High Res pics of my new BFG 7800GTX

azzkikur

Bad Trader
Got my baby in from D & J Computer. I can't say enough great things about these guys. Great price, great communication, and great customer service. In the 2 days from ordering to delivery I exchanged almost 20 emails with them. They we're constantly updating me and keeping me in the loop on what was going on with my card. It's great to get such good customer service, especially after getting such terrible service from ZZF. A++++ Retailer!!

Ok, onto my first impressions. AMAZING CARD!!! I was having trouble running Battlefield 2 on my x800xl at 1280x960 on medium settings. I popped this baby in, and now I can run it at 1600x1200 with everything maxed and 4xAA. And it's as smooth as butter!! Also played CS: Source at 1600x1200, Max setting, 6xAA, 16xAF and was getting 70 FPS!! I've done lots of upgrading the last 10 years since I really became a computer enthusiast, but I've never seen such a jump in performance. It's just amazing being able to play pretty much any game at max settings. Ok, enough ranting. Here are some high res pics I took of the card. Before I got it, I was searching for high res pics of the card, packaging, and contents but couldn't find anything. Hope these help, and make sure you look at the little letter BFG included in the box. Pretty cool. Enjoy!!

Edit: I also scored an 8538 in 3Dmark05. Can probably get higher, but why? :D

NIce!!! Just like mine.. congrats awesome toy to play with during the nice weekend.. :D

Kewl,

Im just waiting for New Egg to get them back in stock. I have my new 2 gig corsair Xms Platinum and Asus A8n SLI Premium waiting for the 7800GTX.

Isnt it funny, exiled is sitting right here next to me laughing because i dont have one yet :) Im still debating whether or not to take one home and write it off as a business expense... Sure we all need a 7800 GTX to do paperwork on :) I want a BFG one to but you guys bought em all :)

Grahxen

I wish i was rich, that thing costs almost half of what my whole computer cost, well props to you for making me drool :p

I just find it amusing that you've got the most powerful desktop graphics card in the world (as of right now) in your machine, and yet your Venice is only overclocked to 2.4GHz. Even my sister's Venice is overclocked to 2.8GHz and she's a girl ;)

P.S. Well, I did build her system myself :D

You didnt mention the price D & J had on this card. I suspect they will get some heavy traffic soon.

Farcry comes with the BFG 7800 GTX? I did not get that with mine? Time to call BFG and see what they say.

AznAnarchy99 said:
nice but i would need a whole system overhaul just to get a pci-e card = (
Exactly, I have enough for the card, just not enough for the motherboard(pci-e) and new proc.(which I would get if I upgraded)

Nice card and all, but you got some serrious bottlenecks in that rig.........but nice 05 score man, mad props for spending that much cash.............btw i need upgrades.......dad......;)

soulsaver_8229

AznAnarchy99 said:
nice but i would need a whole system overhaul just to get a pci-e card = (

Waaaa... me too. And with tution rearing its evil face it looks like i will have to skip this generation. Unless i want to live on ramens for a month again like i did last time.

Lord_Anselhelm said:
I just find it amusing that you've got the most powerful desktop graphics card in the world (as of right now) in your machine, and yet your Venice is only overclocked to 2.4GHz. Even my sister's Venice is overclocked to 2.8GHz and she's a girl ;)

LMAO - I'm thinking about sig'ing that line....

I was a little annoyed that no games came with my eVGA. The tshirt is cool tho. ;)

I love my 7800GTX. I bought the XFX model. I liked the the t-shirt and the free gamepad is exellent. Finally nvidia got smart and added vivo to the top line cards. My only disapointment is the fact that we have to buy the purevideo.

My Specs:
Zalman 7700cu
Athlon 64 X2 4200+@ 2.6
ASUS A8N SLI Premium
XFX 7800GTX@500/1300(and LOVING it)
1GIG OCZ EL Platinum 3200@2-2-2-5-1T
74GIG Raptor
200GIG WD
120GIG WD
Antec True Power 2.0 550

yes,yes very nice! I got the eVGA model sitting in its nice box because I have to wait on upgrages to go PCI-e. But what the hell, I decided to get ASUS SLI-deluxe, another GiG of RAM, an FX-57 and a pc power and cooling 510-sli. Its only money. Hope it will last through the next generation of vid cards! :D Yes congrats, front page news. pretty cool.

kingsleytim said:
So did it come with far cry in box or is that the store bonus?
It came in the box, which is a nice little bonus.

munkle said:
I wish i was rich, that thing costs almost half of what my whole computer cost, well props to you for making me drool
Army pay has went up a lot, but I definitely wouldn't call me rich. I work hard, and I like to play hard. Which means I need [H]ard toys.

Lord_Anselhelm said:
I just find it amusing that you've got the most powerful desktop graphics card in the world (as of right now) in your machine, and yet your Venice is only overclocked to 2.4GHz. Even my sister's Venice is overclocked to 2.8GHz and she's a girl

P.S. Well, I did build her system myself
Oh, come on. :D Give me a day or too to get this new system figured out

zender said:
You didnt mention the price D & J had on this card. I suspect they will get some heavy traffic soon.
I paid $579 for the BFG from D & J Computers!!!

soulsaver_8229 said:
Nice card and all, but you got some serrious bottlenecks in that rig.........but nice 05 score man, mad props for spending that much cash.............btw i need upgrades.......dad......;)
What bottlenecks?? Great processor with good overclocking, 2 gigs of the best memory, best video card, best hard drives, great platform. Is my floppy drive the wrong speed? Anyway, I'm getting an X2 soon. I don't know what I'll do with any more power, most games don't support higher than 1600x1200. :p

Arkanian said:
Nice dude this is on the Frontpage. :D
Cool, I was very suprised to click over to [H] and see something I wrote on the first page. It's actually the 2nd thing I've had on the frontpage, the first being that poll I did on the Battlefield 2 demo.

Anyone know if this will fit in an SN25P? My BFG 6800GT OC fits fine but it's a little tight when it comes to installing and removing the card.

Um, I have a 9800 pro, and have no problem running BF 2 @ 1680x1050 at slightly-higher-than-medium settings. You should RMA that x800xl... :confused:

Obi_Kwiet said:
Um, I have a 9800 pro, and have no problem running BF 2 @ 1680x1050 at slightly-higher-than-medium settings. You should RMA that x800xl... :confused:

It's all relative.. What framerates are you getting? Some people can play FPS games at 25 frames per second, I can't stand anything under 60.

Talonz said:
It's all relative.. What framerates are you getting? Some people can play FPS games at 25 frames per second, I can't stand anything under 60.

I'm like that too.
Anything lower then like 40-50is is bad to me, because i can notice the slow down and it annoys me.

Congrats on your new card azzkikur I know you will like it. :)
But, I do have to say I think the eVGA card is the sexyist. :D

I got the BFG 7800 GTX OC as well, and it runs at 489 / 1356. It's awesome! I just got 8518 in 3DMark05, and Guild Wars pretty much can't run at anything but 60fps. At 1600x1200. With 4x AA.

rolo said:
I got the BFG 7800 GTX OC as well, and it runs at 489 / 1356. It's awesome! I just got 8518 in 3DMark05, and Guild Wars pretty much can't run at anything but 60fps. At 1600x1200. With 4x AA.
I just ran it at 489 / 1351 and got 8538. This cards is awesome. :D

you know setting AA in CS:S/HL2 to 6x turns AA off since it doesn't support it

Damn, that thing costs more than my entire computer did. I envy you... :(

azzkikur, make sure u go into the advanced settings and enable gamma corrected AA and MSAA if you want grass and bushes to be AA'd.

Nice front page linkage....

QJ

P.S. My biggest jump ever was when I went from my Voodoo3 2000 to my Asus 7700 Geforce 2 GTS.

$600 is 2 months' rent for me.

I wish I could skip rent for the next 2 months.

RoosterUSMC said:
azzkikur, make sure u go into the advanced settings and enable gamma corrected AA and MSAA if you want grass and bushes to be AA'd.
I found GC AA, but only other thing I could find was Transparency AA /w MS. That the right one?

Talonz said:

~forties I would guess. The trick to enjoying your game and saving money is to leave the fps counter off.

Back