BFG 7800GTX from ZZF - About to get mad...

azzkikur

Bad Trader
I ordered my BFG 7800GTX and 2GB of ram on Sunday night from ZZF. Yesterday morning it showed the BFG card out of stock. My ram shipped out yesterday, Monday. My 7800GTX is still showing "Packed". I'm going to be pissed if they said they had the cards in stock and didn't. I've got a long weeked coming up, and was planning on playing with my new card.

Anyone else order a BFG 7800GTX from ZZF and having a similar problem?

I ordered the card the first day they were available.. it still showed that they had them in stock.

My order did not ship on the day that I placed it, and it remained as 'Processing' the entire day. This was fine, since I assumed it would be shipped the next day. Well, the next day comes and my status goes to 'Packed.' I call ZZF to verify the status of my order, and the lady told me it was going to ship. Well, I wait all day, and the status remained @ 'Packed.' I never received an email, no tracking number, nothing. Since I've read that sometimes the order goes out and the site doesn't update, I was hoping I'd get the card the next day. (I payed for next-day shipping)

Next morning, I still don't have an email, and my order still shows as 'Packed.' I call them up again, and now the lady tells me the card is on backorder. So I cancel my order and that's that. Called up MPC to verify their stock, spoke to a very friendly person and ordered my card. (I now have the card installed)

I apologize for rambling, but I've always heard good things about ZZF, and this was my first experience with them, and the last. How can something be 'packed' if it isn't in stock. The lack of communication was frustrating. Good luck on getting your card.

- D.

datamage said:
.. Called up MPC to verify their stock, spoke to a very friendly person and ordered my card. (I now have the card installed)

I can usually pick these things up, but who is MPC? Debating between the BFG and the Leadtek and finding another good vendor is always nice. (Especially seeing how ZZF and NewEgg are OOS)

Regards,
fastgeek

datamage said:
I ordered the card the first day they were available.. it still showed that they had them in stock.

My order did not ship on the day that I placed it, and it remained as 'Processing' the entire day. This was fine, since I assumed it would be shipped the next day. Well, the next day comes and my status goes to 'Packed.' I call ZZF to verify the status of my order, and the lady told me it was going to ship. Well, I wait all day, and the status remained @ 'Packed.' I never received an email, no tracking number, nothing. Since I've read that sometimes the order goes out and the site doesn't update, I was hoping I'd get the card the next day. (I payed for next-day shipping)

Next morning, I still don't have an email, and my order still shows as 'Packed.' I call them up again, and now the lady tells me the card is on backorder. So I cancel my order and that's that. Called up MPC to verify their stock, spoke to a very friendly person and ordered my card. (I now have the card installed)

I apologize for rambling, but I've always heard good things about ZZF, and this was my first experience with them, and the last. How can something be 'packed' if it isn't in stock. The lack of communication was frustrating. Good luck on getting your card.

- D.

Good call. Lots of people have had ZZF show it as "packed" for a week or two without even having it in stock.

My BFG 7800GTX shipped out last night. Tracking shows it to be here Wed. I ordered it about 11am Saturday. It was OOS Friday, checked Sat morning about 7am, and it was in. Made a bank run.. came back and ordered it.

I ordered my BFG on wed. it showed packed the whole next day it finally shiped on friday and I got it monday.

This sounds pretty funny, but I actually ordered my 7800s from bestbuy.com. they had the same prices (599) and had them in stock.

azzkikur said:
I ordered my BFG 7800GTX and 2GB of ram on Sunday night from ZZF. Yesterday morning it showed the BFG card out of stock. My ram shipped out yesterday, Monday. My 7800GTX is still showing "Packed". I'm going to be pissed if they said they had the cards in stock and didn't. I've got a long weeked coming up, and was planning on playing with my new card.

remember, newegg and zzf use first come and serve. seem like u r the last person in the line to get it.

fastgeek said:
I can usually pick these things up, but who is MPC? Debating between the BFG and the Leadtek and finding another good vendor is always nice. (Especially seeing how ZZF and NewEgg are OOS)

Regards,
fastgeek
I would suppose MPC is monarch. It seems that all the BFGs are OOS??? I can understand why. I have a 6800 Ultra from BFG,its sweet. If you cant get a BFG Id suggest eVGA. They have excellent service, 2 year warranty and a program where you can trade up if nVidia comes up with a better or newer card within 90 days. You can also order directly from them on their site. Any order before 3PM pacific goes out that day!!! They have not once shown OOS. I have one of their 6600GT and it has performed well. Good luck. :D

I had the same problem with my order at zzf. I ordered when it said it was in stock then it got put on backorder. I called up and canceled my order and went to newegg.

azzkikur said:

I had the same problem the last 2 times i ordered something from them. It took them 2 days before they even shipped my parts. I think they dont have the item in stock even though they say they do,and they have to get it and thats why it takes longer. They dont want to miss out on a sale so they tell you they have it when they dont. I quit buying from them because of that, there are plenty of other places to buy from with equal prices and better shipping.

BigDaddy85 said:
remember, newegg and zzf use first come and serve. seem like u r the last person in the line to get it.
Ehh, that defeats the whole point of "Being in Stock". I shouldn't be in a line. They said they had it in stock, I paid them $619.00 for my card, and now it's not getting shipped. I'm calling them today when they open. If it doesn't ship today I guess I'll cancel it.

Anyone seen any BFG 7800GTX's in stock any where else?

I would doubt it at best buys around here lol. They were supposed to have the 6800s in but they NEVER got them. Plus the guys that work at best buy are noobs.

RoosterUSMC said:
I ordered my BFG on wed. it showed packed the whole next day it finally shiped on friday and I got it monday.

Ditto, ordered Wed, shipped Fri, and will arrive today. Based on whats happened with these and the X2s they first posted, it doesn't look wise to order from ZZF a new, in demand item that could be sold out.

I'll probably be in the same boat. I ordered on Saturday and it still shows packed. I will give them a call and see what's going on.

*Edit: I just called, they said it shipped out yesterday (Monday) but it takes up to 24 hours for the status on the website to change. I ordered it rather late on Saturday for those of you curious (around 9:30 pm central time).

Ald

Ok, just verified it. ZZF has been selling cards they don't have. Just called them and they don't even know when it will be back in stock. :mad: That really pisses me off. If I can find it somewhere else, I'll definitely be canceling this order. Looks like they just lost my business from now on.

BigDaddy85 said:
mmm how many ppl r buyin 7800GTX? 80% of nvidia fans? :p

Actually, I'm a big 3dfx fan :p Too bad they went down the toilet... :eek:

I own all three companies graphics cards so I can't say I'm a nvidia fan ;)

Ald

oh yea good ol 3dfx, i miss em.

also i am more of ati fan, and i am very impressive with nvidia's archieture on that 7800GTX card. rite now i am lookin forward for R520 and other next generation card from ATI. :)

BigDaddy85 said:

Sorry if I offended any one, but in my area, almost all of the people that work at bestbuy are. They act like they know what their talking about when in reality they have no friggin clue. :p

Devnull said:
Good call. Lots of people have had ZZF show it as "packed" for a week or two without even having it in stock.

The 7800 hasn't been out for 2 weeks.

I ordered mine the day of release from ZZF at around 10am and had it the next day at 10-11am. :eek:

Homer said:
good call

lol

:D

I used to work at Best Buy as well and share your feelings about them. That's why I left. LOL

I also used to work for CompUSA and they weren't much better, although some of the tech guys were pretty damn good. That's probably why they all left and got new jobs. lmao

Homer said:
Sorry if I offended any one, but in my area, almost all of the people that work at bestbuy are. They act like they know what their talking about when in reality they have no friggin clue. :p
that's true of bestbuy and compusa employee. they got pwned by geeks and gamers over billion of times. :D

Arklight said:
:D

I used to work at Best Buy as well and share your feelings about them. That's why I left. LOL

I also used to work for CompUSA and they weren't much better, although some of the tech guys were pretty damn good. That's probably why they all left and got new jobs. lmao

Yeah, I used to bring in computers to get fixed and upgraded at bestbuy, then I realized I could do it myself for free and fun, instead of paying some guy 50 bucks to shove a stick of ram onto the board. I had a problem once where the machine locked up on this install (its a long story) and I couldnt get out of it even after rebooting. Took it to bestbuy, the guy looks at it and hes like, "Did you try clicking cancel?" Well no shit we clicked cancel, we clicked every damn thing there was to click.

Last time we went there for computer problems.

Cant wait to get my 7800s from...... dun dun dun.... bestbuy.com :p

Homer said:
Yeah, I used to bring in computers to get fixed and upgraded at bestbuy, then I realized I could do it myself for free and fun, instead of paying some guy 50 bucks to shove a stick of ram onto the board. I had a problem once where the machine locked up on this install (its a long story) and I couldnt get out of it even after rebooting. Took it to bestbuy, the guy looks at it and hes like, "Did you try clicking cancel?" Well no shit we clicked cancel, we clicked every damn thing there was to click.

Last time we went there for computer problems.

LOL

Not many people know this, but Best Buy's tech department was not always certified. Therefore, when people would bring their computers in under warranty, Best Buy would have to send the computer to the manufacture to get fixed so as too not void that waranty......sometimes it took a month or longer to have the computer returned. lmao!

Arklight said:
LOL

Not many people know this, but Best Buy's tech department was not always certified. Therefore, when people would bring their computers in under warranty, Best Buy would have to send the computer to the manufacture to get fixed so as too not void that waranty......sometimes it took a month or longer to have the computer returned. lmao!

omfg lmfao. Took my dell in there right.. few years ago. They did a whole bunch of upgrades, try to get on dells tech support and sure enough they wouldnt help any more because bestbuy screwd up the warranty, not telling us of course.

Homer said:
omfg lmfao. Took my dell in there right.. few years ago. They did a whole bunch of upgrades, try to get on dells tech support and sure enough they wouldnt help any more because bestbuy screwd up the warranty, not telling us of course.

Yep, that's how it usually went!

I was goign to work in their tech department but I didn't have an A+ certification. They told me, "oh, that's no big deal...we're not certified anyways". LOL!!!

I decided against working for their tech dept. after that.

mmm how many ppl r buyin 7800GTX? 80% of nvidia fans?

What was the point of that? Completely useless. I actually went from a 9700 Pro -> X800XT -> 7800 GTX. I'm loyal to no company and will get what I feel is best.

azzkikur, Sorry to hear that man. Look around, I'm sure other places will get it in stock soon. Oh and MPC is http://www.mpcparts.com -- the site isn't the friendliest around, but they got the job done on getting me what I ordered.

Actually, I'll make it easier; Here's what you want. I'd call their Factory Outlet first to make sure they still have it in stock. I'm not sure how accurate that inventory is on the site.

- D.

BigDaddy85 said:
oh yea good ol 3dfx, i miss em.
me too :(
I remember after I got my Voodoo 5 all that was on 3dfx's site was a link to nVidia's site, and I was like wtf is nVidia? And that's basically why I use nVidia still, just because 3dfx had it on their site, lol.

Sigh.. update from ZFF. So I called again.. yes again.. :rolleyes: just to make sure and what do you know, I get a different answer! Yay for backorders and them not telling you about it and for the first sales person to tell me it shipped yesterday. Go figure.. ah well. :p

Ald

Homer said:
This sounds pretty funny, but I actually ordered my 7800s from bestbuy.com. they had the same prices (599) and had them in stock.

Hello tax.

fallguy said:
Hello tax.

Yes, very true, there was tax (which is a bitch with expensive stuff), but the cards were priced right, and they were in stock.

breadman said:
For some people in CA the $20 difference in BB and Newegg would make it worth it.

True. However you can order PC parts from other states than CA... I just have a hard time playing tax anymore, when Ive been used to not for so long with PC parts. Especially on a $600 part.

I got an email saying they had 10 7800GTX's in stock, and "If I'm lucky", I'll get one of those. I called them back, and the guy said I should recieve an email tonight if it ships, and to call them back right before they close. I then told him if I didn't get that email, I was taking my money somewhere else.

This whole thing has really soured my view of ZZF. They sell me a backordered item, tell me that if I'm lucky I'll get the card I payed for, and to top it off, takes hours to get through to them over the phone. I'm definitely gonna cancel my order and leave some very negative reviews of them If my card doesn't ship today. :mad:

Yea... ZFF has been dissapointing. I just went ahead and cancelled my order because their attitude was more *we might get it to you by the end of the week*. Instead, someone posted the 579.99 deal and I jumped for that and made sure the guy shipped it today! :p

Ald

Back