Latest build...(pics)

plywood99

[H]ard|Gawd
Just bought a new case from the Egg. Cost me a whole $22 bucks. Best cheap case ever. Tons of room to play around with, 24" high, 7.5" wide, 16" deep.

This thing is built like a brick house, thick steel, no aluminum here, had to cut the hole for the rad with a circular saw, dremel just wouldn't do it in a reasonable amount of time. I removed the lower drive cage and mounted it on top of the psu too, so I could mount the rad in the front of the case.

Other than that she is totally stock. I think I will be buying more of these cases.
Wish it came in black though, or maybe green. May have to break out the spray paint.

Case.jpg

InsideCase.jpg

DtekMag.jpg

DDRBooster.jpg

ModdedRad.jpg

WaterLoop.jpg

Would like to improve wire management, but my ddr booster wires are totally messy and in the way. Maybe KrakenGuy will give me some pointers.

looks great! that's a nice case for just $22, although i wouldn't really want something quite so massive :D keep it up is all i can say!

I'm really liken those huge cases, towers cubes, it doesn't matter, the bigger the better.

Pkirk618 said:
that case has some serious modding potential :D

Yeah, and at $22 bucks, so what if you cut the crap out of it, just get another... :D

Those are one of the few types of cases where you cane stand a Bonnie heater core on end and still use your drive bays.............. :D

Nice work, now get to modding that white thing............. :eek:

i don't know about modding it a whole lot.

half the fun of a case like that is building a sleeper.

i was messing around with an old comador case that i grabbed off the curb, however at the time i had neither to tools, the patience or the know-how to make things work right. oh well. i really wish that i had just sat on the thing because these days i think that i could do it. just put the thing on castors, and drag it on a leash to a friends' place to lan a bit.

Thats the first time i've been asked directly if I could help with cable management, lol.

Ummmm, for the DDR wires, sleeve them. There doesn't look like a whole lot you can do to this case (cable wise) cause its pretty big.

The problem with cable management, is that its a bitch to do over the internet, because you can never judge how much room there is for a wire or not.

Sometimes there are just wires that cannot be hidden (those DDR wires for example), so the best thing you can do, is sleeve them or wrap them in electrical tape so that they don't look so appealing or spread out.

I've got that problem in my case too (Super Lanboy), there are just some wires that I cannot hide, so i've taped them together so they don't stick out as much.

Plywood, the only direct advice I can give here for you, would be to experiment with your case, find what can go where, push your case's limits for management, if the wire doesn't go where you want it too, make it fit =).

Also, get a mouse pad for your pump =), it will make the vibration go down a little bit and thus making a quieter case =D. And, can your CPU block be rotated? So that the inlet is closer to the pump and you don't have to cross as many tubes?

Just remember that if the wire is to short you can often cut it and solder in an extra piece. Gets more interesting when you start that kind of fun with the PSU or drive cables though ;)

KrakenGuy said:
Sometimes there are just wires that cannot be hidden (those DDR wires for example), so the best thing you can do, is sleeve them or wrap them in electrical tape so that they don't look so appealing or spread out.
Also, get a mouse pad for your pump =), it will make the vibration go down a little bit and thus making a quieter case =D. And, can your CPU block be rotated? So that the inlet is closer to the pump and you don't have to cross as many tubes?

1) Tape! Now why didn't I think of that.
2) Interestingly enough, the pump does not vibrate at all, no noise, nothing at all, it just pumps water. Dead silent. I love that thing.
3) Unfortunately can't rotate my block due to mounting bracket.

Thanks for the tips KrakenGuy, maybe I can return the favor sometime... :)

Top Nurse said:
Just remember that if the wire is to short you can often cut it and solder in an extra piece. Gets more interesting when you start that kind of fun with the PSU or drive cables though ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Not my new OCZ Powerstream!

Yeah I did that on an old Antec junker that I had. But I think I'll have to wait for the newness factor to wear off before I chop on my OCZ.

As for making cables. Try owning an Amiga 1200 till 1998. I had to make EVERYTHING for that computer, nothing really available for it past like 1993-94 hear in the states. Quite a bit of stuff available in Europe at that time but couldn't get my hands on the stuff...

I'm doing that with my brand new PCP&C 510 SLI :p After the first wire it's all downhill :D

Nice setup you got goin there. I was considering buying that case from newegg but when I spotted a Sun Microsystems server case, I just HAD to go the custom route. One thing about your watercooling loops. For god sakes man, use some clamps! I know your gonna say, "well they seem quite snug", but that doesn't last forever. At most it will cost you $5 and its worth it at LEAST for the peace of mind.

BTW, whats the other ATi card your using? Is it a tuner card or something?

autobot said:
Nice setup you got goin there. I was considering buying that case from newegg but when I spotted a Sun Microsystems server case, I just HAD to go the custom route. One thing about your watercooling loops. For god sakes man, use some clamps! I know your gonna say, "well they seem quite snug", but that doesn't last forever. At most it will cost you $5 and its worth it at LEAST for the peace of mind.

BTW, whats the other ATi card your using? Is it a tuner card or something?

Clamps! We don't need no stinking clamps! :D :D :D

Yeah, it's an Ati tv tuner card with remote. I don't watch tv enough to warrant having one so I just use my pc when I want to watch the odd show or what not.

Back