CleanSlate said:

What part dont you get? It's a 1.05ghz Athlon system, GeForce2MX, and does a just-below-2-minutes 1M SuperPI.

I was kidding about the trade though. My friend wouldn't be very happy.

Lets put it this way; if SLI 7800GTX's score 22k in 3dmark05 I will buy two :p

Well, I'm a poster at OcUK (I'm 'Duff-Man' there), and Gibbo *does* have a lot of contact with nvidia. He's been spot on in the past with most of what he's claimed.

That said, I still dount that this 22K claim will turn out to be true, for a 24pipe card. That would imply a minimum of 12K for a single card, which *significantly* outperforms a 32pipe 6800 SLI solution at stock, and even at equivalent clocks to the 7800GTX.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt still, but I can vouch for the source in general.

demons9872 said:

No - it's been confirmed that they won't. It's PCI-e only I'm afraid.

robberbaron said:

err - where did you get that from? :confused:

Arseface said:
Well, I'm a poster at OcUK (I'm 'Duff-Man' there), and Gibbo *does* have a lot of contact with nvidia. He's been spot on in the past with most of what he's claimed.

That said, I still dount that this 22K claim will turn out to be true, for a 24pipe card. That would imply a minimum of 12K for a single card, which *significantly* outperforms a 32pipe 6800 SLI solution at stock, and even at equivalent clocks to the 7800GTX.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt still, but I can vouch for the source in general.

Err, 32 pipes? Still only 16 cards with at most 512 megs of ram (512 cards, NOT 2x 256) and the same core speeds... Having two SLI'd cards doesn't add stuff (other than performance) because all of the textures are still loaded onto each cards equally.

As for "I believe" well, "I believe" that the Red Sox could win a few more pennants, but It ain't gonna happen my friends. :p

Project_2501 said:
Err, 32 pipes? Still only 16 cards with at most 512 megs of ram (512 cards, NOT 2x 256) and the same core speeds... Having two SLI'd cards doesn't add stuff (other than performance) because all of the textures are still loaded onto each cards equally.

The number of pipelines is the number of pixel-shader units running in parallel. If you have 2 16pipe cards running in parallel (with SLI or crossfire), then you have 32 parallel pipelines. Simple as that.

You could be thinking of memory. Since each card has to store the entire texture set, 2*256Mb cards are not 'a 512Mb card' - they're acting like a single 256Mb card with double the memory bandwidth.

As for 'I believe' - I think you might be reading too much into that guys. It's just a phrase. Gibbo will have heard about that score at least, or he would NOT have mentioned it. It is, however, possible that someone is feeding him porky pies (possibly even nvidia themselves :p ).

that said 18-19k could be more inline and 22k with a over clock seems ok...

Arseface said:

minimum of 12k? 22k/2 = ?

Whatever. Who really cares about 3dMarks anyway? I guess I never really understood.

Benchmarking is pretty pointless. If you think that its fast, then its fast. Some generated Number doesnt have to tell me that.

I am getting 2 of these BTW because I know that it will be tits, not because I want some cool number in some shitty program.

USMC2Hard4U said:
Whatever. Who really cares about 3dMarks anyway? I guess I never really understood.

Benchmarking is pretty pointless. If you think that its fast, then its fast. Some generated Number doesnt have to tell me that.

I am getting 2 of these BTW because I know that it will be tits, not because I want some cool number in some shitty program.

+1 Benchmarking videocard's is for lazy bean counters who want "performance" by numbers.
:rolleyes:

I don't like 3Dmark because it takes too long to play through, and I refuse to pay $30 for something I don't get to play.

I'll just go by what the FPS counters on my games say if I was ever that concerned.

I'm sure Nvidia and ATI are both tweaking their cards to have blowout 3dmark numbers, but will most likely only bench 60% better than the current generation in todays games. 3dmark is still the most accepted way of promoting their cards speed, and whatever company wins will enjoy lots of free promotion from media and financial institutions who don't know any better. Another words, fastest 3dmark score = $$millions$$ in free advertising.

Those numbers are getting higher and higher :D there should be a 3D mark 2007!! Using Unreal 3 like engine kind of graphics that'll show the next generation some real competition...

Back