Could someone with a GTX do me a huge favour?

wizzackr

[H]ard|Gawd
I originally planned on putting a Quadro FX1300 into my new rig, as I will mainly use it for Maya. However, as DejaWiz pointed out to me, the extreme raw 3D rendering power of the 7800GTX compared to the FX1300 would probably outweigh the differences of the optimized drivers for the Quadro.

No matter how much older the quadro is, the impact of these optimized drivers is quite huge, so I'd rather make sure.

Could someone with a GTX do me the huge favour and run the specViewPerf benchmark on his machine and post the results? That is, of course, if there is no review online where they already did that (I couldn't find any, though).

It'd be grand to see if the Quadro still outperforms the GTX.

Does driver settings, CPU speed, ram, etc matter?

With a BFG 7800GTX I got these results;

Code:
Run All Summary 

---------- SUM_RESULTS\3DSMAX\SUMMARY.TXT
3dsmax-03 Weighted Geometric Mean =   18.01

---------- SUM_RESULTS\CATIA\SUMMARY.TXT
catia-01 Weighted Geometric Mean =   12.05

---------- SUM_RESULTS\ENSIGHT\SUMMARY.TXT
ensight-01 Weighted Geometric Mean =   14.21

---------- SUM_RESULTS\LIGHT\SUMMARY.TXT
light-07 Weighted Geometric Mean =   10.85

---------- SUM_RESULTS\MAYA\SUMMARY.TXT
maya-01 Weighted Geometric Mean =   19.72

---------- SUM_RESULTS\PROE\SUMMARY.TXT
proe-03 Weighted Geometric Mean =   18.46

---------- SUM_RESULTS\SW\SUMMARY.TXT
sw-01 Weighted Geometric Mean =   16.53

---------- SUM_RESULTS\UGS\SUMMARY.TXT
ugs-04 Weighted Geometric Mean =   10.50

fallguy said:
Does driver settings, CPU speed, ram, etc matter?

Hell, thanks a bunch, fallguy! that was quick!
Now, if you could give me a short system summary that would be awesome!

3700+ SD, at stock at the moment. Had to reset the cmos.. and then started to dl a huge file.. so Im stuck at 2.2gig till its done. Does CPU speed matter? Usually Im at 2.65gig. Up from the 2.2 stock.
4x512 Mushkin PC4000 Redline, Cas2 2-2-6-2T
DFI NF4-D
BFG 7800GTX stock clocks, but with driver quality set to highest, AA/AF set to app preference.

That is one fine rig you got there! Unfortunately nVidia did a fabulous job crippling that monster's performance in their drivers when it comes to professional-apps. Look at the results a laptop with a quadro FX1400go gets in comparison :eek:

too bad, the gamer in me wanted a GTX so badly, but I cannot afford to loose that much performance in maya :(

Thanks a lot, Fallguy - helped me for my decision

Back