bf2 nvidia drivers problem

when i install the drivers bundled with the bf2 demo, and then play a video, my comp lags to shit and the videos never actually open. the player opens (ive tried every player there is), then my comp goes to like .02 fps...

but if i use the drivers on nvidias site, videos run fine, but bf2 has big shadow splotches on the map.

it did this, and then i reformatted, and its still doing it.

help.

Well I'm not sure how to fix your specific problem, but you could always play with the older drivers and turn dynamic shadows off... Won't look as pretty but dynamic shadows, at least to me, are a less significant part of what makes a game look nice.

You don't actually say what card you've got.

Try doing a driver clean and install the "77.50" drivers, most people I've spoken to have found these to be the best for BF2

It won't cure the video problem however but that is probably some Purevideo nonsense trying to optimise them, hence installing your drivers after uninstalling and cleaning the old set.

Worst case just delete the .bik files and it'll take you straight past the videos into the gaming goodness therein.

HydrogenElf said:
when i install the drivers bundled with the bf2 demo, and then play a video, my comp lags to shit and the videos never actually open. the player opens (ive tried every player there is), then my comp goes to like .02 fps...

but if i use the drivers on nvidias site, videos run fine, but bf2 has big shadow splotches on the map.

it did this, and then i reformatted, and its still doing it.

help.

What kind of video files, and what codecs do you use?

Terra...

Any kinds of video files... dvds.. wmv...mpg... avi...

All video files, and it does it in all players.

Turn off dynamic shadows, use the officials until new officials come out and fix the shadow problem.

so now the "official" version of the drivers is out and still doing the exact same things.

when i open a vid of any file in any player it drops my comp to absurd speeds and i have to cntrl-alt-delete and end process it, which takes like 6 minutes to do.

when i revert to the old drivers.. no problems with vid at all, but big black splotches in bf2.

this is annoying.

mobo - asus a7v8x
proc - amd athlon xp 2700
ram - gig corsair 3200
vid card - geforce 6600 gt (agp)
sound - soundblaster live 5.1

i need videos to fkn work!

Iratus said:
Worst case just delete the .bik files and it'll take you straight past the videos into the gaming goodness therein.

I do not show any ".bik" files in the Demo folder. Where are these located?

Back