Announcing LCDStudio v2 BETA

coorz

Weaksauce
For all you LCD (and VFD soon) freaks LCD Studio v2 Beta has been released for the public, checkout this amazing piece of software!

DSCN4415.jpg

DSCN4398.jpg

DSCN4405.jpg

DSCN4389.jpg

Enjoy!

damn thats sweet, makes me want a display like that.. soo, what display is that? model/etc? thx

think we'll transfer this to the audience that will really be interested
(and alot more eyeballs)

I took the liberty of independently hosting these, I assume thats all right?

display1.jpg

display2.jpg

dispaly3.jpg

What LCD is that? What are the dimensions? And where can it be purchased?

EDIT: 9311 needs to read threads more before posting.... I swear that link wasn't here the first time I read this.

EDIT 2: Okay, can't figure it out, what are the dimensions? Can anyone point me in the direction of a display to fit in my 3x3.5 bay?

OH MY GOD! That is so gorgeous!

I have got to build that! I didn't see a shopping list with sources anywhere on that thread... any suggestions?

Included is 320x240 white on blue LCD panel from Sharp, S1D13305 (SED1335) controller board with contrast adjustment, CCFL inverter for backlight, cable to LPT port and power cable to PC powersupply. So everything that is needed to get the display running and already assembled. The LCD is new from factory packaging. Works with LCDInfo and most other graphical lcd software.

Price for the whole set would be 99 EUR + shipping. Priority shipping to Europe is 7.50 EUR and rest of the world 11.90 EUR.
For more details email me

good price.

Drool... Now I've gotta start saving some money (right after figuing the conversion rate). :D

Looks like going offtopic, but i intended to promote LCDStudio, not my display ;)
The first set of pics is with LCDStudio, the other ones are with LCDinfo/Liquid-MP3.
And no it's not a display you can buy easily, and it ain't the one for 99 euro's though that one is also VERY nice and perhaps more important plug 'n play.
Character LCD - HD44780 - support under LCDStudio is in the planning, no ETA though.

well there was a danger of that, but the folks that would want the display are also the folks that would want the software, and there are alot more of em in case modding than in General Software, where more often than not its about how to disinfect a box getting a codec to work ect. And this thread would already be on page 3

or would be if that forum moved that fast :p

currently there are 105 viewing case mods
and only 9 viewing General Software :p

BellaCroix said:
Anyone have any idea if this software would work with this display?

How difficult would it be to get it to work?

Yes it would work with that display if only the author would write a driver for it, which incidentally has been discussed before in other realms and the answer is....no. :rolleyes:

Godda... I love the look of that software package and really want to get that Alphacool display but I'm hesitant since all the info and plug-ins I can find are written in German.

I've spent enough time trying to muddle my way through setting up an AquaComputer Aquaero and would really like a nice USB Graphic LCD to finish this build.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Would like blue, and preferably from a company accusomed to doing business in the US. And regardless of how easy writing new scripts for it may be, I'd like one with a good software package pre-written.

*edit* : Coors, I just noticed EVERY post with graphic displays that I've drooled over for the last 2 years* has your name somewhere on it... hook a brotha up? Will LCDInfo work with that Alpha display?

*Especially this one... Technogasm!

marc214 said:
I came across one of these. what is it going to take to make it run like yours?screen info... (EL640.400 CD4 FRA)
That one won't work the way we want it to; too big to control normally.
According to the datasheet it can be hooked up to the VFC connector and used as a second monitor, looks to be nice display.

@BellaCroix
LCDStudio has an Aqua XML plugin, i've seen a design for it on the forum very nice!
In the USA you can contact member One~Zero over at the Studio forum, maybe he's got some nice displays for sale.
I'm sorry but i do not have the power to have those Alphacool USB displays supported bij Studio or LCDinfo. It's solely up to the authors and Alphacool willing to sponsor them some displays.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for him over there... was checking the forum topics for a Buy/Sell/Trade category but didn't see any. I'll look him up.

I think the thing I most like about the Alphacool one is the bay bracket, suppose I could cut up a Crystalfontz display bracket but...

What's "No reason"?

Seems to me asking a question about if a piece of software would work on a particular LCD now readily available in the US is a completely valid reason to resurect it.

Back