Really [H]ot! Top-level Domain names! - $0.37ea!

Exxxxcellent... although I'm a bit leary because it's so damn cheap... how can they afford that?

Still, I just bought a few domains...

This is so freaking cheap. I just got to think off a couple of good domain names.

I picked up 4 names, but the money was refunded and my account locked.

guys i'd be very wary about this one..

do a whois on the domain name.. its all 'privacy protected'

and the Company link is broken... i wouldn't give these guys my CC number

sativa said:
guys i'd be very wary about this one..

do a whois on the domain name.. its all 'privacy protected'

and the Company link is broken... i wouldn't give these guys my CC number

Meh, the domain has been registered since 2001 and according to the wayback machine they've been around in some form or another since almost that time.

The domains I ordered are already resolving, and I have no issues logging into my account on their site. I havent recieved any emails about order cancellations, and in fact recieved emails for each domain telling me they were registered and activated.

So I'm happy sofar. :)

It's limited to one per customer. But now I've been instructed to remove the link. However it's not a scam. It's run by a well-known webhost that's been around since late-2000(www.myacen.com).

Thing is, people are registering thousands of domains at a time. :eek:

Some people delete this thread

post the url just dont link to it when they look at their logs they see http refers like hundres xoming from hardforum they are liek wtf

fromage said:
It's limited to one per customer. But now I've been instructed to remove the link. However it's not a scam. It's run by a well-known webhost that's been around since late-2000(www.myacen.com).

Thing is, people are registering thousands of domains at a time. :eek:

Some people delete this thread

It almost sounds like you are related to this 'company' somehow. How else could you have been 'instructed' to remove the link?

If a company is going to run such a promotion and have a limit of one registration per customer, then they should have the forsight to setup thei registration scripts on their website to enforce this limit. And they should DEFINATELY not start cancelling orders due to their own short-sightedness.... especially where a domain is concerned because now the registrant will have to wait months for it to clear the system and become free again. Although I can sort of see cancelling someone's order that was hundreds of domains

I encourage anyone who had their domains cancelled to make a stink about it over at www.webhostingtalk.com forums. If anything the bad press will make these people think twice about this type of tom foolery again.

My domains havent been cancelled yet, and I havent recieved any indication via email that they will be. I sincerely hope I don't.

Back