FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

ZeRo_C0oL

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone.. I'm in a bit of a bind here, and now have to list up my new motorcycle so that I can take care of other financial obligations. I want you to consider the fact that the pictures DO NOT do the bike justice, at all. I also have a couple sound clips of the exhaust, and can take more pictures at your request. I'm aiming at the $5,000 spectrum but we might be able to work something out if you're interested.. If you're not, no big deal.. hope you'll pass the word on to your friends. I'm not going to lie to you--I'd like to be able to come out ahead since I just bought it Wednesday night, but the profit is more than minimal.

My girlfriend has emergency surgery coming up that we weren't expecting, and due to the fact that she just started a new job, she doesn't have an insurance provider right now.. so she's getting 4 wisdom teeth removed, and a root canal, with no insurance. It's pretty much up to me to pay for the expenses and I'm trying to put my priorities in order. This is my dream bike, but I can't leave her hanging like that.

All of the lower accessories, the frame, and the swingarm are polished.. It has aftermarket Renthol grips, aftermarket sprocket, an expensive gold aftermarket chain, ZeroGravity double bubble smoked windscreen that really cuts down the airflow to restrict how much air hits you in the face, carbon fiber brake and clutch levers, shaved front and rear turn signals, custom painted wheels with tribal patterns along the lips (stock wheels were a matching blue.. too much blue!!!), carbon fiber tribal pattern tank grip, frame sliders, gutted canister so it's the loudest rocket on two wheels I've ever heard in person, but if I keep the bike I'm going to buy the Micron canister that fades from a matching blue color to polished/chrome at the end.. You can lower this bike just like you would lower a car with coilovers. All of the decals other than the "Kawasaki" logos have been removed.. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's all I can think of at the moment. If sold for what I'm trying to get for it, I will include a pair of Joe Rocket riding gloves with carbon fiber knuckles, thumb pads, etc.. all of the stock accessories, and an extra large Vega helmet. It's an amazing motorcycle. Feel free to pass the word on to your friends if you know anyone that would be interested. If I sell it, I'd like to know that it's going to a good home. Like I said, this is my dream bike.. I don't want to see some stupid kid doing wheelies on it going down the road--know what I mean? Let me know what you think of it!

DSC01126.JPG

DSC01129.JPG

Again, I can and will provide more pictures and even soundclips at your request. Just let me know what you want to see.

UPDATE: Pick the bike up by September 25th and you can take it for $5000 cash or $4000 + $1000 +/- worth of acceptable electronics in trade.. I would consider a nice television, laptop, or desktop computer as a partial trade.

I do not, by any means, have to get rid of this motorcycle. I own it out right, and have the title sitting on my desk. The chance of you getting a similar bike for less, in my opinion, is slim to none. You have to see it in person to really appreciate it!

Holy mother of God....that is one beautiful bike. I would definitely get one if I was in VA and this was next year. I have promised myself either an AFF (aerial free-fall skydiving) license or a bike (Honda shadow or a rice burner) for my PhD graduation. $6000 is an awesome price for a bike like that.

Wish you the best of luck on selling this and on the gf getting better.

magnuspah said:
Holy mother of God....that is one beautiful bike. I would definitely get one if I was in VA and this was next year. I have promised myself either an AFF (aerial free-fall skydiving) license or a bike (Honda shadow or a rice burner) for my PhD graduation. $6000 is an awesome price for a bike like that.

Wish you the best of luck on selling this and on the gf getting better.

Thank you! I really do appreciate that..

$6000 includes a $300 helmet, a $100 pair of gloves, all the stock parts, the bike itself as it sits in the pictures, a motorcycle cover, 2 keys, and I'll hand the title to the motorcycle over as I cry for letting go of my dream bike.. LOL!

Skydiving, eh? I've always wanted to do that but I think I would literally pee myself if I was several thousand (or even hundred, for that matter) feet in the air about to jump out! One of those things I want to do before my time is up though! ;)

Anyway, I really appreciate the feedback and positive comments. Makes it even harder to let go of it when I hear peoples reactions like that to it.

Well, I figure I have not died from skiing yet so why not skydiving or motorcycling. If you don't mind, I will let some of the skiers at ski forums know about your deal. I am sure some of the adrenaline junkies will love your deal.

Did I say: WOW :eek: :D

Thank you again.. :)

Bump! I know there's got to be someone out there who's interested. I'm not firm on $6,000 to take it away but I don't want to be hit with any lowball offers either. Having the frame professionally polished was an $800 expense.. This bike REALLY turns heads. I went out on it last night and I can't tell you how many girls (and guys) were watching my every move. If you like attention, this is the bike for you. Get over the fact that it's a 600cc motorcycle..... You don't need a Hayabusa. I hear people say 600's are too small for them and too weak for them all the time; Most of the time it's people who have never even sat on a motorcycle, let alone ridden one. The bike rev's to 14,000 rpms and I ran out of courage right at 8,000.. I haven't beat on the bike; Quite frankly, I'm afraid to. It's fast! Very fast.

We might be able to work something out for an interested party... I've got the carbon fiber knuckled Joe Rocket gloves, the Vega helmet, motorcycle cover, and all of the factory parts as well.....

JCJones86 said:
Bump for a fellow Roanoker, and pics on Brambleton Ave! Hahaha :D

:eek: :D Good eye! Wow.. I only knew of one other [H] member from Roanoke! Small world. I've been on here for quite a few years but I've never seen you around. Thanks for the bump! Spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. I'd be happy to show it off in person if anyone in the area might be interested in checking it out. :)

My dream bike aswell. A shame I'll never be able to afford one in this life time. Or as least one as nice as that.

whoami said:
Very VERY nice bike.

rwhp/rwtq?

We're having a group dyno day here in Roanoke (or actually Salem) tomorrow at Commonwealth Kinetics.. I was originally going to take the GTI to dyno it, but I'm waiting to find out if they can put a bike on the rollers. If they can, I will be dynoing it tomorrow to see what kind of power it really makes. If you want to know the truth about how much power it does or does not make, twist the throttle a little too hard and you tell me if it's fast enough. I'm scared of this thing, and that's probably the only reason why I'm still alive. By the seat of my pants, it's very quick. I won't know for sure how much power it makes until I can dyno it. I really need to get this thing gone though, unfortunately, but it's for a good reason guys. Believe me, I wouldn't hand over the keys if I didn't have to!

Thanks everyone! The bumps and positive comments are very much appreciated.

Bump 4 a guy in Roanoke, Been there worked, and checked out Hooters, Nice Place :)

czech09 said:
Why not post more info on it? Year, Mileage, etc...

I'm sorry.. guess I got caught up in what's done to it.

It's a 2001 ZX6R Kawasaki (fuel injected), currently sitting at 62xx pampered miles.. Literally. Previous owner changed oil religiously and it was immaculately clean each and every time I saw the bike in person prior to purchasing it.

If you figure the average motorcycle enthusiast puts about 3000 miles a year on a motorcycle, you'll see that this bike is low on miles for the year. It's got about half the miles that you would expect to see a typical 2001 ridden 3k miles a year on it.

dasaint said:
Bump 4 a guy in Roanoke, Been there worked, and checked out Hooters, Nice Place :)

Any guy from out of town only comments on Hooters! Are we THAT boring? :eek: :p

Cool. Dyno numbers are always appreciated.

What's the advertised rwtq/rwhp though? Just for thought.

Oh, and another bump, very nice bike, i'm a speed-demon myself, but I'll stick to personal vehicles with 2 doors and a passenger seat :)

JCJones86 said:
Any guy from out of town only comments on Hooters! Are we THAT boring? :eek: :p

nothing wrong with Hooters especially there.. got served by nice 19-21 year old waitress's and they were hot at the time... plus u should be proud to have such a nice hooters :p

Bump for a Kawasaki

whoami said:
Cool. Dyno numbers are always appreciated.

What's the advertised rwtq/rwhp though? Just for thought.

Oh, and another bump, very nice bike, i'm a speed-demon myself, but I'll stick to personal vehicles with 2 doors and a passenger seat :)

Not sure how accurate this information actually is, but I just checked the internet after seeing your question and it LOOKS like they say it's got about 120 horsepower.. can run 10's in the quarter mile.. again, just based on the information I found. I'll do some more homework on it and get back to you about that.

If I have this bike for another couple of weeks, there won't be much talking me down on the price anymore because I will have invested more money into it into yet another exhaust (Micron pipe.. fades from the blue of the bike to a chrome/polished), power commander, fender eliminator kit, different style tail lights, plate relocator, HID headlights.. and I'm looking at having two helmets airbrushed to match the bike. PLEASE, someone, for the love of God... buy this bike. I'm selling it to raise money for more important things, and I'm sitting here contemplating investing MORE money into it! LOL!

babochee said:
how close are you to SVU?...

To be quite honest with you, I'm not sure what SVU stands for.. :D

Southern Virginia University? lol.... How about a city or a zip code? I'll be glad to tell ya. Viva la mapquest! My zip code is 24014 for those who are interested to see how far it is from you.

I would be willing to ship the bike but the buyer would have to do most of the legwork for me since I've never done anything like that before. There are plenty of obvious risks involved. I'm willing to negotiate on the price but I will not, and can not take a loss on it. We can probably get by if I keep the bike... I love the motorcycle, and so does she, but I'm putting my priorities in order.

Happy to answer any questions, concerns, comments, etc.... Thanks again for the bumps, everyone. :)

Gorgeous bike, would love to have it. Unfortunately the money isn't there right now and I just picked up an '02 Ninja EX250 for my first bike. I'm in Radford for what it's worth. If you were waiting to oh say, December, I'd probably have the cash heh.

Good luck.

earlmred said:
Gorgeous bike, would love to have it. Unfortunately the money isn't there right now and I just picked up an '02 Ninja EX250 for my first bike. I'm in Radford for what it's worth. If you were waiting to oh say, December, I'd probably have the cash heh.

Good luck.

Thank ya! :)

I've had a few people express interest in it but that's the norm right now.. "Want it, if it's around in ____ I'll buy it" ;) I did, however, send you a pm to discuss it with you. Maybe we can work something out.

bump for a fellow roanoker and u REALLY shouldn't have a bike that sick unless u have some serious experience on a track and lessons first b/c IT'S AN INSANE blurmachine. good luck man I got no shot at a crotchrocket aka my wife lol. tried Jason at We Go Fast? lmk if I can help w/ contacts.

spaceman said:
bump for a fellow roanoker and u REALLY shouldn't have a bike that sick unless u have some serious experience on a track and lessons first b/c IT'S AN INSANE blurmachine. good luck man I got no shot at a crotchrocket aka my wife lol. tried Jason at We Go Fast? lmk if I can help w/ contacts.

Thanks bro.. I'll have to PM you!

Buh-buh-bump! :)

To the top, again.. Willing to negotiate on the price, but I'm not going to lose my tail on this one!

Thank ya..

Bump! I have the title in front of me. Make this easy for the both of us!

Anyone? :D

I would potentially CONSIDER partial trades, but cash is better... especially with everything going on right now.

That is a nice looking bike. I have a 99 ZX6R. I just wanted to let you know that all the ZX6R's had carbs (NOT fuel injected) up through 2002. It was the 2003 model year and newer that are injected. Also, a well running ZX6R of the 98-02 years will make about 100-105 rwhp. Good luck with your sale!

Back