Help, problem with 2405fpw and component inputs.

Heyzeus17

n00b
Help, i just got my 2405fpw and tried hooking my xbox up through it through the component inputs.

the picture looks real grainy or noisy/staticky.

could someone else hook their xbox up through the component inputs and let me know if they have the same thing.

when i hook it up through the vga inputs it looks fine but through the component inputs it looks grainy.

otherwise no dead pixels, can't check backlight cause the god damn sun is still out.

curse you sun.

well i've read that the dell 2405fpw uses really crappy component inputs so it wont look good.
let me try to find the article and i'll link it

Component not composite? Shouldn't be doing that, that's kinda odd. I use the S-Video one myself (albeit for my PS2).

hmmm i tried my gamecubes component cables and it wasn't all noisy like that with metroid prime.

maybe it's the component cables i'm usting with the xbox.

Well you eliminated the monitor itself as the fault point. I would say either the X-Box's component cable is damaged, or it's output is misconfigured/inadequate/dirty/damaged.

Send it back. Some of the 2405's have bad component inputs which causes that kind of rolling lines through the HD Signal. Mine works perfect, but I have a couple of dead pixels. A replacement I had sent, had no dead pixels but the issue you described, so I just kept my original.

gahhh i can see backlight bleed.

how annoying.

why don't they check this **** out at the wharehouse.

they probably just plug it in to make sure it works then ship it out.

No backlight problems here, from what I heard it's moderately rare.

And yeah they probably just check to see if it turns on, and if anything is wrong with it they deal with it when and if the customer complains. ^_^

those of you that had dell send you a replacement, did you just call and ask for it, or did you email them.

i assume they didn't make you send the monitor back first before sending out the replacement.

oh and the way you test for backlight bleed is by setting it to a black screen in a dark room and look for areas where the screen is lighter than the rest right.

if so then i did it right.

bump, come on, anyone with experience returning dell monitors what did you have to do to get them to send out a new one before they got the old one back.

Heyzeus17 said:
bump, come on, anyone with experience returning dell monitors what did you have to do to get them to send out a new one before they got the old one back.

I just sent out a message a couple of days ago via their support form. 1 day later I received a response via email that a replacement would be shipped out and arrive in 3 to 5 days, and when I was ready to ship the old one back, I could do so. So I get to play with the 2405 while the replacement comes.

I've heard that if you complain enough (or make yourself sound really really important) they will overnight a replacement to you, but that didn't happen to me. I complained about bad pixels.

Do you have a link to their support form.

i'm on dell right now and their service options are the most god awfull pieces of **** i've ever encountered.

They offer chat, but then when i try to use it they ask for a service tag that isn't there.

so i use order support chat and the lady of course can't help me other than to give me a number to dell tech support and she gives me an extension that she says will be faster, except that extension asks for the express service tag which guess what, i don't have.

gahhhhhhhhhhh, they make it so annoying.

Heyzeus17 said:

i'm on dell right now and their service options are the most god awfull pieces of **** i've ever encountered.

They offer chat, but then when i try to use it they ask for a service tag that isn't there.

so i use order support chat and the lady of course can't help me other than to give me a number to dell tech support and she gives me an extension that she says will be faster, except that extension asks for the express service tag which guess what, i don't have.

I used this form since I bought my 2405 using my Small Business account:

http://support.dell.com/support/top...mailcustomercare?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn

I did Customer Case -->Return/Exchange Policy Question and sent my exchange request there.

Heyzeus17 said:

dont punch in a express tag just wait and a choice for monitor will come up, its a secret shhh. Yah dells tech support is a pain to get into but they do help you, as for a good replacement thats another story. I tried their chat too, the guy couldnt grasp the concept that i wanted a replacement he just kept thinking i wanted to buy another monitor.

Ok..I have this problem with the rolling lines as well.

I don't see them when I use the same Xbox with the regular Video input, however then the graphics are rather blurry at Full Screen. So I want my 480p signal ;-)

Any fix for this?

Otherwise the monitor is great, no problems with regular use or gaming so far at all.

Back