Complaining about BF2 here is ridiculous.

Devourer

Weaksauce
I find it totally ridiculous that you people are complaining about BF2 on a hardware site. Even if said hardware site has a gaming forum. Why on earth would Dice or EA browse this forum when its hard enough to keep up with the constant threads on there own forums, Planet Battlefield with there BF2 forum, & all the other BF2 sites forums!?!?!?

If you want the best chance at being heard & something being done about it please go to the following.

EA BF2 Forum = http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=943ae241368e6b0adf9d87a874ca1fae

Planet BF2 = http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/

Total BF2 = http://forums.totalbf2.com/

If you people think you have problems you really need to be on these sites. & if you would like to see a really serious bug with video please have a look at this link. This thread also has a link to a list of negatives posted by an EA staff. So do look at it. http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1680612

We all want the game patched as soon as possible but you need to take complaints to the sites that will get the best chance of being seen by those who actually work on the game.

It's called, We're having a discussion amongst ourselves, and trying to help eachother.

If we want EA to hear about it, we will submit support tickets or whatever you do (the guy in the other post was talking about how he sent one and they deleted his account)

So when you admin your own forum, then you can ban everyone for talking on subject. Until then, we can freely collaborate and debate amongst ourselves about a particular game if we so desire. Don't like the thread? DONT READ IT!

I kind of expected to be buying bf2 beta full even after playing bf2 beta demo

thats the way bf1942 was and the way bf vietnam was... they rease a beta product and finish the game via patches... this finances them to finish the game the way it was meant without having to take forever and without the risk of running out of budeet to finish the game before it's on the shelves

I think it's a on purpose buisness model and think about if duke nukem forever was done this way we would have been playing that along time ago....

wfalcon said:
So when you admin your own forum, then you can ban everyone for talking on subject. Until then, we can freely collaborate and debate amongst ourselves about a particular game if we so desire. Don't like the thread? DONT READ IT!
Its not about liking the thread. Its about directing complaints to those that are in direct contact with the game that is being complained about. If I have a problem with my BMW I am not going to come to the [H] Cars thread & write a complaint directed at BMW in hopes they will see it & fix the problem. I might ask in that thread if any1 has the same issue & knows how to fix it but I wouldn't be asking BMW....

Devourer said:
Its not about liking the thread. Its about directing complaints to those that are in direct contact with the game that is being complained about. If I have a problem with my BMW I am not going to come to the [H] Cars thread & write a complaint directed at BMW in hopes they will see it & fix the problem. I might ask in that thread if any1 has the same issue & knows how to fix it but I wouldn't be asking BMW....

But if I'm in a car enthusiast forum, I might bitch about how much a particular car sucks or their customer service in hopes of passing on my wisdom to others contemplating buying one. (ie, the Ford Aspire - after you get one, you ASPIRE to get something else)

wfalcon said:
But if I'm in a car enthusiast forum, I might bitch about how much a particular car sucks or their customer service in hopes of passing on my wisdom to others contemplating buying one. (ie, the Ford Aspire - after you get one, you ASPIRE to get something else)

The game rules

wfalcon said:
True. But you wouldn't write it in direction to the maker. I think you would write it more like. (Don't buy Firestone tires cuz they explode at 60 mph & end up killing the driver & any1 else in the car after doing 16 end over end flips as a result.)

You wouldn't write it like (Fuck you Firestone! I bought your shitty tires, they exploded on the highway at 60 mph while my wife was driving the kids home from soccor practice! They all died! FUCK YOU FIRESTONE! I hope you all rot in hell! I'll never buy your shitty tires again!)

Edit: Anyway. The point is. Discuss problems in hopes of finding out the cure. But if your going to complain about the game especially when its something that can't be fixed without a patch. Take it to the proper forum that will be most effective.

Devourer said:
True. But you wouldn't write it in direction to the maker. I think you would write it more like. (Don't buy Firestone tires cuz they explode at 60 mph & end up killing the driver & any1 else in the car after doing 16 end over end flips as a result.)

You wouldn't write it like (Fuck you Firestone! I bought your shitty tires, they exploded on the highway at 60 mph while my wife was driving the kids home from soccor practice! They all died! FUCK YOU FIRESTONE! I hope you all rot in hell! I'll never buy your shitty tires again!)

Edit: Anyway. The point is. Discuss problems in hopes of finding out the cure. But if your going to complain about the game especially when its something that can't be fixed without a patch. Take it to the proper forum that will be most effective.

Point taken. I was just saying the forum could be used as a collaboration tool to get a feel on what everyone thinks of idea X. Admittedly it would ultimately have to be presented in a forum that the developer actually reads.

Jesus_Faction said:
d00d stop complaining about complainers

QFT.. This is a gaming section. On a hardware site. I like to get the opinions of other dudes that are tech heads like myself. For games, I read here. For general stuff I read general mayhem.

Sometimes the bitching ends up with someone offering up a hardware related solution. Or a workaround or something cool like unlocking weapons or stopping the annoying startup movies. Things that only a hardware focused tech head might come up with.

I've posted bitches about BF2 on Fileplanet. For some stuff I like to see what other [H]ard dudes think.

I think you're reaching pretty far with your point.

I mighta bought this beta yesterday if not for all the complainers in these forums letting me know what shape it's in. I like the complainers. Thanx guys, you saved me $30 ( I bought Farcry instead...finally ) :D

I've never tried playing it online. Last I read, it's only a 2 on 2 type thing. The only thing I didn't like about Far Cry, is you couldn't save a game. You always have to start over from the beginning, which made me give up on one mission. :(

IMHO, graphics and game play in Far Cry are unequaled.

I like it when people start angry posts about games, for two reasons. You get people that despise the game, and detail every aspect of their negative experience. Following this are the people that devotely defend the game, and praise every positive aspect that there is; I'm just waiting for someone to mention that one of BF2's saving graces is the font used, or something along those lines. By reading what these two groups have to say, I can determine how the game likely plays. It's not like many of the major games review sites are any good at reviewing games anymore.

About directing complaints to the company that is responsible for unleasing the product, well, it is useful in that it demonstrates the level of rage that the customer has. No, it's unlikely that EA will pay attention to their rant, let alone be aware of it, but it lets the rest of the [H]orde know about the company and its practices. Sorta like a family get-together where everyone generally bitches about life, letting the rest of the family know about the schmucks that are in the area... :p

Devourer said:
I find it totally ridiculous that you people are complaining about BF2 on a hardware site. Even if said hardware site has a gaming forum.

Let me be the first to say:

"Who gives a fuck what you think"

What are you doing here? Go jump in one of those links and help mankind, or whatever it is your tryin' to do.

WickedAngel said:
Complaining...about complaining.

Am I the only one who thinks that doesn't make sense?

No, someone else mentioned it earlier :p

Devourer... like head in arse devoured? :eek:

Back