trying something different this time

the snake

[H]ard|Gawd
i just got this done, put a quiet Panaflo 120mm fan running @ 12 volts on the side with a duct to the heat sink. i couldn't stand the 92mm tornado i had, even at like 3000 rpm.

made a duct to route the hot exhaust air up away from the intake since the back of the PC is against a wall.

much quieter now and about the same temps.

kinda ghetto but it seems to work :)

img_2394.jpg

img_2396.jpg

img_2399.jpg

img_2413.jpg

Lazaryn said:
Did you debibratly choose that angle for the first picture or was it by chance? Before I saw the other photos it looks like you completly stuck acrylic to one side of the fan not allowing air to go through and had placed the fan on a clear block.

Other than that it looks good. :)

i had to build a cardboard mold/template, my math skills are lacking.

it is easier for me to see it in real life example, then i can build it.

of course it doesn't fit exactly to the heat sink, i left a gap so if someone bumps the side panel it will not hit the heatsink too hard, a fudge factor if you will.

MrSlacker said:
very nicely done!

thank you, i wish i could find some weld bond # 4 locally instead of having to use a hot glue gun, them things are messy :)

the snake said:
i had to build a cardboard mold/template, my math skills are lacking.

it is easier for me to see it in real life example, then i can build it.

of course it doesn't fit exactly to the heat sink, i left a gap so if someone bumps the side panel it will not hit the heatsink too hard, a fudge factor if you will.
Don't worry. From what you showed us the skills are gaining momentum. That duct kicks boo-tay and looks fantastic attached to the side panel. I bet it helps to prevent the connections at the back of the machine from getting bumped against the wall too! A unique and creative mod. More people should be viewing this idea as it really does work and looks the part too :)

Back