GeForce Lan Case Mods...(56Kk= wait a while)

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Here are the case mods from Nvidia's GeForce Lan 2.0

The Categories:

geforce.lan.2.35.JPG

geforce.lan.2.34.JPG

geforce.lan.2.53.JPG

geforce.lan.2.33.JPG

The Entrants:

geforce.lan.2.16.JPG

(Yeah, I was the only one entered)

geforce.lan.2.24.JPG

geforce.lan.2.25.JPG

The cpu's on the sides were able to be removed normally from their sockets.

geforce.lan.2.21.JPG

geforce.lan.2.22.JPG

geforce.lan.2.23.JPG

Hand made carbon fiber and custom made water blocks.

geforce.lan.2.27.JPG

geforce.lan.2.28.JPG

The granite and platic window were laser etched, the granite was also painted

geforce.lan.2.32.JPG

geforce.lan.2.31.JPG

geforce.lan.2.30.JPG

Standard premodded case and standard fare bling bling components.

geforce.lan.2.47.JPG

geforce.lan.2.48.JPG

geforce.lan.2.46.JPG

geforce.lan.2.49.JPG

geforce.lan.2.50.JPG

geforce.lan.2.51.JPG

The Fung Schway case.

geforce.lan.2.43.JPG

geforce.lan.2.45.JPG

geforce.lan.2.44.JPG

Its like a giant letter I.

geforce.lan.2.39.JPG

geforce.lan.2.40.JPG

geforce.lan.2.41.JPG

The Pyramid of Death!

geforce.lan.2.36.JPG

geforce.lan.2.37.JPG

The Wooden Cross.

geforce.lan.2.54.JPG

geforce.lan.2.55.JPG

geforce.lan.2.56.JPG

geforce.lan.2.57.JPG

The SFF of Evil.

geforce.lan.2.58.JPG

geforce.lan.2.60.JPG

geforce.lan.2.61.JPG

A typical manufactured acrylic case.

Winners:

Best Original Case: Fung Schway
Best Of Show: cpu/mobo box
Best Cable Management: evil sff
Best Silent Case: exposed frame

We won 7800GTX's

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!

You know...you don't need that card...you can just send it on over here...

Omg that would rock if you had no competition and you knew you just got a brand new 7800GTX! Thats funny.

wow...

most of those cases look like they were put together in 15 minutes. premods in a competition :D

p0stal said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!

You know...you don't need that card...you can just send it on over here...
:) :) :)

The SFF of Evil was pretty bad ass looking, I love red and black they just go so good together. I wanted that to be the theme of my case but the cathodes I bought said red but look pink :(

Acrylic cases almost seem impossible to properly manage cables.

All I know is that acrylic case pictured above looked like it was put together a few minutes before entry.

What brands were the cards?

SuddenDemise said:
:)

The SFF of Evil was pretty bad ass looking, I love red and black they just go so good together. I wanted that to be the theme of my case but the cathodes I bought said red but look pink :(

you know that easter egg plastic wrap stuff? get it in red and wrap it around the cathodes, it will look red :)

W0W seems like some of the winners could have been SMOKED
by cases that member around here have.
That Cable Managemnt one was a joke.
I could have won that over that other guy.... :rolleyes:

if liquid_cooled entered in his old case, he woulda won all the awards :p

Anyone else notice that the standard acrylic case doesn't even have a CPU installed?

Maybe I'm just grousing...

Anyway... My picks would have been the Carbon Fiber Project and the Pyramid, for Best of Show.

Very nicely done.

WTF Mang??? The cable management cases were a joke. Zipties around some sleeved wires? And no CPU in the socket??? And the SFF, how can you tell what the management looked like with the cover on??? Pretty sad really, but congrats on the win for the silence.

A few of those took some effort, but the rest are pretty funny.

yeah - well - that was mine with the bling bling components... and because I was the only spectator who signed up for the case mod thing, I was kind of bored after 4 hours of wandering around the area... and because I -should- have gone in the best cable management cat, even though I have seen so many machines that would STOMP in that area in this forum, so I was scared to go there, but it would have been the best fit for my machine in retrospect, being that it was in a pre-modded case... so the only thing it had to offer was cool lighting and wire managment fun... and again, my wire management is not the best, but I did take quite a bit of time to make it as neat as possible, while leaving enough exposed to make it look like a UV amusement park of sorts and keeping air flow @ the max... that was what they were judging for I think. anyways...

So, yeah - I saw the cpu/mobo mod machine I was up against. who I was sure he would win, so I took my pc and went home... I was tired anyways, and was not down for 8 more hours of standing around to get a T-shirt. lol. I had a feeling GTX's were up for the prizes also, and didn't event want to get my hopes up that I would win... not best in show.. that was for sure, and that was my bad. I will choose my catagory more appropriately if I enter such a thing again...

Man - I saw your lone PC there for best silent solution and thought "that guy is lucky". That mod comp was sort of a joke, IMHO... but the event as a whole looked awesome... very well run, great prizes, good people, etc...

Best cable management? there isnt even a cpu in the rig. WTF? Looks like somebody puked green spaghetti!

I like the girl, needs the nude patch though..

Best silent case? A lubic? Another WTF

Best of show, a BORG lubic, sweetness..

best cable management? by who, a seven year old? you've got to be kidding me... :confused:

geforce.lan.2.58.JPG

ozziegn said:
best cable management? by who, a seven year old? you've got to be kidding me... :confused:
zip tie != cable management :p

Best Cable Management winner should draw a reaction like: "Dude, where did you put your wires?"

(All this time square-braiding molex bundles, and all I really needed were UC-reactive zip tries...)

Even my cable management is better than that acrylic case's management, and I'm 13...

What's even funnier with that case with the best cable managment, is that there is almost nothing in it besides fans and lights.... I don't even see a processor.

Oh wait! I do see a CD rom drive and a hard drive! :D

I think I could have entered my comp. in the cable management group...I guess the guy had a different idea of what cable management is..

Well for the quiet case...if there was a tie for "quietness" then the tie breaker would be the
highest 3DMark05 score. So I got choose a Leadtek 6800le to go with my P4 3.06.

The gpu fan reminds me of my 80mm Delta during POST but when windows loads up it
slows down a good amount (no high pitch whine) about the same dB. as one of my i8200
laptop fans. The Zalman 6000Cu is always at its lowest speed and the Enermax 438w
Whisper PSU has no running fans in it anymore.

With the 77.30 drivers from BF2, its scores around mid 3400's (all stock).
There was a second name that I saw in the category but they never showed up.
My clan and I were all joking that I still probably lost...but it booted
and it was especially mentioned during the Nvidia presentation.

As far as what brand of 7800 we won, I dont know... I gave my contact info to Phil (nvidia rep)
and havent heard from him yet. :(

I also won an Antec 550W True Control 2.0 psu + Antec External USB Light Tube (green) and a Logitech MX518 from the raffel tickets.

Nvidia, PDXLan and all the sponsors really threw one hell of a lan party.

omfg, those cases suck!!!! if i still had my Super Clean Water Cooled Dream Machine...

i think i could have won best cable management, quietest case, and maybe best of show... $#%^$#@^ !!!! i want a 7800 GTX, those b@stards. F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck

Liquid_Cooled said:
omfg, those cases suck!!!! if i still had my Super Clean Water Cooled Dream Machine...

i think i could have won best cable management, quietest case, and maybe best of show... $#%^$#@^ !!!! i want a 7800 GTX, those b@stards. F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck
Pictures?

I could have won best cable management too, my case is super clean.

Yeah - throw down or shut it... I had my case in there... and I don't think it SUCKS, it's a pre-modded case, but the insides are fairly swanky. eh.. opinions vary.. :) anyways..

EDIT: you were only able to enter one catagory... you would have taken best silent solution, no prob... and best wire management, but not both at the same time, and I doubt best in show.. imo. I think I remember seeing pics of your machine.. it was nice though.. I was kicking myself for not going for best wire management,, otherwise I would prolly be sitting on an 7800GTX now.. lol. oh well...

Liquid_Cooled said:

exactly wat i said about ur comp :p

That cable management is a joke. I'm glad it's already been covered though.

If I new there was a 7800 in store for someone just to have good cable management I would be all over that. How many people came to the lan? 10? Surely there were better looking computers than the prefab with a TT Tower and some rounded IDE cables.

I think Im going to cut an ATI logo in the side of my case, and bring it to an nvidia mod contest :D

Just to be fare, use the "Nvidia killer inside" logo. (the intel logo photoshopped.

Borgschulze said:
Pictures?

I could have won best cable management too, my case is super clean.

Liquid_Cooled's Case was the most spotless case I (and everyone else) have ever seen.
Hell that thread of your's LC is still bumping around!
You would have won a few awards thats for sure.

Maybe I'm asking too much but I'd like to see more effort put into cases. The carbon fiber one looked nice but then I saw the cdrom just sitting inside so you had to open the lid to use it. That's not right. The cdrom wasn't even painted.

Just makes me sad :(

I dunno, the creativity is there but it's the style that isn't.

Qtip42 said:
Maybe I'm asking too much but I'd like to see more effort put into cases. The carbon fiber one looked nice but then I saw the cdrom just sitting inside so you had to open the lid to use it. That's not right. The cdrom wasn't even painted.

Just makes me sad :(

I dunno, the creativity is there but it's the style that isn't.

Well not everyone has the creative talent you have. But ya I only liked 2 of what I saw and what you are working on now should be 10x better then them. :)

ozziegn said:

geforce.lan.2.58.JPG

QUOTE FOR MORE TRUTH THAN well any truth ive ever herd before!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :confused:

soulsaver_8229

N H O said:
exactly wat i said about ur comp :p

N H OWNED am i rite?! :p

yeah Liqud had a nice set up, cleanest/nicest ive seen for someone who dosent seem to be a [H]ard core case modder..........tho people over do their reactions to his case IMO :p

soulsaver_8229

why would people over do their reactions? people dont "over do" their reactions with my case, thats how they really feel about it. :cool:

Back