2405 - with a slight tilt?

waterboy787

Limp Gawd
All -

Just got my Dell 2405, and wanted to see if anyone has the same problem. I may be just paranoid..but the Dell physically is very slightly tilted to the right...like the right side is heavier.

I've tried remounting it on its stand but no luck. Anyone have this issue??

I don't think you're the only one with that problem. Over a neowin.net some guy posted a picture of his workstation and he had a little stack of post-it notes under the right side of the stand to level it out.

It has a tendency to sag a little to the right since that's the direction in which it pivots. If you push it to the left hard enough, it should level out.

ToastyX said:
It has a tendency to sag a little to the right since that's the direction in which it pivots. If you push it to the left hard enough, it should level out.
It's rather because it's a bit heavier on that side.

i got the 2405 when it 1st came out and i noticed it right away....ask for a replacement from dell and they will send u one...from there u can switch swivels in diff combinations...my sagging swivel worked well with a diff display and vice versa....i think some fit differently on different displays. i found the tilt more annoying than a dead pixel because symmetry is alot more noticeable

Sagging is normal, either put a piece of paper under the stand or tilt the monitor to the left and hold it for a few minutes, that's what I did and it solved most of the sagging. Just make sure you don't use too much force and break the joint.

alright. sounds like its normal across the board. *sigh of relief*

Thought I'd have to return the baby..no dead pixels on this one. Thanks!

Mine does the same thing. It's slight but I can notice it. I would never return it for that reason since I have no other problems like dead pixels or backlight issues.

delta

Back